Squeaky Science: The Ultimate Beer Slushie

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Anonymous

The beer used was Natty Light in 12 oz. cans to reduce chilling time and because I'm a cheap bastard. Natty was taken from refrigerator at 42.3 F and put in a nearly full 14.9 F freezer for 1 hour 20 minutes and poured into a thick walled glass mug from the same freezer. Freezer door was briefly opened a few times during experiment.

A successful ultimate beer slushie:

1. Must pour quickly and completely.

2. Must consist of only slush from bottom to top immediately after pouring.

If your temps are higher than I listed give more time. Only use well chilled thick walled glass mug. Preferably use mug at least 25% more volume than beer used. Preferably a narrow opening mug too since the carbonation will be trapped within slushie causing it to erupt out of mug if not caught in time. Be prepared to take the top off two or three times in quick succession. Since carbonation is released quickly upon being warmed in the mouth.....swallowing then burping fast enough in order to take the next top off to repeat the procedure again is a skill of which to be proud.

Squeaky Lab- Bettering your world through Squeaky Science :tooth:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
squeaky wheel said:
The beer used was Natty Light in 12 oz. cans to reduce chilling time and because I'm a cheap bastard. Natty was taken from refrigerator at 42.3 F and put in a nearly full 14.9 F freezer for 1 hour 20 minutes and poured into a thick walled glass mug from the same freezer. Freezer door was briefly opened a few times during experiment.

If your temps are higher than I listed give more time. Only use well chilled thick walled glass mug. Preferably use mug at least 25% more volume than beer used. Preferably a narrow opening mug too since the carbonation will be trapped within slushie causing it to erupt out of mug if not caught in time. Be prepared to take the top off two or three times in quick succession. Since carbonation is released quickly upon being warmed in the mouth.....swallowing then burping fast enough in order to take the next top off to repeat the procedure again is a skill of which to be proud.

Sweet! I think I'll try that. Wonder if the process works with Budweiser...

:cheese:

Anonymous

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Memento said:
squeaky wheel said:

Sweet! I think I'll try that. Wonder if the process works with Budweiser...

:cheese:

The time should be closer with BL rather than Bud due to the lower sugar content.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I've accidentally created very nice Beer Slushies using Corona Lights. They come in their own frosted "glass" as an added bonus.

Corona Light is really the only beer I truly enjoy. But it has to be extremely cold for me to enjoy one fully. As a result, I often take a couple out of my already ice cold drink fridge in the garage, and even though they are already on the verge of freezing up in that fridge,,, I put them in the freezer for a short time prior to drinking for maximum cold... Many times I leave them in a little too long and the result is a Beer Slushie.

I drink way more beer when these Slushies are created... the rising slush must be consumed at the same rate as the rise requires. I had no idea others created these on purpose. It would require a certain amount of "science" to perfect. Thanks for listing your observations in time and temps, those should come in handy if I ever try and make these slushies in an effective manner.

Anonymous

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Selassie I said:
I've accidentally created very nice Beer Slushies using Corona Lights. They come in their own frosted "glass" as an added bonus.

Corona Light is really the only beer I truly enjoy. But it has to be extremely cold for me to enjoy one fully. As a result, I often take a couple out of my already ice cold drink fridge in the garage, and even though they are already on the verge of freezing up in that fridge,,, I put them in the freezer for a short time prior to drinking for maximum cold... Many times I leave them in a little too long and the result is a Beer Slushie.

I drink way more beer when these Slushies are created... the rising slush must be consumed at the same rate as the rise requires. I had no idea others created these on purpose. It would require a certain amount of "science" to perfect. Thanks for listing your observations in time and temps, those should come in handy if I ever try and make these slushies in an effective manner.

Thanks man. Now if only the Nobel Prize Committee would recognize this advancement of human knowledge. :sly: