So what did you think of our draft?(Take the poll)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So what did you think of our draft?

• Great

Votes: 49 23.8%
  • Good

Votes: 122 59.2%
  • Average

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Poor

Votes: 8 3.9%
  • WTH?

Votes: 8 3.9%

• Total voters

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Of the 4 OL they drafted I think Havenstein will push hard to start. Regardless of whether they bring Barks back I think the kid is just as good as him in pass pro and better than him in the running game. Difference is that Rob "The Body" H-Stein will improve week to week. Rams need to get him a mouthpiece that resembles the metal teeth that James Bond villain had in the 80's...

…..

Legend
I voted "WTH?" because the draft exposed me and my lack of knowledge about these players beyond the 2nd round graders. After day one I spent the rest of the draft scratching my head.

I honestly dont know what to think about our new players. The way our folks handled the draft and made thier decisions seems sound, I was impressed with that aspect. Going BPA in round one and resisting the urge to reach for a need landed us a potential rare player. (A+) Then using the entire rest of the draft to shoot straight darts at our core need was great to see.

It will be interesting to see the plan unfold, I expect some growing pains with such a young line. Another vet to mentor and help with the youth might be needed. Boudreau will need to pull a rabbit out of his hat this year.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

well this guy from nfl.com gave the rams an average grade.

St. Louis Rams
Draft pick: RB Todd Gurley(No. 10 overall), OL Rob Havenstein (No. 57 overall), OL Jamon Brown (No. 72 overall), QBSean Mannion (No. 89 overall), OLAndrew Donnal (No. 119 overall), WRBud Sasser (No. 201 overall), OL Cody Wichmann (No. 215 overall), LB Bryce Hager (No. 224 overall), DE Martin Ifedi(No. 227 overall)
Day 1 grade: A
Day 2 grade: B+
Day 3 grade: C-
Overall grade: C+
The skinny: As Hall of Famer Marshall Faulk said during NFL Network's broadcast of the draft, Gurley is the whole package at running back and should give the Rams' ground game a huge boost when he gets on the field. Yes, the medical issue will be in the back of everybody's mind, but the Rams landed one of the best tailback prospects to come into the league since Adrian Peterson. Havenstein should set up shop at right tackle, and Brown gives the Rams a solid run blocker. A lot of folks around the league liked Mannion's potential, and he found a good spot in St. Louis. The Rams had a very good seventh round to salvage an iffy third day.

Bottom line: Seems pretty clear that Jeff Fisher's plan is to just run over everybody in the league. The team's seventh round might have produced better picks than all but its first one in Gurley.

i gave them a great grade. went oline heavy with the type of olinemen they want. got maybe the best rb to come out since adp. what's not to like. we all pretty much agreed all the rams needed was an oline, a qb to remain standing and a running game which overpowers the opposition. all boxes ticked, in terms of going after what they want. now it's up to them to make the players get it.

RobertWinn

UDFA
Name
David
I like it. We picked up a 2nd next year in the Foles trade, beefed up the o-line, and got the most talented player in the draft.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I liked the draft.

Gurley was the best player available in the entire draft, IMO, and I'm thrilled the Rams had the balls to make the selection.

I like that the OLine selections are finishers and maulers and fit what the team plans to do. IMO, they have Paul Boudreau written all over them with most reminding me of the Falcons OLinemen from years back when Michael "The Burner" Turner and the Falcons were running the ball down team's throats.

While I wasn't really high on most of the QBs in this draft class I preferred Mannion. He's the most pro ready of the group which is important due to the limited practice time teams have now and he will have as a backup. And like Foles he shouldn't have any problems being able to see Tavon due to his height.:)

The rest seem like solid hard working prospects who also fit what the team is trying to build.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was just watching ESPN and the Rams are in the running for the vote of who won the 2015 draft! Someone thinks we did pretty good.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Yeah, it's ridiculous to pontificate about these picks until a few years down the line but just for giggles...

Personally I'm thrilled that we addressed the O-line, our weakest position, so there are no complaints there. I trust Fisher, Snead, and the scouts that they know what they're doing, and that Boudreau will coach them up. But then again I'm a Kool-Aid drinker. :)

So what did you think?

I just look how we rebuilt our OL after the Gurley pick, w/ Rob Havenstein whom reminds me of an Jon Ruyan type RT who will get a good push and be a blue collar RT, and my favourite OL pick was Jamon Brown who could be our new LG (if we don't sign Blaylock or other vet FA) Looks like a steal too me, a OT moved inside who can maul you and get to the second level. Will be a solid pulling OG it appears to me.
We will punch you in the mouth then run over you, so just stay down you son of a bitch! :cautious:

EDIT:

both Rob H & J Brown started a ton of games so there as pro ready as one could be for their draft slot. They said you could get a ton of starting OL in rds 2-4 so mission accomplished. Also with how the Rams went looking to find players that fix their system they did an excellent job it looks on paper

Mannion could surprise in 2-3 years down the road, but i think he's the back up and we resign Foles or move heaven and earth in the 2016 draft to get our franchise QB which looks like a 50/50 proposition currently...:coffee:

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Over-all I'd say they where a little Lite as far as Offensive picks went!!:giggle::snicker::liar::D

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I have to give them an average. I felt they could have been a little quicker getting the names into Goodell. I dunno it just came off as lazy to me. And not to be overly picky but in the press conference Sneads hair wasn't really up to the level we would expect. A little on the greasy side. To me that's a sign of complacency for sure. Maybe someone is getting to comfortable with their job perhaps?

That just outstanding, I will drink to that...LMAO

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
100percent-unimpressed.jpg

Not their best draft.

-Grumpy32

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
I voted good.

I especially like the subtlety involved in the o line picks as it leaves our opponents questioning how we're going to play.

Seriously though, I suddenly feel much more relaxed going forward. The o line was a real concern and I was worried that Fisher was trying to be too clever but he's gone and selected a bunch of bruisers who won't be pushed around. I like it.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
I was initially unsure but after thinking about it they're finally cashing in on the run first philosophy Fisher's been preaching for years. At least a few of these lineman will pan out as starters with hope of a veteran siging . This Rams team could be a version of the Steelers during they're last Super Bowl runs. Big QB plays action pass run game with a hard hitting top 10 defense.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
I'm looking forward to seeing how the o line battle shapes up during camp and pre season. This will be by far the most interesting thing to watch because pretty much everything else is set.

Debacled

Starter
The linemen they grabbed make me a bit nervous. If we ever get into must-pass situations I cannot say I am comfortable with their ability to pass block, They better be as good as running the ball as they think they'll be or the offense may again be in trouble.

I did notice something about this draft, dunno if it was just me or did the depth feel kind of shallow? After the first day and a few names dropped on the 2nd I was nearly completely lost. Not just with our own picks, but just about every other teams as well.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I am glad we drafted a bunch of Oline guys, but are any of these guys really going to be good? That remains to be seen.

Killgasm

Starter
Name
Alex
Great! I liked that the Rams actually drafted real nasty football players for once.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Great.

I love the identity we're forming. This is the 1970's Rams teams all over again, which are the teams of my childhood at the Coliseum.
I have longed for this identity as a team. I remember when the Rams would straight beat the crap out of their opponents, I hope we are dominant like that once again.
The GSOT was insane fun, but if I had my way we would bludgeon our way to a Lombardi....