Seahawks: Internal strife between offense and defense

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
seahawks-bandwagon-meme.jpg

Zero

Pro Bowler
especially when it comes on the heels of the Seahawks exploring trading Sherman, something they likely wouldn’t be doing if everything in Seattle were going smoothly.
1593326888-547-golden-arrow-hitting-bullseye-on-target.jpg

nailed-it_o_1391147.jpg

she is singing.
opera_fat_lady_singing.jpg

Results are in annd.
Richard you win by a landslide

$_35.JPG

Last edited:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

That's the first time I've read anywhere in the media that states Wilson's pass in the superbowl was terrible. He's like a protected species. If it was to the back shoulder it's a td.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
You guys that didn't read through this entire thing...

Well, you're missing out. It reminds me of the comforting bedtime stories from my childhood.

Read it tonight to your children.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
I have no idea if the article is accurate but we all know Russell Wilson is a massive phoney. He's polished. He's a PR-man's dream so I can believe that he would rub people up the wrong way especially if the coaching staff treat him differently.

Putting rivalries to one side for a second, that team should have won more than it has and everyone knows that the defense was the strength of that team.

Now that I've said all that, lets bring the rivalry back into it and say: ha ha ha f**k you Seattle and f**k the 12s especially

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...old-seth-wickersham-he-nailed-it-on-seahawks/

Others told Seth Wickersham he “nailed it” on Seahawks
Posted by Mike Florio on May 26, 2017

598583640-e1495821131231.jpg
Getty Images

Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett and Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman took issue with Seth Wickersham’s ESPN The Magazine article regarding the dysfunction in Seattle. Others didn’t.

“I don’t blame him for having that reaction,” Wickersham said during a Friday visit to PFT Live regarding Bennett. “I’ve been doing this for a long time. I mean, he knows what’s going on. I got so many texts from players and people in the Seahawks building yesterday telling me how I nailed it.”

If anything, Wickersham is surprised by the idea that anyone would dispute the idea that there have been problems with the Seahawks.

“I was not being some sort of expert detective here,” Wickersham said. “I mean, this stuff is an open secret in the NFL, and I just spent a couple weeks trying to show it as best I could and talk to as many people as I could in the building; I took two trips out to Seattle.”

The deeper problem is that the offense hasn’t been taking enough trips to the end zone.

“You see [Russell] Wilson after games, he’s relentlessly positive and on message, and he’ll say, ‘You know we made a lot of great plays in this game, we just came up short.’ He said that after they played the Rams, and they scored three points.

And here’s a defense, in an era of offense, keeping them in these games, thinking that they’re going to make everybody forget the Steel Curtain, and the offense is putting three points up on the board and he’s being treated in the building like he’s their Aaron Rodgers.

That to me I think is the biggest deal. Those defensive players are smart, they’ve played against the best quarterbacks in the NFL, and they know the difference between very, very good and future Hall of Fame.”

The ability of some of those defensive players to make the Hall of Fame may hinge on winning more championships. If the offense isn’t pulling its weight, if the defense knows it, and if the coaching staff won’t do anything about it, it will be hard to keep everyone on the same page.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...enty-of-quarterbacks-get-treated-differently/

Richard Sherman: Plenty of quarterbacks get treated differently
Posted by Mike Florio on June 14, 2017

ap_17164828309927-e1497490240112.jpg
AP

The Seth Wickersham article from last month regarding the dysfunction in Seattle focused in part on the belief by some players that the organization treats quarterback Russell Wilson differently than the rest of the team. Cornerback Richard Sherman, in his first press conference since the article was published, argued that it’s a common phenomenon.

“Just a made-up story,” Sherman told reporters (thanks to our friends at KJR for the transcript), “because you could literally say that about any team, any quarterback. You could say, ‘Well, the Patriots probably think Tom Brady gets treated differently than everybody else.’ But it would be a legitimate claim. You could make a legitimate claim, you could make this exact same story out of just about any of the teams in the playoffs and a couple that weren’t in the playoffs last year.”

Sherman also suggested that other teams have practices featuring players barking at the quarterback, as Sherman seems to contend he indeed barked “you f–king suck” at Wilson after intercepting him at practice three years ago.

“Any competitive team that has a great offense and great defense, Super Bowl teams, Atlanta and New England — freaking Green Bay, I guarantee you — you go to a practice in the middle of training camp and mic’d everybody up you wouldn’t be able to produce that story, you wouldn’t be able to produce that dialogue, you would never be able to produce that audio, because that’s what it takes.

We play a violent, adrenaline-infused game that takes everything you’ve got and in order to play it at a high level you’ve got to give everything you’ve got, to catch us on the field and try to make a story out of some nonsense like that is laughable but it’s also the unfortunate time that we are in I guess.’’

Sherman may be right regarding the chatter that occurs at practice, but he’s wrong about Brady not being called out by the organization. Receiver Chad Johnson recalled during a visit with PFT Live at the Super Bowl the amazement he experienced when, in the first team meeting to start his only year with the Patriots, coach Bill Belichick ripped Brady in front of the team. While other teams may not apply that same candor with their franchise quarterback, Belichick does with Brady.

Regardless, Sherman seems to be admitting that there’s a perception/reality that Wilson does indeed get treated differently than the other players in the locker room. Sherman nevertheless insists that he and Wilson have a strong relationship, regardless of any tension that may or may not be lingering since Super Bowl XLIX.

“It’s fantastic,” Sherman said. “It’s fantastic. We’re teammates. It’s like a family. It’s like everyone else in a family, we fight for one another just like I’m fighting for the other 52 guys out there, I’m fighting for him and he’s fighting for us.”

Sherman also echoed the sentiments that receiver Doug Baldwin shared last week on PFT Live regarding Wilson’s toughness.

“We have a great appreciation for how tough our quarterback is and what he has played through,” Sherman said. “Last year he played through a number of injuries and he’s not doing that just because, ‘Ah, man I’ve got to go out there and it’s a job.’ He’s doing that for the guys next to him and we appreciate that and we think he is a great quarterback.

But it doesn’t matter what we say. It doesn’t matter what we say at the end of the day because we could say that until the cows come home, but one guy says he has a story and he’s heard a rumor about this, about somebody down the way saying something and that is the truth.”

Regardless of what happened in the past, it makes sense to pay close attention to how the Seahawks get along, or don’t, moving forward. The window remains open, but it won’t be indefinitely. And with each passing year, another chance goes by to build the kind of legacy that comes from winning multiple championships.

fearsomefour

Legend
The irony of Sherman talking about players getting preferential treatment is not lost on me.
"You gotta know when to hold em
Know when to grab em
Know to never let go
On the bump and run
You never stop your whining
Even when no flags are flyin
You'll have time enough to run your mouth
When the cheatings done"
The Gambler as sung by Sherman.
F Sherman, F Pete the cheat, F the 12 th man.