Schefter: Marrone to be hired by Jaguars

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
That's why they'll always be terrible. Doug Marrone quit on the Bills when he coached them. You have 5-6 better coaching options out there.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's a bummer.
I figured he would be going to New Orleans if they "traded" Payton
Not that I needed any more reason to believe that dream is dead alas...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Thank God. They interviewed the dude all day and into the evening I believe it was, so that plus having him on staff should give them everything they need to know. Great news for us, since it eliminates a bad fit IMO.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I think that's a very good hire by the Jags. He was building something in Buffalo before he inexplicably walked away... and given how the Rex Ryan/Doug Whaley relationship has played out, it kinda makes sense.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interested to see who he brings with him. If he keeps Bradley's staff in place, it's a questionable move. If he brings in some good coaches, it might just pan out. There's a lot to work with in Jacksonville, and Marrone looked capable of being a solid HC when he was with the Bills. Seems like the Jaguars are going with what they perceive as the safe option.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I heard Tom Coughlin slammed his walker on the ground when he heard the news

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
He was hired as their Vice President of Football Operations.

I like that hire by them. Good to see him go back to Jville too and possibly help get that team back to where they were when he was the HC.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Wow, a good day for the Jags.

Interestingly, in Buffalo, Marrone had Jim Schwartz as his DC and Pepper Johnson as his D-line coach. Considering what Johnson has done with the DLs in Buffalo and New York, he could be a good guy to promote to DC.

Also interestingly, the current Jags OC, Nathaniel Hackett, was Marrone's OC in Buffalo.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Wow, a good day for the Jags.

Interestingly, in Buffalo, Marrone had Jim Schwartz as his DC and Pepper Johnson as his D-line coach. Considering what Johnson has done with the DLs in Buffalo and New York, he could be a good guy to promote to DC.

Also interestingly, the current Jags OC, Nathaniel Hackett, was Marrone's OC in Buffalo.

Yeah man. Not a big fan of Marrone, but adding Coughlin to their front office was brilliant. Tom can do it all man, and he'll make all kinds of money for the Jags in that role.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
I figured Mike Smith, their former DC under Jack Del Rio, would get the job with Coughlin as GM.

That combo would have really set the Jags up.

We ought at least be interviewing Smith as he did win Coach of the year honors with Falcons and had them in the playoffs (twice following 13-3 seasons) more often than not. I reckon after the Fisher debacle the Rams FO is set on one of these OC's. I also feel it is a mistake that Dave Toub is not under consideration.

I bet that the Bucs defense enters top echelon status next year and, as usual, KC's special teams leads the pack.

Let's hope we get it right this time.

Be about God Damn time.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Wow, I feel bad for Bortles ending up with Marrone. How can anyone support him after what he did in Buffalo? He quits on his team with no warning and still collects his full salary for a year he didn't even coach. What player can stand behind or trust a coach like that? Selfish crook.