Senior Bowl

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
https://www.seniorbowl.com/

Anyone else geeked about this?

@Memphis Ram I remember back in the day you would be all over this

Rosters announced today I think.
Hoping the QB's all shine, the more QB taken before #23, the better chance we get for a player to slip

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Oh yeah I'm always geeked for this, the way Phil Savage has it set up for one-on-one drills for the scouts to see guys mix it up is great.

Last year focused a lot on the WRs. This year it's gonna be CB & OLB mostly. I'm sure Snead will snap up a dev OT somewhere in the draft but I want to focus in on the rush and coverage types. Watching as many of those types' film as I can now so I have a feel for the ones going first half of the draft at least, but yeah the practices are gonna be fun.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
@jakebogen95 at the Senior Bowl try to get a look at Left Offensive Tackle Brandon Parker North Carolina A&T.

A top of NFL prospect, the 2017 preseason accolades poured in … Earned STATS first-team All-American honors after the 2016 season … Earned his second straight MEAC Offensive Lineman of the Year award … Also earned his second straight Black College Football All-American honor from the American Urban Radio Networks … He is a three-time All-MEAC selection, twice being named first-team all-conference … Behind Parker the Aggies have the MEAC’s No. 1 rushing offense for three straight seasons … In 2017, the Aggies ranked No. 1 in the conference in 3rd down conversion, total first downs, rushing offense, scoring offense, fewest tackles for loss allowed, fewest sacks allowed and total offense … Has never surrendered a sack in his career … Enters his fourth straight season as the Aggies starting left tackle … Has only been called for four penalties in his career … Has played in 35 straight games with 35 straight starts … Was the first Aggie to win MEAC Offensive Lineman of the Year since Qasim Mitchell did it in 2001 … He and Mitchell are the only two linemen in program history to win the honor from the MEAC … Has good speed, good length and plays hard on each down … Has the longest reach on the team at 107 ½ inches … Has gotten stronger and increased his weight during his time at N.C. A&T … Can bench press 225 pounds 20 times in one set … Improved his bench press max from 340 to 360 pounds … Also has a squat max of 510 pounds … Came to N.C. A&T with a talented class that also included record-breaking players such as Tarik Cohen, Denzel Keyes and Cody Jones … His sister Jasmine played for the Aggies women’s basketball team ... Has started all 36 games played.

http://www.ncataggies.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=24500&ATCLID=208856860

parker-400x400.jpg

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
@jakebogen95 at the Senior Bowl try to get a look at Left Offensive Tackle Brandon Parker North Carolina A&T.

A top of NFL prospect, the 2017 preseason accolades poured in … Earned STATS first-team All-American honors after the 2016 season … Earned his second straight MEAC Offensive Lineman of the Year award … Also earned his second straight Black College Football All-American honor from the American Urban Radio Networks … He is a three-time All-MEAC selection, twice being named first-team all-conference … Behind Parker the Aggies have the MEAC’s No. 1 rushing offense for three straight seasons … In 2017, the Aggies ranked No. 1 in the conference in 3rd down conversion, total first downs, rushing offense, scoring offense, fewest tackles for loss allowed, fewest sacks allowed and total offense … Has never surrendered a sack in his career … Enters his fourth straight season as the Aggies starting left tackle … Has only been called for four penalties in his career … Has played in 35 straight games with 35 straight starts … Was the first Aggie to win MEAC Offensive Lineman of the Year since Qasim Mitchell did it in 2001 … He and Mitchell are the only two linemen in program history to win the honor from the MEAC … Has good speed, good length and plays hard on each down … Has the longest reach on the team at 107 ½ inches … Has gotten stronger and increased his weight during his time at N.C. A&T … Can bench press 225 pounds 20 times in one set … Improved his bench press max from 340 to 360 pounds … Also has a squat max of 510 pounds … Came to N.C. A&T with a talented class that also included record-breaking players such as Tarik Cohen, Denzel Keyes and Cody Jones … His sister Jasmine played for the Aggies women’s basketball team ... Has started all 36 games played.

parker-400x400.jpg
He flashed big time when watching Tarik Cohen tape last year. I definitely will.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'll be interested to hear Jake's take on the Humboldt St. LT Alex Cappa.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

parker-400x400.jpg

I like him and I like Capps. Really curious to see how they do both with good size and played well vs competition.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In the past, I would have watched the practices. Now that I have to be an adult, I'm going to be in trial. Y'all will have to keep me up to date on what's happening.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm going to be in trial. Y'all will have to keep me up to date on what's happening.

