Something we ignore way too much is...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
...just how incredibly YOUNG this team really is.
It's actually pretty insane if you think about it.
We just beat the defending champs with the most significant contributions coming from rookies and second year players.
And they are everywhere you look. Hell even our "vets" are young.
It's the biggest story about our team and it deserves more attention imo.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Good point, I have a feeling this W is gonna build a freight-train worth of momentum the rest of the year!

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Good point, I have a feeling this W is gonna build a freight-train worth of momentum the rest of the year!

Defense just needs to get on track. At this point, I wish Jeff needs to reign in Greg a little bit.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Defense just needs to get on track. At this point, I wish Jeff needs to reign in Greg a little bit.
Straight up, but I don't see him doing what he did to Walton. He probably doesn't want Gregg to feel like he's stepping on his toes, but Gregg I promise it is okay to just send four, we can get pressure without blitzing is all that needs to be said.;)

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I don't think that aspect has been ignored at all over the past couple years. In fact, I think it is something that is getting a little tiresome hearing about...it's almost used as an excuse to undisciplined and poor performances. I'm hoping that Seattle win is what the young guys needed to se that they really can do it on the big stage and pull out victories because I think the talent is there.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
It has its pros and cons but right now we're not getting as much pro because they are young and learning.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Youth tends to have a problem during the early stages of their career. Even the Whiner players during Nolan and Singletarry's reign had a plethora of talent that couldn't get shit done in their youth. The building blocks come from experience and there will be growing pains especially with the roster turnover we've had.

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
I hate to keep thinking that next year will be our year; however, it becomes apparent that the Offense keeps getting better as the season progresses, leaving me hope for a late season run. At 2-4, crazier things have happened...

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
I hate to keep thinking that next year will be our year; however, it becomes apparent that the Offense keeps getting better as the season progresses, leaving me hope for a late season run. At 2-4, crazier things have happened...
Don't even go there man haha don't get your hopes up!

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Don't even go there man haha don't get your hopes up!
Why the heck not?! We've shown that, without stupid penalties and bad officiating, we can play with anyone in the league. Nearly every year there is a surprise team that makes some noise in the playoffs. What not us?!

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Why the heck not?! We've shown that, without stupid penalties and bad officiating, we can play with anyone in the league. Nearly every year there is a surprise team that makes some noise in the playoffs. What not us?!

Honestly mate, i hate to see you do this to yourself haha

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Just call me...

upload_2014-10-22_16-18-44.jpeg

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
...just how incredibly YOUNG this team really is.
It's actually pretty insane if you think about it.
We just beat the defending champs with the most significant contributions coming from rookies and second year players.
And they are everywhere you look. Hell even our "vets" are young.
It's the biggest story about our team and it deserves more attention imo.

It got so much younger when we put in Greg Robinson and Tre Mason too. They're both real young players even for rookies. Tre Mason just turned 21 in August. Greg Robinson turned 22 yesterday.

A55VA6

Legend
Young team, and 1st year under a new and complicated defense. Can only hope these guys grow up quick and learn fast.

RamWoodie

Legend
Some may ignore it, but I don't. If the Rams can have this thing come together on this stretch of games, it really serves them well as a team.

They need to get Stacy, Johnson and Long back and just keep improving! I knew Stacy wasn't right...and I'm kind of puzzled why they just didn't hold him out.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
That's very true, we do have a lot of young talent. I'm not as down on the young guys when they make mistakes, I chalk it up to growing pains.

The ones that really bother me are when vets like Wells cause snap-fumbles, or when Jake Long whiffs badly on a block and allows a QB sack/fumble/TD while not making much effort to prevent the same.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

I'm not going to get my hopes up for the playoffs, but I think the bolded portion is right on.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is true, and I do love how good this rookie class in particular looks.

But what annoys me a bit is that Fish talks about how a player's greatest improvement is usually shown in his second year, however each of these draft classes have not seen that happen for the most part.

The first draft, for example, they leaned on a running back in DRich who got the job done but wasn't a long term answer. Jenks wasn't markedly better his second year, he was arguably better his rookie season even with his gaffs because of the big plays of his that actually helped that team win a couple more games than they should have. Brockers did play better last year, but now he's looking like just a guy. And so on and so forth, even with last year's draft class.

Just seems to me that the first year showing isn't always translating into long term success. That's my complaint right now. It could mean that they didn't hit in the draft and the coaching got the most from them, only to go to the new class the next year, for example. But at some point to be a winning team you want to depend on those picks as they become veterans.

Which means being the youngest team in the league every year is a bad thing, from where I'm sitting.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
One game at a time, one quarter at a time, one possession at a time, one play at a time!!!!!!!! JUST WIN BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion

I agree with you. In the past, in Linehan and Spags era's, we couldn't be a team. Things seem so much more tangible now. We can see a great team somewhere hidden beneath the mistakes of this team. And I would always choose to end the season hot then begin it hot. This team seems so close to putting it together. But it is like a 3D puzzle, where you need to get the right pieces before you start to lose your grip on the other pieces around it so that it can stay together.