Squirrel Pie

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I rolfed (that a word?) when Bradshaw gave James Brown a squirrel pie, and told him to just "eat around the fur"

@Les Baker- where are you?

:rolllaugh:

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the like. For a minute there I thought I was wierd.

You confirmed it. :snicker: :huh:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
When skinning a squirrel it is inevitable that little hairs will get stuck to the meat because there is a thin gelatinous/fatty layer covering it that makes it impossible to wash off. So you just figure that it is cooked, so what's it gonna hurt?

Kinda like wild mushrooms. They cook much better if you keep them dry. Just brush as much of the dirt off as you can. The rest is seasoning.

I love scrapple and that has lots of pig parts in it, including skin, so on occassion you get a few hairs. It doesnt hurt you. And tastes great.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
S5jlGtP.jpg

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I was invited to stay for dinner at a friends house down the street when i was 10 yrs old. They served up some squirrel stew. As i began to consume it i remember thinking...that Purina in the dogs bowl sure looks good, maybe i can swap it out when no one's looking.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I am not a big fan of squirrel stew. Squirrel and Rabbits have this different flavor that is tough to explain. However pheasant and grouse is very good IMO. So is Canadian Goose.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Kittens are the best especially with rice. They are just like veal! :p

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I prefer basting my squirrel in a warm container...

RamzFanz

Damnit
The number one rule for wild game:

The way to get the gamey taste out of the meat is don't put it in.

RIP, Gerry, smartest country man I ever knew, and that's hard to do.