Snapshots From Camp - July 27 2014

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhxRam

Another lucky day in terms of weather, sunny and 90 with a strong breeze. Probably the biggest turnout today so far in terms of fans.

001.jpg

The offensive line runs the three step drill, universal to linemen from the ages of 9 to 99.

002.jpg

RB Zac Stacy warms up.

003.jpg

RB Benny Cunningham gets ready.

004.jpg

10 yard sprints...well, maybe a light jog is the better way to phrase it.

005.jpg

HC Jeff Fisher walks the ranks as the guys stretch out.

006.jpg

PK Greg Zuerlein kicks a field goal.

- Greg Robinson swapped inside today to LG, moving Saffold outside to tackle.

- CB Trumaine Johnson did not dress at all for the second day.

- Williams has the defense doing all of their drills on the middle field where its very difficult to see what's going on until the units come together later in practice, hence more focus on the offense in these reports so far.

008.jpg

A rep for RB Trey Watts.

009.jpg

WR Brian Quick looks it in.

010.jpg

WR Stedman Bailey lowers to grab the pass.

011.jpg

WR Austin Pettis takes his turn.

013.jpg

Bailey can't get ahold of an overthrow.

014.jpg

Now suddenly everyone has the dropsies.

015.jpg

WR Tavon Austin turns and waits for the ball.

016.jpg

WR Austin Franklin can't quite get high enough.

017.jpg

WR Kenny Britt snags it.

019.jpg

Pettis takes off against DB Lamarcus Joyner...

020.jpg

...Joyner allows a little bit of separation but stays on his hip...

021.jpg

...he turns and locates the ball...

022.jpg

...elevates to redirect it...

023.jpg

...just enough to make Pettis miss.

- By the way, GT Ball's position in camp this year is new...the defensive backs hold onto them in one on one drills, presumably to keep themselves from grabbing at the receiver. New one to me, never saw that before.

- In general, I feel like the safeties and linebackers are doing very well in coverage so far, but I'm a little worried about the corners.

024.jpg

TE Lance Kendrick makes a rolling catch.

025.jpg

WR Chris Givens gets a little coaching off to the side.

026.jpg

COO Kevin Demoff.

027.jpg

FB Cory Harkey tries to make the play while giving CB Darren Woodard a piggy back ride.

029.jpg

Quick was everywhere today.

030.jpg

LG Greg Robinson seals the inside on DT Michael Brockers while LT Rodger Saffold tries to open the 3 hole.

031.jpg

RB Zac Stacy makes a nifty cutback as he reaches the second level.

032.jpg

QB Shaun Hill calls the cadence.

033.jpg

Hill finds WR Emory Blake on the slant.

034.jpg

Bam Bam finds the hole.

- 11 on 11 series, 1st string: Stacy runs left for no gain; Quick runs a short flag along the sideline, bursts past everyone for a touchdown; Stacy weaves through traffic, cuts back on the safeties, and gains 23; Bradford hits Cook dragging short across the middle for 3.

- 11 on 11 series, 2nd string: Mason to the 1 hole for a short gain; swing pass to Cunnningham for 12; quick out to Bayer left for 10 more.

- 11 on 11 series, 1st string take 2: bubble screen to Tavon for 9; Britt goes in motion, Bradford hits him in the flat for 2; Bam Bam to the 2 hole for 4; Austin loses 2 on a reverse.

- 11 on 11 series, 2nd string: Austin lines up at tailback and sweeps left for 14; Pead makes something out of nothing through the 4 hole for 3; Givens runs a counter reverse to the right for 8.

035.jpg

RB Isaiah Pead steps out to pass protect against LB Phillip Steward.

036.jpg

Seems like the TE's were giving a lot of free rides to defenders today.

038.jpg

P Johnny Hekker kicks it away.

039.jpg

Austin receives it.

040.jpg

2nd and 6 in the red zone.

041.jpg

Quinn looks as good this year as he did last.

042.jpg

Rams legend and indirect reason this website exists, Kurt Warner, watching the action with GM Les Snead.

043.jpg

Bradford threads the needle to Givens.

- In the first period of red zone action, the 1st and 2nd unit defenses pitched a shut out.

- No one else but Austin has fielded a single punt so far in camp.

044.jpg

RB Tre Mason follows the pull by RG Demetrius Rhaney.

045.jpg

Givens and S Avery Cunningham go heads up for the pass.

046.jpg

Bradford finds Quick again, this time vs. CB Janoris Jenkins.

047.jpg

WR Kenny Britt fools no one on the end around.

048.jpg

Fellow defenders react on the sidelines as S Matt Daniels "accidentally" lays the hammer down on Pead.

049.jpg

Guess who?

050.jpg

WR Emory Blake gets blown up.

http://www.realramsfans.com/viewtopic.php?t=82408&sid=6488d38985495109ea4d4e5b99dc1ac3

Alan

Legend
Those are some really great pictures. I sure would like to hear some positive news about JJ.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
One of the not so obvious things that sticks out to me in some of these shots is the large number of fans that are in attendance. I love seeing that.

Being a out of town fan like me,,, sometimes I am amazed when I see a large number of Ram Fans. There are many times when I wonder if there really are "others" out there.

I'm very envious of all the fans who live close enough to go. Great to see such tremendous support!

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Being there yesterday, I was incredibly impressed with Quick. He looks awesome. I didn't like what I saw in Jenkins. Don't know if he's not giving it his all, but he was getting beat routinely. I love Kenny Britt. He is the most encouraging guy on the field. Funny, gives it to the defense, talking trash, really looks like he has taken Quick under his wings. Also impressed with Joyner. The kid can play. He's a lot smaller than I thought, but he's feisty. He and Quick were going at it towards the end of practice - a little shoving. I can see this guy being incredibly disruptive and an agitator to opposing offenses. I thought Bradford looked good. Good accuracy on most of his balls, especially deep ball to Quick that beat Jenkins.

PhxRam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Being there yesterday, I was incredibly impressed with Quick. He looks awesome. I didn't like what I saw in Jenkins. Don't know if he's not giving it his all, but he was getting beat routinely. I love Kenny Britt. He is the most encouraging guy on the field. Funny, gives it to the defense, talking trash, really looks like he has taken Quick under his wings. Also impressed with Joyner. The kid can play. He's a lot smaller than I thought, but he's feisty. He and Quick were going at it towards the end of practice - a little shoving. I can see this guy being incredibly disruptive and an agitator to opposing offenses. I thought Bradford looked good. Good accuracy on most of his balls, especially deep ball to Quick that beat Jenkins.

Do you know if Britt was known for this positive attitude/encouragement before?

By the sounds of it, his mentoring of Quick is just what the Dr ordered.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
I really don't know... but you can tell he's different than anyone else out there. He is having fun and talking a lot. I heard Quinn doing a lot of that during the defensive line drills. He was giving Michael Sam a hard time on one drill...

classicpony

Starter
Name
Jim
I know there having a good time out there when they talk a little smack @ each other, that gets the juices rolling...