Some concerning player quotes...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
This is from TST but is straight up quotes from some players.

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2017/1...ms-news-links-1-3-exit-interviews-sean-payton

Jamon Brown

Rams guard Jamon Brown wants to see the offensive line and Todd Gurley get on the same page. "A lot of times you could see where it just seemed like we were on different pages. I don't know if that's being coached differently. How it's being conveyed in each room, we don't know. The big thing is we have to get back on the same page, because when we're on the same page, we're pretty damn good."

TJ McDonald

Rams safety TJ McDonald, a pending free agent, was asked if he believes this team can eventually win consistently. "A lot of things need to change."

Brown's quote is weird to me. I know they have position meetings and different coaches but you'd think they'd have game plan meetings with the offense as a whole to make sure they are all on the same page. The thought that each position group is being coached and told what to do completely away from the rest of the offense seems like a poor decision to me. Which would make sense why the entire offense never seemed to be in sync or together on anything.

McDonald's quote shows that changes will need to be very apparent if the front office wants any hope of signing some of our free agents. But that's probably a no brainer.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
It'll be interesting to hear what some players will say , once they are no longer with the team

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Brown's quote is weird to me. I know they have position meetings and different coaches but you'd think they'd have game plan meetings with the offense as a whole to make sure they are all on the same page. The thought that each position group is being coached and told what to do completely away from the rest of the offense seems like a poor decision to me. Which would make sense why the entire offense never seemed to be in sync or together on anything.

It wouldn't surprise me if they were coached that way, given the massive cluster fornication that our offense was this year.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
They could have had group meetings and then walkthrus on the field to put the plan in, that wouldn't seem all that unusual to me. Whatever it was it did not work.

I hate the current CBA and think the downward spiral for execution across the NFL is due impart to that. You play like you practice and if it is soft you'll play soft. I'm all for protecting players from bad injuries but I still feel like if they practice harder and hit during practice there are fewer injuries in games. It used to be a man's game, quit turning it into the CFL.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Really doesn't matter what they say now... Fisher is gone and the staff is being dismantled.

Here's the thing:
For far too many years, I've read how upset the players are with the constant losing. They always say the right things.

What's going to matter is what's in their hearts... not what comes out of their mouths.

Whoever the Rams select, that person has to have the ability see into their hearts... so to speak... be able to know if it's just words... or if they really feel it.

We've heard words for years now... me? I don't know who really cares and who doesn't... but that's job one for the new HC.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I think there's a purge coming. Culture needs to change from the top down. I'm sure it'll be another deal where the 2018 roster will be night and day from 2016 roster

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Clearly a lot of things need to change and we all knew it, and even Demoff knew it eventually, although it probably took Kroenke in his @$$ to get him to see it. And I say that because he seemed to be defending Fish right up to the end and even deflected a bit when talking about the entire organization failing. Which I agree with, just thought he was too nice in his comments re: Fish.

But either way any time you lose you're gonna get a lot of that stuff tbh. You're gonna have finger pointing, and this time it's by some of the players who were part of the problem. I mean I find it pretty funny that they even put a microphone in GRob's face, let alone his comments that he did the best in his opportunities or whatever. TJ is gone, because what he offers Alexander is better at, and they still need better depth at the position anyway so no reason to pay him. Saffold same deal, the dude played like dog $#!t all season for the most part.

So for me it's not a surprise to hear the comments. And I do think they show Fish was too easy on them. But I also think they don't see the big picture on offense, I don't think they realize how poorly coordinated the offense was, either that or they don't want to come out and say it. So whatever.

Can't wait until they get a new guy in here to put some foot in their @$$es, either way. It is sorely needed.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
This is from TST but is straight up quotes from some players.

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2017/1...ms-news-links-1-3-exit-interviews-sean-payton

Jamon Brown

Rams guard Jamon Brown wants to see the offensive line and Todd Gurley get on the same page. "A lot of times you could see where it just seemed like we were on different pages. I don't know if that's being coached differently. How it's being conveyed in each room, we don't know. The big thing is we have to get back on the same page, because when we're on the same page, we're pretty damn good."

TJ McDonald

Rams safety TJ McDonald, a pending free agent, was asked if he believes this team can eventually win consistently. "A lot of things need to change."

McDonald's quote shows that changes will need to be very apparent if the front office wants any hope of signing some of our free agents. But that's probably a no brainer.

I really think SKIP PEETE played a big part in how poorly the RB's played. No one ever seems to talk about the coaching changes.
Not sure what part the WR's coach played in the Offensive side of the ball ??

Last season Tavon Austin & Gurley would be in motion a lot more. Tavon was electric. Once again another TD gets called back on him.He needs to be more of a decoy --It really opened up running lanes.

