Sporting News: Report: NFL's allegedly illegal drug distribution has DEA's attention

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
You don't think they're equally to blame?

Ya gotta define best interest according to the values of those directly involved , I submit players who do steroids know the risks and take them to be able to make teams , pain killers enable them to play,I think players had some responsibility to ask for information and refuse certain treatment,they aren't completely innocent in the matter.
should i blame you for destroying your health by eating things that will kill you, like apples, bread, soy, beef, milk?

what, you don't know how bad these things are for us, and how the food industry has turned them into poisons.... shame on you. i should blame u for increasing my taxes via health insurance costs. (blue font)

Last edited:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I think that's a highly inflammatory term,I for one am just not ready to absolve them of all culpability.

I KNOW the league is going to get crucified,that will be the crucifixion, and because it's a big successful entity with deep pockets and won't come close to getting a jury of their piers ,they're gonna catch it in the shorts .
But the players had responsibilities to themselves and IMO should have gone to their union LONG ago and don't even tell me the F-ing union didn't KNOW.
the union and its leadership are pieces of shit.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
maturity is making the right choices plain and simple. stop making excuses for other people's poor judgement. once again don't try telling me a grown ass man with MANY years of sports experience doesn't know whats right and wrong what legal and not etc. jeez dude this argument is bordering on politics. Dont play the it's societies fault game. They can MAN UP and take responsibility for their own actions. They aren't 16 they dont need someone holding their hand. damn
tell me what do u eat on a daily basis and I'll tell u what diseases u are going to get. u want me show u your post again after you've contracted those diseases?

then we'll see how tough the talk is.

PhxRam

tell me what do u eat on a daily basis and I'll tell u what diseases u are going to get. u want me show u your post again after you've contracted those diseases?

I eat Chinese food with extra msg and tortillas made with lard..

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.

yes buddy I am very well aware of how criminally low our FDA standards are in this country compared to those in Europe (many US brands change ingredients to make them pass higher standards in Europe then put tar and styrofoam ingredients in our prepackaged crap). Thats why its a pain in the ass grocery shopping and I'm not rich so I cant go drop 500 bucks at an organic health food store. Im a personal trainer I know a decent amount about health. And thank you for making my exact point! these men know just as much if not more about health whether its food or drugs they're taking. is what the NFL doing right pushing it on them? NO. is it being shoved down their throats? NO. is it their responsibility to know what they are ingesting or taking? YES! and if they aren't sure if the team doctor is on the up and up they have plenty of second opinions they can ask for. now whats YOUR tough talk?

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
I eat Chinese food with extra msg and tortillas made with lard..
see YOU know what your'e eating lol. like Cypher once said while eating a juicy digital Matrix made steak, "You know what I've learned after all these years? Ignorance is bliss" .... but it could kill you.

PhxRam

see YOU know what your'e eating lol. like Cypher once said while eating a juicy digital Matrix made steak, "You know what I've learned after all these years? Ignorance is bliss" .... but it could kill you.

If I worried about all the things that have the potential to kill me I would probably die of starvation.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
yes buddy I am very well aware of how criminally low our FDA standards are in this country compared to those in Europe (many US brands change ingredients to make them pass higher standards in Europe then put tar and styrofoam ingredients in our prepackaged crap). Thats why its a pain in the ass grocery shopping and I'm not rich so I cant go drop 500 bucks at an organic health food store. Im a personal trainer I know a decent amount about health. And thank you for making my exact point! these men know just as much if not more about health whether its food or drugs they're taking. is what the NFL doing right pushing it on them? NO. is it being shoved down their throats? NO. is it their responsibility to know what they are ingesting or taking? YES! and if they aren't sure if the team doctor is on the up and up they have plenty of second opinions they can ask for. now whats YOUR tough talk?
my tough talk is that even the organic healthfood stores are rigged. You can't know the health risks unless ur a scientist, so putting these kind of expectations on young athletes is unfair.

How much of that soy protein powder do u consume, or advise ur trainees consume?

do u even know what ur consuming. I got $100 that says u don't.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
How can anyone defend the NFL's position on this, or, better yet, go after the Drug Enforcement Administration for taking them to task for it?

The NFL is dirty. Period. The NFL's success is built on a legacy of broken players and hidden injuries. Period. I love the game as much as the next guy, but sometimes sports leagues need to take their medicine (pardon the pun). How many Jason Taylor stories do we need to hear and read (link here), how many Junior Seaus do we need blowing a hole in their own chests to preserve their heads and brains for scientific studies, how many players with severe and chronic dementia need to go on radio and appear on Real Sports before we start holding culpable parties accountable?

Sounds like a truly american story, exploitating a sector of society that really can't defend itself.....most of these guys needed the money, and would do anything to play..

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
If I worried about all the things that have the potential to kill me I would probably die of starvation.
well, u could edumecate urself ;)

What is fed to the animals that produce the lard u eat? and I'll u if its a poison or healthy for u. Lard is actually a very healthy food, very rich in nutrients, which is why the FDA scares us off of it.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
maturity is making the right choices plain and simple. stop making excuses for other people's poor judgement. once again don't try telling me a grown ass man with MANY years of sports experience doesn't know whats right and wrong what legal and not etc. jeez dude this argument is bordering on politics. Dont play the it's societies fault game. They can MAN UP and take responsibility for their own actions. They aren't 16 they dont need someone holding their hand. damn
That's a lot of invective for one post. Are you sure you're not taking this personal?

I have my opinion, you have yours. Dude, chill.

PhxRam

What is fed to the animals that produce the lard u eat? and I'll u if its a poison or healthy for u. Lard is actually a very healthy food, very rich in nutrients, which is why the FDA scares us off of it.

I would hope the animals are fed the leftover Chinese food.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

When you are at the top of the food chain, you get the toxins all below you eat/assimilate, that's why shark meat aint good cu dey the top of dey foo chain.

Boat Ram

Recovering Lurker
see YOU know what your'e eating lol. like Cypher once said while eating a juicy digital Matrix made steak, "You know what I've learned after all these years? Ignorance is bliss" .... but it could kill you.[/QUOTE

Matrix reference, Nice!

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
When you are at the top of the food chain, you get the toxins all below you eat/assimilate, that's why shark meat aint good cu dey the top of dey foo chain.
sorry to let u in on a little secret, but the public aint at the top of the food chain, and we still get fed nutritionless poison masquarading as food.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
my tough talk is that even the organic healthfood stores are rigged. You can't know the health risks unless ur a scientist, so putting these kind of expectations on young athletes is unfair.

How much of that soy protein powder do u consume, or advise ur trainees consume?

do u even know what ur consuming. I got $100 that says u don't.
hahaha i dont advise soy protein. they dont need extra estrogen whey works just fine thanks.