My condolences to the attorney(s) on the other side blow them off the line of scrimmage counselor and I'm sure there will be plenty of information available so you can get caught up.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Cool moment guys. Just got into Mobile and I find out that the recent call-up in place of Desmond Harrison - Austin Golson was on my flight. I just met him, seems like a great guy and I will see him at Media Day in what is less than 10 hours til then now. So excited. I'll keep y'all posted.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Met Charles Davis, Matt Waldman, Jerry Jones, interviewed a bunch of Senior Bowl players including Isaiah Wynn and Quin Blanding. Mike Tanier just drove me back to my hotel. Day one was a success..

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/01/senior_bowl_2018_follow_along.html

Senior Bowl 2018: Recap of Day 1 of practice
Updated January 23, 2018 at 6:13 PM; Posted January 23, 2018 at 6:08 PM
Josh Allen will be on the field in Mobile this week for Senior Bowl practices and the game on Saturday.(Shannon Broderick, Associated Press)

By Dan Labbe, cleveland.com

dlabbe@cleveland.com

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The NFL world is descending upon Mobile, Alabama this week as the Senior Bowl takes place. It's of particular interest to the Cleveland Browns and their fans because they will get an up-close look at Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield and Wyoming quarterback Josh Allen.

Cleveland.com's Mary Kay Cabot is in Mobile. You can follow along with her all week on Twitter. I followed along from here on Twitter, on NFL Network and beyond. Here's a look back at what happened on Tuesday.

Let's start with -- What else? -- measurements. Here are Allen's numbers:

Weigh-in...
Wyoming QB Josh Allen:
6-4 7/8, 237.
10-plus hands, too.
Size: #SeniorBowl

-- Chase Goodbread (@ChaseGoodbread) January 23, 2018
Not bad.

Our sister site, AL.com, has some thoughts from Tuesday morning's weigh-in.

Really, though, this is what you're here for: quarterback hand sizes.

Hand sizes of Senior Bowl QBs:
Josh Allen: 10 1/8
Luke Falk: 9 3/8
Tanner Lee: 10 1/8
Kurt Benkert: 9 5/8
Kyle Lauletta: 9 5/8
Mason Rudolph: 9 1/8* won't play
Brandon Silvers 9 1/8
Mike White: 9 3/8
Baker Mayfield has not yet arrived

-- Rob Rang (@RobRang) January 23, 2018

Here's a full list of measurements, if you're interested.

And, whether it makes you uncomfortable or not, the hype around Allen seems real.

Gauging where NFL evaluators stand on Josh Allen's evaluation, the overriding opinion prior to SR Bowl practices is positive.

He's obviously not perfect, but the excitement level is high. Take that for what you want, and it'll be interesting to see if practice changes things.

-- Josh Norris (@JoshNorris) January 23, 2018
So lots of talk about Allen this week. Here he is doing the talking (and you probably recognize that reporter right near the front).

Big group of reporters talking with Wyoming QB Josh Allen, a potential first round pick. #SeniorBowlpic.twitter.com/ru8MHLBY7K

-- Andy Young (@AndyYoungTV) January 23, 2018
Baker Mayfield was a late arrival to Mobile after tending to a family matter, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport. Mayfield tweeted a farewell to Oklahoma this morning.

Headed down to Mobile for the Senior Bowl! This will be the last time I get to put on the Crimson helmet. The past 4 years have been a dream come true, but this is only the beginning. HUGE thanks to my man @OU_ZackHefley for throwing this amazing content together! #MMOpic.twitter.com/3apPA9AdZi

-- Baker Mayfield (@baker_mayfield6) January 23, 2018

Speaking of Mayfield, this post started making the rounds on Twitter earlier today, responding to Bleacher Report draft analyst Matt Miller.

Too late to join the party, @nfldraftscout. Baker can't wait to meet you!! pic.twitter.com/ksIBaIiYQr

-- Kennedy Kurtz (@kennedylkurtz) January 23, 2018
Which led to some discussion of those maturity issues people love to talk about with Mayfield. Miller attempted to put those to rest.

Okay guys. Calm down. The photo from Baker was him messing with me. It's not immature. It's not insecure. It's funny. @baker_mayfield6 @kennedylkurtz

-- Matt Miller (@nfldraftscout) January 23, 2018
Oh, draft season.

Oklahoma State quarterback Mason Rudolph is in Mobile, but he won't be participating, just meeting with teams.