I just think Boras did such a better job when he took over the last 4 games of the season in 2015.

Greg Robinson was complaining about teams liadeding the box. He needs to man up & hit someone. He also stated not being on same page with coaches.Felt they treated him poorly. I sure he is ready for a coaching change.
---Look back at Fisher sitting him off 48 man & Saffold getting hurt.He also had 50 friends in the stands.Weather he was having to much family time or not.He was The Number 2 pick in The 2014 draft !!! You can't sell him out like that. I really think that is when he lost The Ram Players. He Put The Blame on Robinson with that move ?? Wonder if that was a shot at Les Snead ???

-- Who was the one to draft Greg Robinson ?? Fisher said it was his choice to draft Jared Goff after he left ??

--Snead & Fisher were really open before the start of this season ?? Hard Knocks seemed to change there Vibe ?? Was it the move to LA ?? Some questions without answers.There is a lot of parts & pieces to this failure of an organization(franchise) !!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
---Look back at Fisher sitting him off 48 man & Saffold getting hurt.He also had 50 friends in the stands.Weather he was having to much family time or not.He was The Number 2 pick in The 2014 draft !!! You can't sell him out like that.

I can't for the life of me understand how you could arrive at that conclusion.

GRob should have been benched well before that game. He should have had to work his way back up the roster, regardless of his ability. It would demonstrate accountability for playing poorly. But they waited way too long to do that. And then even after they finally benched him they put him right back in which was also a mistake. And lastly they failed to hold any of several pass catchers accountable for their drops and continued route running mistakes, all of which were just as much a problem as GRob's penalties.

Also I'll add that there have been fans posting about seeing the staff losing their minds with GRob throughout the season on the sidelines after his numerous mistakes. They were at wits' end with him, but still nothing had been done.

No. This thing was rotten from the top. From way back, camp on. And GRob finally getting what he deserved was not a mistake, the mistake was waiting that long and then inserting him back in the lineup so quickly.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

GRob should have been benched well before that game. He should have had to work his way back up the roster, regardless of his ability. It would demonstrate accountability for playing poorly. But they waited way too long to do that. And then even after they finally benched him they put him right back in which was also a mistake. And lastly they failed to hold any of several pass catchers accountable for their drops and continued route running mistakes, all of which were just as much a problem as GRob's penalties.

Also I'll add that there have been fans posting about seeing the staff losing their minds with GRob throughout the season on the sidelines after his numerous mistakes. They were at wits' end with him, but still nothing had been done.

No. This thing was rotten from the top. From way back, camp on. And GRob finally getting what he deserved was not a mistake, the mistake was waiting that long and then inserting him back in the lineup so quickly.

Well make him sit on the bench with uniform then !!! Why do it then !!! Look back at when the ship totally sunk !!

--btw you bring up good points.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
This whole "kicking our existing culture in the teeth" thing is why I do not want a guy like McDaniels or Shanahan here. Too young and not enough success as LEADERS of men. Are they great offensive minds? Absolutely, but it is going to take A LOT more than an offensive genius to fix our team. We need a leader of men to come in here, set the tone, a new, win-only-is-the-acceptable tone. That's why guys like Payton or Gruden are who I'm personally rooting for. Guys who have done it on a HC level as well accountability level. There is tons of footage of these guys showing serious passion and dedication to the details of the craft. That's what I want.

Guys like McDaniels and Shanahan scare me because I think their respective egos and youth will hinder their ability to motivate. Look what happens with McDaniels, the dude imploded as soon as there was slight dysfunction. Read upon the Shanahan stories too, he's not the most mature guy you'll find on any given staff.

Get me a general, a leader of men, with the ability to design successful offense schemes, or at least able to recruit a competent coordinator for our offense. Payton or Gruden please.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I've been reading, watching (videos) hearing these kinds of things for some time now.
This team has a real problem with culture.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hard to believe there is a perennial losing team that has a "good culture"
I don't think the culture created the losing but I am certain the losing had an adverse effect on the culture

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Above @So_Ram mentioned Skip Peete. That is a coaches name that I don't see much complaining about however he could be a major problem - along with the whole offense.

The one thing that stood out about Peete to me was a quote from Gurley in the offseason/Hard Knocks. Gurley said that he enjoyed Skip because he didn't tell him how to do his job. He wanted me to feel comfortable with my vision. (something along those lines).

Ram65

Legend
Jamon Brown

I don't think everyone on the offense was reading the same play book!

The Rams need to reboot the entire organization mind set!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No surprise that this was a dysfunctional situation.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I disagree. The OL didn't get better with Greg's benching. If we were benching OLs for bad play, we should have had 5 new starters by Week 15. Greg got singled out, but the same problems persisted. It's not like our OL looked any less incompetent at picking up stunts when Greg was out of the game.