Steven Jackson Cursed?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I'm not a fan of a guy who says "you guys arent good enough for me, I'm going elsewhere". He opted out
Ordinarily I'd agree with this ,but he'd been through all the drama of the Zyggy Shaw/Martz debacle, Linnehan "rebuild",Spags "rebuild" and was being asked to take a reduced roll in the Fisher rebuild and I'm sure he knew it was gonna take time for the youth movement to produce .
I don't even think if they hadn't let him out of his contract the Rams wouldn't have demanded a renegotiation and cut him.
If there ever was an exception to your sentiment here dieter this is one I'd make ,BTW count me among those who view this as a smart coach and team letting go a year early instead of a year late

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Still amazes me that there is such affection for a guy who chose to go elsewhere. He could have stayed and been part of the rebuild here, but opted for greener pastures. So he got what he asked for. Playing for a team with a worse record, and sharing carries. Is he cursed? No, but I do believe Karma is a beyotch
It was Fisher who told him he wasn't going to be the guy anymore. Given that he wanted to be, I can't blame him for leaving.

I'm not going to be one of those fans who loves players like they do an orange... get everything they can from him, then throw away the rest by disliking him when he leaves for elsewhere.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I have no problem with the way he has handled his career and I have nothing but respect for the way he has handled himself as a human being.

........ if he came back to the Rams in his twilight I'm fine with that too I don't know why anybody would be upset with him for what he has done

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I'd still take him as a 3rd down back. His pass blocking skills made me a huge fan!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ooks-young-again-as-falcons-hang-onto-chance/

Steven Jackson looks young again, as Falcons hang onto chance
Posted by Darin Gantt on November 10, 2014

883881043ba2a858d45295752f2e6063-e1415634026298.jpeg
Getty Images

Ordinarily, a 31-year-old running back grinding out 81 rushing yards for a 3-6 team wouldn’t be what you’d call news.

But in the NFC South, where everything is graded on a curve, the return of a somewhat-dynamicSteven Jackson gives the Falcons a measure of hope.

Jackson ran for a healthy 5.1 yards per carry average in yesterday’s win over the Buccaneers, the kind of balance they were hoping he’d bring but hasn’t often enough. So a 9-yard run to start the game was more than just a good start, it was a sign of something they had been missing.

It’s really important to set a physical tone,” Jackson said, via Vaughn McClure of ESPN.com. “The game of football is a physical game. Whenever you’re going into a game, you’ve got to set the tempo. You’ve got to set your presence before anybody else. I take pride in that. And I think a lot of times, people are getting away from it because the game has turned into a passing game. The appreciation is being lost. But it’s still very important. You see that with the defending Super Bowl champions [Seattle].”

Of course, the Falcons are far from that level, and far from good. But they’re also only a game out of first place in their division, despite putting so many offensive linemen on IR that their offseason quest for toughness has been compromised.

They’ll have to beat tougher opponents than the Bucs to make it mean anything, but it’s something, anyway.

“It’s not relief,” Jackson said of breaking a five-game losing streak. “We still got a lot of hay to put away in the barn. We’ve got to take it one week at a time. We’ve got another tough divisional game. Carolina’s a tough, physical defense. So it’s going to be a great game. We’re just fortunate enough to know that we’re still in there — possibly.”

In the NFC South, practically everyone is, so the Falcons have as good a shot as anyone.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
People are really holding him opting out against him? Lets be real here, he carried us for so long and so hard without complaint that we OWE it to him to be grateful. He could have pissed off years ago, but he kept trucking to the end for us, if anybody deserved to try to ride off into the sunset with a ring it's him. Lets not forget that this was in the middle of Fisher being in the process of trying to replace him anyways, isn't that also messed up? Should we drop allegiance with Fisher for that? Why should Jackson have sat around and waited to be replaced on a team rebuilding again? If you're gonna be replaced, why not just go off and find a place where you could achieve your dream instead of sitting around warming up a bench for the great pleasure of watching a team lose?

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Big props to my boy who hit 11k a few weeks back and hit 75 career TDs yesterday. If ATL had an OL & a D they'd be playoff caliber. Its a shame he's run behind a crap OL his 2 years in ATL after all of his terrible OL's in STL

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I really don't blame Fisher, the running game is important to him and he wanted to do it his way. He drafted the backs he wanted and spent some serious money on the offensive line, in an attempt to also protect his quarterback. I really think Fisher did what he had to do, and I really don't blame SJ for moving on, as the writing was clearly on the wall.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I really don't blame Fisher, the running game is important to him and he wanted to do it his way. He drafted the backs he wanted and spent some serious money on the offensive line, in an attempt to also protect his quarterback. I really think Fisher did what he had to do, and I really don't blame SJ for moving on, as the writing was clearly on the wall.
I agree. A mutual break up. The Rams were moving on and it was fairly obvious that that meant Jackson was no longer a part of that movement. So Jackson took his bags and left gracefully and graciously. It'd be one thing if he opted out and then left with a string of profanity and hatred towards the Rams and Fisher, but he left, thanked us for our continued support and then went where he could achieve every boy's dream.

This wasn't a one sided affair where either begged the other to reconsider. They both knew that it was time to move on and they did.