Scouting the Chargers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
I realized earlier this week that I was drunk on Bronco Spiked Kool-Aid and decided to sober up before I let sugar plum fairies dance in my head, conjuring up dreams of playoffs and stuff.

So I actually watched some Charger games to see what we can expect.

I don't like this matchup at all. They have the kind of offense that can negate our pass rush. They are very good at the screen game. Their running game when they use Oliver looks like ours did last year with Stacy. Floyd and Allen are no joke and Rivers is an F'in warrior! Gates still uses his body like Karl Malone did getting entry passes from Stockton. I believe they will be patient and not expose Rivers to much abuse.

They also run a high risk/reward defense and will load up to negate our running game. They frequently use overload blitzes and are smart about how they take away the hot routes on the other side. Other than Weddle, they don't have any dominant defenders but the sum of their parts is pretty darned solid. They are well coached and don't have glaring weaknesses. BTW, the Raiders are better than their record too. Carr is going to be good.

I'm not saying the Rams won't win this game but we will need the following to happen:

1) Jenkins needs to keep Allen and Floyd in front of him.
2) Donald needs to blow up their interior line on a regular basis.
3) Alert, play action over and over and over.
4) More mistake free football from Hill.
5) Mason must have at least 80 yards and Cunningham 3 catches.
6) Keep the penalties down. Rivers is the best at drawing DLines offside w hard counts and boy are we easy to make jump.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I realized earlier this week that I was drunk on Bronco Spiked Kool-Aid and decided to sober up before I let sugar plum fairies dance in my head, conjuring up dreams of playoffs and stuff.

So I actually watched some Charger games to see what we can expect.

I don't like this matchup at all. They have the kind of offense that can negate our pass rush. They are very good at the screen game. Their running game when they use Oliver looks like ours did last year with Stacy. Floyd and Allen are no joke and Rivers is an F'in warrior! Gates still uses his body like Karl Malone did getting entry passes from Stockton. I believe they will be patient and not expose Rivers to much abuse.

They also run a high risk/reward defense and will load up to negate our running game. They frequently use overload blitzes and are smart about how they take away the hot routes on the other side. Other than Weddle, they don't have any dominant defenders but the sum of their parts is pretty darned solid. They are well coached and don't have glaring weaknesses. BTW, the Raiders are better than their record too. Carr is going to be good.

I'm not saying the Rams won't win this game but we will need the following to happen:

1) Jenkins needs to keep Allen and Floyd in front of him.
2) Donald needs to blow up their interior line on a regular basis.
3) Alert, play action over and over and over.
4) More mistake free football from Hill.
5) Mason must have at least 80 yards and Cunningham 3 catches.
6) Keep the penalties down. Rivers is the best at drawing DLines offside w hard counts and boy are we easy to make jump.

They didn't look so good last week. Their offensive line is their glaring weakness. Fourth string center? We're gonna beat these jokers.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Too bad I was right. Didn't want to be. But I actually watch the games. Just amazed how few would recognize the truth before the game

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
I had one response. Am a homer for 50 years. Saw it coming. Wish I was wrong. Really...

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
4. Needed mistake free football from Hill. Didn't happen in spite of good things he did