St. Louis Rams LB Ogletree's Fast Start

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
[stl]7a010723-cd12-46e2-bf04-636036a75cc3[/stl]
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.stlouisrams.com/media-center/videos/St-Louis-Rams-LB-Ogletrees-Fast-Start/7a010723-cd12-46e2-bf04-636036a75cc3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.stlouisrams.com/media-center ... 6036a75cc3</a>

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This was a GOOD watch! Check it out, if you haven't.

Ogletree is still a little shy behind the camera, but he's come quite a way since draft day. He looks and sounds like a good kid... I am happy for him!

Dude has football instincts. You can't teach that!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Liking Ogletree!!!

Rams D leads league in forced fumbles! Wow, I didn't know that stat.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
CGI_Ram said:
This was a GOOD watch! Check it out, if you haven't.

Ogletree is still a little shy behind the camera, but he's come quite a way since draft day. He looks and sounds like a good kid... I am happy for him!

Dude has football instincts. You can't teach that!

Good kid. Plays his heart out on Sundays, keeps his ears open to coaching, and has respect for his peers. Looks like another steal for the Rams.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Said it before,IMO we hit gold with 'tree and may have reached seriously with the TA pick.THAT BTW is not a criticism , it's a confession I was front center for moving up to draft TA

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Thordaddy said:
Said it before,IMO we hit gold with 'tree and may have reached seriously with the TA pick.THAT BTW is not a criticism , it's a confession I was front center for moving up to draft TA

We'll find a way to get him the ball. He'll be fine.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
mr.stlouis said:
Thordaddy said:

I don't really doubt he becomes a weapon , I do doubt he'll warrant what we gave for him, JMO at this moment,if he becomes the weapon you envision or the one I envisioned yet this year which would mean on talent alone ,then I will say he was worth the move up. If he takes some time to develop and the payoff is late in the second or the third year,I'll say we overpaid,but the deal is done and I won't prosecute an ongoing "attitude" like I said AT THE TIME, I was ready to pay it and was glad we did,I guess what I'm saying is ,I could have been wrong.

jap

Legend
I wanna see Tavon on both KR's and PR's this weekend. Certainly, with the running game starting to click, they have to be preparing more effective ways of getting Tavon isolated in space. Again, with the running game ramping up, post plays to Givens, Jared, and Lance become viable options once more---to say nothing of Quick and Stedman Bailey.

iced

Thordaddy said:
mr.stlouis said:
Thordaddy said:

I don't really doubt he becomes a weapon , I do doubt he'll warrant what we gave for him, JMO at this moment,if he becomes the weapon you envision or the one I envisioned yet this year which would mean on talent alone ,then I will say he was worth the move up. If he takes some time to develop and the payoff is late in the second or the third year,I'll say we overpaid,but the deal is done and I won't prosecute an ongoing "attitude" like I said AT THE TIME, I was ready to pay it and was glad we did,I guess what I'm saying is ,I could have been wrong.

I don't. The problem I have with the logic "Oh we gave up a 1st and a 2nd to get him!" is that people tend to think draft picks and their value are universal.

Anyone think Alex Smith was worth a 2nd round pick? If you say no, I say "really?" - what QB would they get out of THAT draft in the 2nd round that would have the same impact as Smith.

Last year's draft was regarded as solid and deep, with very few consensus top 5/10 players that exhibit that splash player.. Austin was the closest thing to resembling that at the skill position.

I don't disagree with the move and I doubt I ever will when you consider the whole picture instead of 40% of it.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
iced said:
Thordaddy said:
mr.stlouis said:
Thordaddy said:

I don't. The problem I have with the logic "Oh we gave up a 1st and a 2nd to get him!" is that people tend to think draft picks and their value are universal.

Anyone think Alex Smith was worth a 2nd round pick? If you say no, I say "really?" - what QB would they get out of THAT draft in the 2nd round that would have the same impact as Smith.

Last year's draft was regarded as solid and deep, with very few consensus top 5/10 players that exhibit that splash player.. Austin was the closest thing to resembling that at the skill position.

I don't disagree with the move and I doubt I ever will when you consider the whole picture instead of 40% of it.

Don't know where you came up with the 40% figure nor conclude that someone elses analysis might not be as thorough as your's iced, I guess we could go into some WHO was there that we could have chosen or looked at who the Bills took with the picks EJ Manuel and Kiki Alonso who is leading all rookies in tackles and interceptions ( more than Ogletree)
We didn't need a Qb so whatever but still for what weve gotten so far it looks like "much" we gave ,too much ?, time will tell.