Mason Rudolph has walking boot on - expects it off on Friday and should be good to go for NFL combine pic.twitter.com/7jaCOwp3DV

-- JP Finlay (@JPFinlayNBCS) January 23, 2018
Just a couple of football guys hanging out, getting ready to watch practice.

[?] Mobile, Ala.

Hue Jackson and John Dorsey settling in for @seniorbowlpractice at Ladd-Peebles Stadium#BrownsDraftpic.twitter.com/hXUv13j8kY

-- Cleveland Browns (@Browns) January 23, 2018
Important update!

Baker Mayfield has landed in Mobile.

-- Andrew Siciliano (@AndrewSiciliano) January 23, 2018
In case you need photographic evidence.

Baker Mayfield is in Mobile. He'll be practicing today for the North on @nflnetwork (photo courtesy of super producer @DSGinATL) pic.twitter.com/NTkfWDIOQ4

-- Alex Flanagan (@Alex_Flanagan) January 23, 2018
Here's NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah with a ringing endorsement for a guy who won't be in Mobile: Sam Darnold.

"If you want to pick a QB, that's your guy."

Why @MoveTheSticks has @USC_Athletics' Sam Darnold going No. 1 overall [?] [?] pic.twitter.com/BpnWI09J3F

-- NFL Network (@nflnetwork) January 23, 2018
Just in case you were wondering where Mayfield was -- and how he feels about people questioning his motives:

Showing up late? What would you do if your mom had gone to the hospital? Get outta here. Family before myself always.

-- Baker Mayfield (@baker_mayfield6) January 23, 2018

When asked who they like from the South team, here are the names mentioned on NFL Network, all defensive players:

Charles Davis: Shaquem Griffin, OLB, Central Florida

Jeremiah: Darius Leonard, ILB, South Carolina State

Mike Mayock: Marcus Davenport, DE, UTSA

Mayock really likes Davenport.

"I think we're going to talk about him as a potential top 10 (pick)." Mike Mayock on UTSA DE Marcus Davenport.

-- Dan Kadar (@MockingTheDraft) January 23, 2018

South practice is underway.

#Nevada OL Austin Corbett was expecting to line up at OC during Senior Bowl practices, but he has been at RT during early installation at practice. I think we'll see him take reps at OT, OG and OC this week.

-- Dane Brugler (@dpbrugler) January 23, 2018

Creative drill for receivers here by the Broncos, forcing wideouts to focus on the ball despite the distraction of "traffic" between them and the QB. Oklahoma State's James Washington and LSU's DJ Chark handling it just fine. pic.twitter.com/wQdBu7IzfC

-- Rob Rang (@RobRang) January 23, 2018
Mayock with high praise for South center Austin Corbett out of Nevada. Says he could be a Joel Bitonio-type of player who played tackle in college and could have success inside in the NFL.

Here's a close-up look at Davenport.

Asking scouts who won the weigh-in this morning, I've heard this name more than once: UTSA DE Marcus Davenport. 6-5 7/8, 259. pic.twitter.com/ox3znufdPE

-- Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) January 23, 2018

Early reviews from one-on-ones in the first practice.

Prospects who have impressed early during 1-on-1s: #Georgia OG Isaiah Wynn, #Alabama OC Bradley Bozeman, #KansasState WR Byron Pringle. #HumboldtState OT Alex Cappa also more than holding his own so far.

-- Dane Brugler (@dpbrugler) January 23, 2018
Some video from one-on-ones.

Levi Wallace working on Byron Pringle out here at the @seniorbowl. Pringle saw the Big 12's sixth-highest yards per route run this year at 2.75. pic.twitter.com/LldJuuxp8E

-- PFF Draft (@PFF_College) January 23, 2018
Griffin making a strong early impression.

I'd say @Shaquemgriffin's first pass rush rep went pretty well, vs. N.C. A&T OL Brandon Parker.#SeniorBowlpic.twitter.com/QAVojgivui

Nope.

Alabama center Bradley Bozeman had an 86.5 overall grade in 2017, 6th highest in the nation! #SeniorBowlpic.twitter.com/0qoKEqXROK

-- Pro Football Focus (@PFF) January 23, 2018
Who is one of the small school guys getting tons of love from the NFL Network crew? Offensive lineman Alex Cappa from Division II Humboldt State. Andrew Siciliano compares his college film to watching LeBron James play in high school, at least as far as how much better he was than his competition.

"This guy has the nastiest tape I've ever seen."@MikeMayocktalks Humboldt State tackle @AlexCappa [?]

