Saquon Barkeley

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Penn State finally has a very good RB. This kid is explosive. He hits the hole with speed and strength. He makes guys miss and runs through tackles. He is worth a look.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He got his ankle rolled up on but from the sound of it he will be back next week if anyone wants to try to watch him. With Barkeley in there the offense is able to move the ball. Receivers get open, there is more time to throw and the defense has to respect the run. Without Barkeley they just load the box and bring the rush and there is no time to throw.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh my goodness. Did anyone else see this kid against OSU Saturday night?

He is amazing.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Oh my goodness. Did anyone else see this kid against OSU Saturday night?

He is amazing.

As a PSU fan/alum I have watched him this year. He was not the top rated RB coming out of high school but in camps he was always getting the top honors. He is a fantastic talent. He moves so fluently. He totally changes their offense when he is in the game. He was injured with a high ankle for a few weeks but should be playing the rest of the year, barring injury.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As a PSU fan/alum I have watched him this year. He was not the top rated RB coming out of high school but in camps he was always getting the top honors. He is a fantastic talent. He moves so fluently. He totally changes their offense when he is in the game. He was injured with a high ankle for a few weeks but should be playing the rest of the year, barring injury.

You're telling me...Considering the defense he was playing, the players around him (or at least how the offense looked without him), and the environment....this kid is the short list of best RBs in NCAA. And he's a freshman...insane.

Good game by the way Elm...some people here in Ohio thought we might lose that game...of course the Bucks haven't exactly looked great thus far...but that was a great game up until the 4th quarter.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah PSU held you for the 1st and 3rd Quarters........I don't know what happened in the second and 4th. I am guessing by the 4th the PSU D was just tired out, like most other teams OSU faced.

PSU does not have the same quality LBers that they used to. To beat such a good Read/Option a team needs good Lber corps or great tackling/fast DBs.