Stedman Bailey reinstatement official.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Why did this take so long? Proposal sent from NFL and Approved by NFLPA Wednesday. Did NFL hold up because of the Thursday game and it was not fair or clean to everyone that played Sunday or Monday? Poor reporting fron=m my perspective>

RamWoodie

Legend
People are still gonna have their doubts about whether Bailey cheated or not. However they don't think about the nutrtitional supplements out there that contain things that can cause you to fail these test.

These things are out there and there's no way the NFL can keep up with such things. Every player that got suspended wasn't "cheating", of course some were.

I need to read up on why things changed. If I were a betting man...I guarantee you that's part of the equation! If you can by stuff leagally over the counter, that can cause a player to fail the test...HOW CAN YOU PENALIZE THEM?

I'm certainly not an expert...but think about all the pharmaceutical products that come out.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
It is out of control when you can buy something over the counter and get penalized for taking it. Goodell is a thug.

Last edited:

A55VA6

Legend
Even if Sted 'cheated', he still served a 2 game suspension. It's not like he got away scot-free. And by his Instagram / Twitter posts, he's working hard and dying to get back out there and make an impact. I think he's learned his lesson and I'm pretty sure he'll never make that mistake again.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, if it has to happen, glad we got Bailey back. He's going to make a real difference. That kid can play. I think our QBs are going to really like going to him. Security blanket type WR.

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
Great news. Now I just hope Tavon doesn't come back until he's 100%.

GO RAMS!!!!

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
The NFL had to loosen up their testing standards, otherwise every player that came into contact with the Seahawks would fail from a PED contact high.

RamBill

Legend
Stedman Bailey officially eligible to return
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/11818/stedman-bailey-officially-eligible-to-return

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- The St. Louis Rams began preparing for the imminent return of wide receiver Stedman Bailey on Monday when they released defensive tackle Matt Conrath to create a roster spot.

On Wednesday morning, the NFL announced the completion of a new policy on steroids and performance-enhancing substances, which made Bailey's return official just halfway through the original four-game punishment.

In the announcement released by NFL communications, Bailey is one of three players named as eligible to return to his team right away.

From the release:

Discipline of players for certain violations in the 2014 league year will be adjusted to reflect the new policy. Wes Welker of the Denver Broncos, Orlando Scandrick of the Dallas Cowboys and Stedman Bailey of the St. Louis Rams will be eligible to return to their teams this week.

Bailey was originally suspended four games on May 13 for violating the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing substances. He missed the team's first two games against Minnesota and Tampa Bay but wouldn't actually have been scheduled to return until after Week 5 because the team has a Week 4 bye. Now, he'll not only be back before the bye but have the opportunity to play this week against Dallas should the Rams opt to go that way.

We'll find out the extent of Rams coach Jeff Fisher's plans for Bailey for this week after practice later Wednesday, but it stands to reason he could be involved in the game plan given the way the Rams planned ahead for his return and Tavon Austin's sprained knee.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
Now do we need to release someone to make room for Bailey? Was Pettis one of the guys on the possible bump list ? Anyone out there that could help.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
(
Now do we need to release someone to make room for Bailey? Was Pettis one of the guys on the possible bump list ? Anyone out there that could help.

They've already waived conrath, DT.)

Man this is huge. On a side note, Dallas CB Schandrich has also been reinstated.

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
Pettis is going nowhere!! Only thing he does is catch everything thrown his way.

GO RAMS!!!!