[?] : @seniorbowl coverage LIVE now! pic.twitter.com/5zqO7HAacx

-- NFL Network (@nflnetwork) January 23, 2018

Griffin gets Cappa here, though.

Here's @Shaquemgriffin (near side edge) with a would-be sack vs. OT Alex Cappa of Humboldt State during team drills. Obviously it's not live on QBs, but he definitely ate the play up.#SeniorBowl pic.twitter.com/oZr48YYX4c

This hit had people buzzing on Twitter and, it sounds like, in Mobile, too. It's Auburn's Tre' Williams on Rashaad Penny.

That'll slow him down#SeniorBowl #thudwatpic.twitter.com/K67s05PL3i

-- Son Adam (@talkdraftnet) January 23, 2018
Tre Williams isn't afraid to hit. Just destroyed Rashaad Penny

-- Matt Miller (@nfldraftscout) January 23, 2018
No. 30 on the South club -- Auburn LB Tre' Williams -- just absolutely blasted a running back in the hole. Up in the press box, a collective "woah" from evaluators. And it wasn't some small back, it was Rashaad Penny of San Diego St. #SeniorBowl

-- Arthur Arkush (@ArthurArkush) January 23, 2018
Seriously, just inject the Baker Mayfield updates into my veins at this point.

Baker Mayfield is here. pic.twitter.com/hW5OpItbvB

-- Nicki Jhabvala (@NickiJhabvala) January 23, 2018

And, of course, the headband is in Mobile, too.

Baker Mayfield chats with Broncos Head Coach Vance Joseph and GM John Elway #Broncos #BroncosCountry#SeniorBowl pic.twitter.com/UfeGRYGtO3

-- Harrison Faulk (@harry_faulk) January 23, 2018
Speaking of Mayfield, Jeremiah says on NFL Network between practices that he believes Mayfield is a starting quarterback in the NFL and will be a unique playmaker.

As the North team takes the field, Mayock lays out the similarities between Allen and Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz. We're going to hear that a lot.

Jeremiah's player to watch on the North team (outside of the quarterbacks): Harrison Phillips, DT Stanford.

A completed pass from Mayfield.

Baker Mayfield's first bubble screen completion at the #SeniorBowl.

There's been a lot of yelling in attempt to organize the offense in their new setting and scheme. pic.twitter.com/sYymfKOmd5

-- Jennifer Lee Chan (@jenniferleechan) January 23, 2018
Here are a couple of pretty good quarterbacks.

Just a couple guys watching the QBs at the Senior Bowl. pic.twitter.com/M0FSOVmWVk

-- Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) January 23, 2018
Here's a look at Allen throwing.

#JoshAllen #Browns #NFLDraft #SeniorBowlpic.twitter.com/umjgnv5nwb

-- Scott Dryden (@BrownsScout) January 23, 2018
And then, in the interest of equal time, here's Mayfield.

Baker Mayfield right on the money on a slant route here, but Penn WR Justin Watson can't hang on.#SeniorBowlpic.twitter.com/QVKdE19MM1

In case you were wondering, Mayfield and Allen are kind of divisive.

On my timeline right now...

One writer says Josh Allen has had some bad misses with no defenders

Another says Allen is having a good day

Yup, it's draft season.

-- Keith Britton (@KeithBritton86) January 23, 2018
1. https://t.co/9ofiSmWVTJ

-- Ryan (@RyInCBus) January 23, 2018
2. https://t.co/kqx38RXU3v

-- Ryan (@RyInCBus) January 23, 2018
In other words ...

This has been a ... complicated practice for the 2 star QBs. #SeniorBowl

-- Mike Tanier [?] (@MikeTanier) January 23, 2018
Sunshine and O-lines.

Oregon OT Tyrell Crosby (0 sacks allowed in 2017) vs. Ohio State edge defender Jalyn Holmes (31 total pressures) #SeniorBowl pic.twitter.com/lFEbiQN5Q5

-- Pro Football Focus (@PFF) January 23, 2018
And that's a wrap on the first day of practices in Mobile.

North practice over. Vance Joseph talking to team to wrap things up. #SeniorBowl pic.twitter.com/h3X4mSaNcA

-- Alex Kozora (@Alex_Kozora) January 23, 2018
Wait ... one more thing. It's a game. Find Baker.

Baker Mayfield is in there, somewhere pic.twitter.com/4tqCh2PkzG

-- Joe Schad (@schadjoe) January 23, 2018