Seahawks DC Dan Quinn to be named Falcons head coach on Tuesday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...plan-to-name-dan-quinn-head-coach-on-tuesday/

Falcons plan to name Dan Quinn head coach on Tuesday
Posted by Mike Florio on January 31, 2015

quinn3.jpg
Getty Images

The worst-kept secret in the NFL will no longer be a secret in a few days.

Per multiple sources, the Falcons currently plan to name Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn the new head coach in Atlanta.

Quinn, 44, succeeded Gus Bradley in 2013. He came from the University of Florida, where he’d spent two seasons after two with the Seahawks.

The Salisbury State graduate began his coaching career in 1994, at William & Mary. He spent seven years at the college level before joining the 49ers in 2001. Four seasons in San Francisco were followed by two with the Dolphins (the Nick Saban years) and two with the Jets, under former head coach Eric Mangini.

League rules prevent the Falcons from offering the job to Quinn until his current team’s season ends. It became clear in recent weeks that the Falcons were waiting for Quinn. The first tangible evidence came when the Falcons hired offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan before hiring their head coach.

The expected announcement will fill the final 2015 NFL coaching vacancy. Unless there’s still another change or two coming in the next week or so.

I haven’t heard of any brewing, but in this business who knows?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My (not very bold) prediction for 2015: Quinn has more wins than Fisher

And you base this prediction on what? Remember he'll be starting over from scratch without Seattle's defense to help him.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
He plans to distract opponents with his shiny, shiny head.

And you base this prediction on what? Remember he'll be starting over from scratch without Seattle's defense to help him.

I take it as given that their O will be better than ours, they're better at QB, better at WR, and should be better at OL, I'll give us the RB, but it's not too hard to find a good one, they've also got an OC who I rate, whilst we have no OC.

On the defensive side they were awful, but I'll take Quinn over just about every defensive coach in the league, he's been awesome everywhere he's been, he was able to build a D capable of carrying a Muschamp :)sick:) coached Florida team to 11 wins, he's had the top D in the league for back to back years in Seattle, all he's got to do is find a way to make the D in Atlanta average, (which should be a fairly straight forward task) and they'll pick up a few more wins.

Schedule wise, they play the two worse divisions in football last year, the NFC South and the AFC South.

All in all I can see them winning 10 games, I have the Rams winning 8, so even if they fall one short of expectations they should still fulfil my prediction.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
My (not very bold) prediction for 2015: Quinn has more wins than Fisher

Screw that I wish him as much success as Gus Bradley and it weakens the Seahawks so to hell with Dan Quinn and the Falcons, but I hope he coordinates a good game today to beat the Cheatroits.

Screw that I wish him as much success as Gus Bradley and it weakens the Seahawks so to hell with Dan Quinn and the Falcons, but I hope he coordinates a good game today to beat the Cheatroits.

How's the old saying go? "Wish in one hand, shit in the other."? Given the choice the Rams would go 16-0 and the Falcons would go 0-16.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
How's the old saying go? "Wish in one hand, crap in the other."? Given the choice the Rams would go 16-0 and the Falcons would go 0-16.

Just think it's a tad unfair, that's an easy prediction, but keep in mind many thought the Buccaneers under Lovie Smith would be playoff bound in 2014. The Falcons have a very good QB and great WR's, but no RB and their defense is a mess so we'll see if Quinn can fix that.