Sportsed's Too Early Mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
Not going to take into account what we will do in FA in this draft, but post some thoughts about a few guys. I'd bring Britt back for the right price----less than $10 mil; keep Saffold (especially if we could restructure his contract), bring back Eisley and Cam Thomas. I think Tru and TJ Mc will leave, and I'd let Kendricks go as well.
Now.....onto the the picks
2nd round - Cordrea Tankersley CB - Clemson - 6' 0" - 200lbs
3rd round - Bucky Hodges - TE - Va Tech - 6' 7" - 245lbs - big, fast, excellent receiver, willing but not a
great blocker
4th round - Kevin King - CB/FS - Washington - 6'3" - 192lbs - good cover guy, smart, make plays, very good hands for a DB. Note: With Tru leaving, we need DB's bad; our depth last year was not good.
4th round - Kyle Fuller C/G - Baylor 6' 5" - 310lbs
5th round - Jon Toth C/G - Kentucky - 6' 5" - 308lbs (Toth may not last this long, but if he's anywhere near
here I'd try to move up to get him). I doubled-up here because of our poor interior ol play and
both Toth/Fuller can play G/C.
6th round - Jamari Staples - WR - Louisville - 6' 3" - 192lbs- good speed, good hands, catches the ball,
needs some work on sharpening his routes. Will be a better pro than college player.
6th round - Josh Toupu - NT/DT - Colorado - 6' 3" - 340lbs - run stuffer, quick, agile, not fast or won't sack
the qb, but will occupy blockers and is unmovable at the LOS
7th round - TBD

I didn't touch on all our needs.....some things can be fixed in FA like LT either a starter or backup depending on what Kromer can do with GRob. Would really like to sign WR Marcus Wheaton (shouldn't cost too much) as he would perform very well in McVay's system. Okay, that's enough, and besides, it's too early.....and things will surely change.​

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'm good with your 2'nd & first 4'th round picks, the remainder aren't really where i'd go. Keeping Cam Thomas doesn't make much sense to me either. Agree that we need multiple CB's and i'm good with sending Tru down the road. The biggest problem for me is adding 2 more late round OG's that add to our developmental depth but do nothing to add immediate starters for what is the weakest unit on our team. Your 6'th round NT is apparently a Cam Thomas clone, a big wide bodied run stuffer, but Philips prefers quick penetrating disrupters over those massive traditional NT's, I think Brockers is about as big as we're going to see under Wade. Would like to see how you intend to help Phillips with the 3/4 transition at DE & LB, and find more immediate quality starter help on the OL. While Kendricks could be improved upon, his replacement is more of a luxury pick imo, anyway, ... McVay singled him out in his introductory speech, so i'm guessing he gets another season. I'm not gonna mess with Saffold's CAP, the guy isn't really overpaid in my book, and he's taken a beating for this team. jmo.
Keepem coming ...