Stedman Bailey - week 3 fantasy starter?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Hey all, there's a general question - how much do you think Bailey will play in week 3? Also a specific one - in a 16-team PPR league, would you start him over Benny Cunningham, Justin Hunter, Steven Jackson and Lamar Miller (my flex options)?

Personally, I think with Austin banged up, Bailey starts in the slot for us Sunday and is a big part of the passing attack. He, Cook and Quick will get a lot of looks. I imagine he'll get 5-6 passes thrown his way. Maybe more, depending on who the Cowboys key coverage on.

lockdnram21

Legend
i really dont think he will be that in volved. he will probably get 3-4 targets depending on how much attention Quick gets from defenses. I also dont think Bailey immediately leaps over Pettis and Givens

Big Game

Living The Dream
Hey all, there's a general question - how much do you think Bailey will play in week 3? Also a specific one - in a 16-team PPR league, would you start him over Benny Cunningham, Justin Hunter, Steven Jackson and Lamar Miller (my flex options)?

Personally, I think with Austin banged up, Bailey starts in the slot for us Sunday and is a big part of the passing attack. He, Cook and Quick will get a lot of looks. I imagine he'll get 5-6 passes thrown his way. Maybe more, depending on who the Cowboys key coverage on.

Good question i don't think i would start him over Steven Jackson but I do think Bailey gets into the game and plays good minutes due to Tavon's injury.

Irish

Starter
640745c0b9a1db061b6ca71f97c346e2.jpg

jjab360

Legend
Should you start a no.4 receiver on a run-first team with a third-string QB and coming off a suspension with only half a week of practice??

C'mon man...

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Should you start a no.4 receiver on a run-first team with a third-string QB and coming off a suspension with only half a week of practice??

C'mon man...
He practiced plenty, just not the past two weeks. Got tons of reps in the preseason, many with the current 3rd-string QB who is now running the team.

What about the more general question? How much play do you think he gets?

jjab360

Legend
He practiced plenty, just not the past two weeks. Got tons of reps in the preseason, many with the current 3rd-string QB who is now running the team.

What about the more general question? How much play do you think he gets?
I think he gets PT, but not enough to warrant a fantasy start. Davis spreads it around a lot to everybody not named Quick.

Hunter is in leading Titans WRs in targets right now and Miller is going to get the start with Moreno going down. Both are far better options, imo. You're letting your Rams blinders get in the way if you think Bailey is a viable option in just his first game back.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Lamar Miller is your best bet IMHO IF he's 100%. Jackson would be second.

I think Bailey could have a great game especially if TA is out. Both QBs are familiar with him and he's as reliable as they come. He will probably be used in a reverse or end around. He may get some return duties.

That being said, it would be high risk to not wait and see how they use him.

Look at your opponent. Are you expecting to win by a lot? Then play safe. Are you expecting a nail biter? Probably best to play safe. Are you expecting to lose by a lot? Throw the dice?

RamzFanz

Damnit
i really dont think he will be that in volved. he will probably get 3-4 targets depending on how much attention Quick gets from defenses. I also dont think Bailey immediately leaps over Pettis and Givens

I bet he does. Pettis is Mr. Hands but he's not a dynamic playmaker. Givens is not playing good ball at all. If Austin is out, I bet Bailey plays a LOT.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay

I think you need to play Lamar Miller. Yeah, he kind of sucks, but he will get all of the touches for the Fins.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I too have Miller. Starting him now since Moreno is out. I dont think you can comfortably start any rams receiver yet unless Quick can continue his streak.

A55VA6

Legend
I would wait to see how he performs before you throw him in. I'd go with Miller out of those you listed.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
For what-ever it's worth. Wagoner is reporting that, in practice, Bailey looks like he hasn't lost a step! I don't know if that helps you or not!

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would wait to see how he performs before you throw him in. I'd go with Miller out of those you listed.
Yeah, I've had Miller penciled in this week since Moreno went down and SJax has been... disappointing. Just thought it was kind of fun Rams/fantasy food for thought.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Heck no! Not even close...

Quick is the only Rams pass catcher that's starter material. He's been very solid through two weeks as a #3 option.

Irish

Starter
Heck no! Not even close...

Quick is the only Rams pass catcher that's starter material. He's been very solid through two weeks as a #3 option.
Pro Football Focus has Quick as their #10 best WR in the LEAGUE through 2 weeks. If you can buy low on Quick, do it now, especially in keeper leagues, because if his career path continues on the same trajectory and IF he can start finding the endzone, you have a legit WR1 or WR2 on your dynasty teams.

Just think if he had an NFL QB week in and week out

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Pro Football Focus has Quick as their #10 best WR in the LEAGUE through 2 weeks. If you can buy low on Quick, do it now, especially in keeper leagues, because if his career path continues on the same trajectory and IF he can start finding the endzone, you have a legit WR1 or WR2 on your dynasty teams.

Just think if he had an NFL QB week in and week out
He's on the waiver wire in lmost every non Ram fan league. It's crazy.

lockdnram21

Legend
I bet he does. Pettis is Mr. Hands but he's not a dynamic playmaker. Givens is not playing good ball at all. If Austin is out, I bet Bailey plays a LOT.
If u think about it Tavon wasn't that all involved. Not saying he want play but I think for the most part Quick and Britt get majority of snaps