Senior Bowl Player Meetings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
So far the Rams met with Wisconsin linebacker Chris Borland. This was done on the field and according to Walter Football, is done to set up more formal meetings later in the week.

Borland, ILD from Wisconsin
Tyler Lott, Long Snapper from Harvard
Seantrel Henderson, OT from Miami
Jordan Matthews, WR from Vandy
Brandon Thomas, OT from Clemson
Jeremiah Attaochu, LB from Georgia Tech
Gabe Jackson OG from Mississippi State
Zach Martin OT from Notre Dame
Brandon Thomas OT from Clemson

Last edited by a moderator:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It makes me sad to know that they won't give Donald a chance because of his size.

laramsoriginal

Starter
Rams need

OG, S, CB, OT then some depth at WR then DL. I guess if you guys were drafting for the rams clowny and donald would be our first round selections. The defense would be amazing while sam would end up with a few concussions and stacy with negative rushing yards at the end of the season lol

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It will continue until draft day. Just like my Jeffery obsession a couple years ago.

I haven't heard anything mentioned as far as scouting is concerned.

What's also curious is that we haven't even so much as sniffed Watkins with scouts. Looks like the obsession with him will end up in heartbreak too.

Alan

Legend
ChrisW forgetting how the game is played:
What's also curious is that we haven't even so much as sniffed Watkins with scouts. Looks like the obsession with him will end up in heartbreak too.
Disinformation: Talk to the guys you aren't interested in and don't tip your hand by talking to the ones you are interested in. Then to make it real add a little of both into both categories to completely mask your real intentions.

Rule #1: Never believe anything they do/don't do or say/don't say.

Fun game isn't it? :D

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Disinformation: Talk to the guys you aren't interested in and don't tip your hand by talking to the ones you are interested in. Then to make it real add a little of both into both categories to completely mask your real intentions.

Rule #1: Never believe anything they do/don't do or say/don't say.

Fun game isn't it? :D

This isn't really true. This would be like Schottenheimer trying to outsmart defenses, but in reality, you are only outsmarting yourself

Alan

Legend
I think you might be forgetting that there are always secret workouts and the combine where you can interview to your hearts content. Plus, you are forgetting that I said you also need to actually openly talk to a few you are interested in to really obfuscate the situation.

Try something this year Chris. Notate who we have publicly interviewed and brought in for workouts and then check that against who we actually drafted after the draft is over.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I think you might be forgetting that there are always secret workouts and the combine where you can interview to your hearts content. Plus, you are forgetting that I said you also need to actually openly talk to a few you are interested in to really obfuscate the situation.

Try something this year Chris. Notate who we have publicly interviewed and brought in for workouts and then check that against who we actually drafted after the draft is over.

The past two drafts, who we have brought in for visits to Rams park is the most telling of who's going to be in our draft class.

I have done this before.

We also draft one guy that has a last minute workout. And these are both receivers (Quick and Bailey).

Alan

Legend
Maybe you're right and I sure hope you are because I don't want to draft a WR in the first two rounds. I'm excited about seeing how it plays out Chris.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Maybe you're right and I sure hope you are because I don't want to draft a WR in the first two rounds. I'm excited about seeing how it plays out Chris.

For sure, Alan. It's going to be fun and extremely frustrating at the same time.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
My man Billy Turner from NDSU is getting some great reviews early on. The Rams always need a token Bison on the team (Craig Dahl, Lamar Gordon).

Rob Rang said:
"As impressive James was, arguably the most impressive offensive lineman of the day was North Dakota State's Billy Turner, who possesses a very similar build at 6-foot-5, 316 pounds. Unlike James, Turner struggles a bit with leverage, bending at the waist rather than the knees but he has strong hands and is a good athlete who projects as a quality NFL starter with a little refinement. His upside could push Turner into the top 100 picks, if he isn't there already." -Rob Rang

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Adding to the list:

Tyler Lott, Long Snapper from Harvard
Seantrel Henderson, OT from Miami
Jordan Matthews, WR from Vandy
Brandon Thomas, OT from Clemson
Jeremiah Attaochu, LB from Georgia Tech

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
REALLY like the Jordan Matthews interview! Anyone think he'll last to round 3?

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
REALLY like the Jordan Matthews interview! Anyone think he'll last to round 3?

I keep seeing him being billed as late first round early second round. The better he does, the higher he will go obviously.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I thought I had read somewhere that he was a 3rd round prospect. Wishful thinking on my behalf I guess. If we're not going to take S. Watkins or M. Evans I had hoped to wait until the 3rd for a WR.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan

or maybe we interview and work out players we are interested in and the players fail