Stedman Bailey shot in the head

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I am kind of frustrated by the lack of updates.

There hasn't been a meaningful update anywhere since ___?
:rant:

You're not going to see many updates when it comes to this. The Rams are going to play this very close to the vest. I mean, look how sparse the updates were on JPP when he had half of his hand blown off by fireworks. This is much more serious and sensitive because Stedman has a LOT of physical and (and occupational if the effects are - and I'm hoping to fate that they aren't - permanently damaging) therapy ahead of him. Everyone here would love to know updates, but that's just not going to be possible when the guy was basically inches away from getting killed.

It's unfortunate, but that's the medical profession for you, and they have reasons for it that can be better explained by a doctor/someone who has worked in the field.

FrankenRam

Starter
It's unfortunate, but that's the medical profession for you, and they have reasons for it that can be better explained by a doctor/someone who has worked in the field.

It's called HIPAA. Health information privacy is a VERY big deal in the health field. And it's really the patient and/or their family who decides what & how much info is made available.

Ladoc

UDFA
Name
Garth
It's possible they were both 'glancing' shots....just skinned the surface w/o penetrating the skull. *IF* that's what happened, it's a major stroke of luck......if there is anything about getting shot in the head that can be considered lucky.

And given that he was sufficiently alert & oriented to speak with of a member of the Rams' medical staff on the phone, it would seem likely the injuries couldn't have been too bad. The hospital's medical staff would never have allowed that if they believed he was in any serious danger. The only real question mark is the reports of 8hr in surgery
Gunshots to the head don't necessarily mean the brain. Of course I don't know what happened and because of patient privacy laws, we will get only limited information. However gunshot wounds to the jaw and face that are no where near the brain often require tedious surgeries of 6-8 hours. If he was talking to staff on the telephone, I doubt he had any direct brain penetration.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Gunshots to the head don't necessarily mean the brain. Of course I don't know what happened and because of patient privacy laws, we will get only limited information. However gunshot wounds to the jaw and face that are no where near the brain often require tedious surgeries of 6-8 hours. If he was talking to staff on the telephone, I doubt he had any direct brain penetration.

Nice to see you Doc.

I think the surgery was on his hip. The shots to the head were grazes, but the shot to the hip wasn't from what I heard.

Ladoc

UDFA
Name
Garth
Nice to see you Doc.

I think the surgery was on his hip. The shots to the head were grazes, but the shot to the hip wasn't from what I heard.
Oh.. Thank you Les, I did not realize he got shot in the hip.if so, that might have created injuries to bowel and slot of bleeding that does take a lot of time to sort out.reading between the lines I think he will be fine .

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It's called HIPAA. Health information privacy is a VERY big deal in the health field. And it's really the patient and/or their family who decides what & how much info is made available.
Wait a minute..... DOCTOR FrankenRam? That's great. Are you actually a doctor? I'm not making fun. I just think that is a great screen name if so.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Oh.. Thank you Les, I did not realize he got shot in the hip.if so, that might have created injuries to bowel and slot of bleeding that does take a lot of time to sort out.reading between the lines I think he will be fine .
Sure hope you're right. I'm sure we all do.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

TMI......lol

The headshots were grazes according to reports.

FrankenRam

Starter

Everything you say is absolutely accurate. But if he was talking with Rams' medical staff on the phone, I also doubt that he had sufficiently serious facial/jaw injuries to warrant 8hr of surgery. It's possible, no question. I just wouldn't put a high degree of probability on it.

fearsomefour

Legend
The bit I read about him talking on the phone was the greatest news. Obviously not a serious brain injury. Lucky dude.

nighttrain

Legend
A .22 at close range is actually especially devastating to the brain because it bounces around the inside of the skull, lacking the power to exit. Or so I've been told.
So true,, 22 assassin choice of weapon
train

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Wondering if Bailey will ever be mentioned......