Sparq Mock Draft 2.0

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
The parenthesis at the end is where these players graded within their positional group using Sparq guidelines. For example, Robert Davis, not a widely regarded WR, finished 1'st among all WR's in the analytical measurables department. Chuck Clark graded 2'nd of all the Safeties, Rollier graded 2'nd of the Centers, etc.

This new mock is to justifiably appease those concerned with not going early and often at a position of need which is also very deep in this draft, CB. Something had to give to make room, so I eliminated an OLB which will be explained, and also eliminated the NT/DT as I believe our back-up/reserve NT/DE arrived today via free agency (Tyrunn Walker).

2) TE - Davis Njoku, Mi. (4)
3) DE - Tanoh Kpassagnon, Vil. (1)
4a) CB - Sidney Jones, Wa. (15)
4b) WR - Kenny Golladay, N.I. (10)
5) CB - Shaquille Griffin, C.F. (3)
6a) C - Chase Roullier, WY. (2)
6b) FS - Chuck Clark, V.T. (2)
7) WR - Robert Davis, G.St. (1)

For the sake of this draft, I was assuming a free agent or traded for Center being on the roster, either a John Sullivan or Mangold (1 year contract) or Cameron Erving, or ... ?

Also for this Sparq draft, assume Tru Johnson back in his regular starting role.

For a 2017 starting WR opposite Woods, free agent Boldin on a 1 year contract. Will revisit WR with the 2018 1'st round draft pick.

I've added what I believe is another inexpensive free agent as an OLB/DE to make room for a drafted CB, ... yes, that being our old friend Chris Long, for what would be one more 1 year contract and an opportunity to retire as a Ram. With Chris back, maybe both he and dad could help mentor Howies fellow alumni, Tanoh Kpassagnon.

As most are aware, Sidney Jones was injured at the Combine and will likely miss the entire 2017 season, but his current draft stock will probably drop by a round or two, so he is an investment in the future, when TruJo is apt to leave thru free agency in 2018.

Njoku remains because I really want him, even it appears daily that his stock is rising higher and probably getting out our reach. jmo.

jmo.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
4a) CB - Sidney Jones, Wa. (15)
I'm a bit concerned about Cb - Sidney Jones's injury problem! I might slip CB - Ahkello Witherspoon - USC - in here. Great size and speed 4.45 - 40/ 132.2 Sparq score!!

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm a bit concerned about Cb - Sidney Jones's injury problem! I might slip CB - Ahkello Witherspoon - USC - in here. Great size and speed 4.45 - 40/ 132.2 Sparq score!!
If I thought he'd still be there, I would have. Don't see him getting past the middle of the 3'rd at the latest. jmo.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod

I said much the same things thing in one of Jrry's mocks. And I see Memento has just done something similar in her latest mock. I have the greatest respect for both those members ability to gauge talent so defer to them if they feel the talent is just too great ignore. It is a just really tough injury to comeback from. I have no doubt he will come back but it will take time. His 1st year back will most likely be well below his best. And correct me if I'm wrong but a rd 3 contract is 4 yrs? Just as he is hitting his straps again, we have to compete on the open market for him. I just wonder if we would get better value in another CB like Witherspoon. I like your thinking Dave.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I said much the same things thing in one of Jrry's mocks. And I see Memento has just done something similar in her latest mock. I have the greatest respect for both those members ability to gauge talent so defer to them if they feel the talent is just too great ignore. It is a just really tough injury to comeback from. I have no doubt he will come back but it will take time. His 1st year back will most likely be well below his best. And correct me if I'm wrong but a rd 3 contract is 4 yrs? Just as he is hitting his straps again, we have to compete on the open market for him. I just wonder if we would get better value in another CB like Witherspoon. I like your thinking Dave.

Problem is that I think Witherspoon is gone before you have to make a decision on Jones. Although, Howard Wilson would be an interesting comparison.