Sean Mannion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Well, Mannion looked decent today, but let's see what happens in the rest of the season. If we put Mannion as the starter next week, then it's basically a give up move, and the rest of the team might quit trying as well.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Time to start him. Fisher opened Pandora's box. Can't close it now.

Agreed...I would feel better if Havenstein was back and then Reynolds to LG and go with Mannion, he truly could not be any worse.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The ball got out fast, with pop and accuracy.

He was throwing to the same receivers Foles was.

Which means Foles will start next week and Mannion will once again be 3rd on the depth chart...

There aren't enough hands for the amount of facepalm this Rams Offense generates...
Capt Picards has your back...
y8D0BDL.gif

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Well, Mannion looked decent today, but let's see what happens in the rest of the season. If we put Mannion as the starter next week, then it's basically a give up move, and the rest of the team might quit trying as well.
No, playing Foles is the give up move and the jury is still out on Keenum.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
If we put Mannion as the starter next week, then it's basically a give up move, and the rest of the team might quit trying as well.
I guess I don't understand what they would be giving up. I'm not saying I'm right but do you think the rest of the team would have a problem with trying a QB we drafted in the 3rd round with what we've seen out of the position? We wouldn't be giving up on playoffs - those are pretty well out of reach.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I guess I don't understand what they would be giving up. I'm not saying I'm right but do you think the rest of the team would have a problem with trying a QB we drafted in the 3rd round with what we've seen out of the position? We wouldn't be giving up on playoffs - those are pretty well out of reach.

I'm with you, but then again I'm not a fan of Keenum. IMO the dude is a backup at best. So, yeah, how in the F can this staff not come to the conclusion that starting Mannion is best for this team long-term? Keenum must look like Joe Montana with the scout teams in practice for Fisher to like him that much...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm with you, but then again I'm not a fan of Keenum. IMO the dude is a backup at best. So, yeah, how in the F can this staff not come to the conclusion that starting Mannion is best for this team long-term? Keenum must look like Joe Montana with the scout teams in practice for Fisher to like him that much...
To be fair, Mannion is a backup right now too.
... at best.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
... at best.

Very true. But the logic still favors playing the kid to see if he can be more than that. Particularly given how bad the other two have been.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Very true. But the logic still favors playing the kid to see if he can be more than that. Particularly given how bad the other two have been.
If he's got a handle on the playbook, sure.
If he doesn't, do you really wanna scale down this offense?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
... at best.
So what you're saying is that all three of our QBs are back-ups? Awe man - we're screwed. Think I'll eat some worms.

It's interesting, I got the feeling from Fish's presser - y'know, the one where he apparently told everyone to go fuck themselves - that Mannion will start getting some practice reps and I wouldn't be shocked to see him play if Keenum doesn't show anything.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Fisher said Keenum will start next week. Very unexciting move.
He also specifically said that Mannion isn't ready. So there's that.

Mannion hasn't taken any meaningful reps since training camp and getting his feet wet in mop up duty against a prevent laid back defense doesn't change that.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
So what you're saying is that all three of our QBs are back-ups? Awe man - we're screwed. Think I'll eat some worms.

It's interesting, I got the feeling from Fish's presser - y'know, the one where he apparently told everyone to go freak themselves - that Mannion will start getting some practice reps and I wouldn't be shocked to see him play if Keenum doesn't show anything.
Probably. He's gotta be done with Foles right about now.
For, like, ever.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I think they should start Keenum next week and begin prepping Mannion immediately for the home game vs Detroit in 2 weeks.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
If he's got a handle on the playbook, sure.
If he doesn't, do you really wanna scale down this offense?
What could it hurt? We can't score now! Playing Mannion might just be the start to the answer. After all it's clear that this offense sure isn't.
Of course you could argue that it's a waste of Mannion's time to learn an offense that's already dead and waiting for a proper burial.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
He also specifically said that Mannion isn't ready. So there's that.

Mannion hasn't taken any meaningful reps since training camp and getting his feet wet in mop up duty against a prevent laid back defense doesn't change that.

I don't think Nick Foles is ready either.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Probably. He's gotta be done with Foles right about now.
For, like, ever.
Man. I would always hope for the best for Rams players and I know you do too but I just can't see how anyone can watch him play and want to watch him under center. I haven't seen enough of Keenum and didn't watch Mannion play today so I really can't say which would be better to have in. I sure would however like to see Mannion take some meaningful snaps. It may be selfish as he is our hometown boy but I just want to see what he can do. Right now I just picture him to have the most upside.

Stel

Starter
So what you're saying is that all three of our QBs are back-ups? Awe man - we're screwed.

Mannion isn't a back up, he is a developmental QB. There is a difference. I don't think there was any expectation that Mannion would see the field this year. Remains to be seen whether he develops.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Man. I would always hope for the best for Rams players and I know you do too but I just can't see how anyone can watch him play and want to watch him under center. I haven't seen enough of Keenum and didn't watch Mannion play today so I really can't say which would be better to have in. I sure would however like to see Mannion take some meaningful snaps. It may be selfish as he is our hometown boy but I just want to see what he can do. Right now I just picture him to have the most upside.
Yeah. What I hope, or want, or think about Foles doesn't mean spit to Fisher, and I just think he's done with him. I went back and watched Keenum on NFL Rewind (on the Texans), and I think he can be decent. But ONLY if his confidence is up and he's able to feed off the excitement. He's not gonna look any better than anyone else if this team gets in a hole early, IMO.

I was against putting Mannion in simply because he hasn't gotten any meaningful reps this year (in practice or games) and he might do poorly. But a lot of people have already made the point that it really can't get any worse. At least if we lose badly with Mannion, the angst around here will be less severe. Because, after all, everyone will have gotten what they wanted. On the flip side of that, I don't know if I'll be able to stomach all the "I'm smarter than Fisher, because I would have played him 4 weeks ago" comments if we actually win with him behind center. lol.