Stefen Wisniewski Anyone?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

What should Rams do for the Center Position

• Sign FA Stefen Wisniewski

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Sign FA Tim Barnes

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Sign Barnes and Wis

Votes: 16 40.0%

• Total voters

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don't have a problem signing Wisniewski, as we need a lot of draft capital if we intend to trade up for a QB. So, filling holes by FA seem like a necessity.

That said; if we thought highly of Wisniewski, wouldn't we have signed him before last year? Especially as cheap as he signed?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
if we thought highly of Wisniewski, wouldn't we have signed him before last year? Especially as cheap as he signed?

It is a bit of a conundrum, seems based on experience and cost that Wiz should have been considered as an instant upgrade for such a young OL filled with rookies and near rookies. Wisniewski was a 4 year starter that hadn't missed a start in any game he was available, and a year younger than Barnes. Barnes was a 3 year, 27 year old professional back-up that got the nod, and many of us were unpleasantly surprised. Barnes will become a 28 year old with starting aspirations who graded out near the bottom of the Center class last season, and after 4 years in the league, how much better should we expect him to play in the future ? If he were another of our rookies last year, i'd give him the benefit of the doubt, but he's a vet playing at a back-up level, so I imagine we've seen the best we will from him. Not all of our guys will develop into successful starters, … if this team is to get to the next level, then tough decisions need be made. jmo.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Every FA red cent needs to go towards keeping this defense together.
Hyperbole, but that's where i'm spending the money if i'm the GM.
I absolutely agree 100000%!

like.png

And so does my Dog!

lIZZIE.jpg

( I just felt like slipping a picture of her in!!)

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
As with any FA, including our own, it depends on the price.

I doubt we will be able to sign him at a price that is worth disrupting continuity on the line, his on-field contribution in absolute terms, and his utility relative to Barns (which I do not think is as significant as many suggest - Barnes looked more than respectable whenever both the guards beside him were not a flaming dumpster fire)