Should we pick up Jonathan Martin?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Hell no, I doubt he even gets signed by anyone with that bullshit in MIA and how bad his play has been.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
stupid.gif

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
OTOH- I'd take Cogs in a heartbeat.

ausmurp

Starter
Let's not jump the gun here. He was a 1st rd pick right? Don't you all think he would be better than most of our backups?? I do.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
From what I read, he was under some "sick" verbal harassment. It's my understanding that Incognito threatened the lives of his family (real or not, it is not okay). In my opinion, there's no room for bullying anywhere. And I'm happy to physically fight people over it. I recognize the hypocrisy. Well guess what, we're all hypocrites about something. And I'm fine being a hypocrite about this.

If he can play, I wouldn't mind the Rams looking at him. I think our locker room leadership is far better than what was in Miami. Incognito has always been a cancer. I can't wait for the day when he's done playing and gets thrown in jail for one of his BS.

What Martin pulled in Miami was weak. He disrupted the whole team doing what he did. I wouldn't want someone like that on my team. Who knows what might set him off next time. And everything I read Incognito thought he was his friend and could handle ribbing. Instead of dealing with it privately he went national media and made it a big deal. If this was women's sports I could see it.

WestCoastRam

Legend
What Martin pulled in Miami was weak. He disrupted the whole team doing what he did. I wouldn't want someone like that on my team. Who knows what might set him off next time. And everything I read Incognito thought he was his friend and could handle ribbing. Instead of dealing with it privately he went national media and made it a big deal. If this was women's sports I could see it.

You have a good point that it might not be worth having him on our team given the disruption it could cause if something like this happened again. I feel the rest of your comment was unnecessary and misogynistic.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Martin was claimed on waivers by the Panthers. Rams could have claimed him before the Panthers.

I find it interesting that a team that may had have an OL that is the same level as the the Ram's, claimed him and we did not.

I would have rolled the dice... he is young, $1 M contract with no guarantees and has started 32 games. Bring him in, he is better than all of or P squad and several if not all of OL except GROB and Saffold.

Just think we missed an opportunity to EXPLORE at worst a depth player and best a rotation tackle.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Martin was claimed on waivers by the Panthers. Rams could have claimed him before the Panthers.

I find it interesting that a team that may had have an OL that is the same level as the the Ram's, claimed him and we did not.

I would have rolled the dice... he is young, $1 M contract with no guarantees and has started 32 games. Bring him in, he is better than all of or P squad and several if not all of OL except GROB and Saffold.

Just think we missed an opportunity to EXPLORE at worst a depth player and best a rotation tackle.
Simpler answer, he is a better fit in a zone blocking scheme which we don't run.