Sam Bradford underwent Knee surgery on tuesday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Sam Bradford - QB - Rams
Sam Bradford underwent successful knee surgery on Tuesday.
Dr. James Andrews once again performed the ACL reconstruction for Bradford. We're noting this mainly for bookkeeping purposes. Bradford will be ready in plenty of time for training camp next summer, though it's uncertain which team he will be playing for. The Rams are looking like they'll likely be picking near the top of the 2015 draft. They need to move on from Bradford.
Source: Nick Wagoner on Twitter
Sep 10 - 4:11 PM

iced

Sam Bradford - QB - Rams
Sam Bradford underwent successful knee surgery on Tuesday.
Dr. James Andrews once again performed the ACL reconstruction for Bradford. We're noting this mainly for bookkeeping purposes. Bradford will be ready in plenty of time for training camp next summer, though it's uncertain which team he will be playing for. The Rams are looking like they'll likely be picking near the top of the 2015 draft. They need to move on from Bradford.
Source: Nick Wagoner on Twitter
Sep 10 - 4:11 PM

would he even be physically ready for training camp next year? I have my doubts after the re-tear

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
So the only thing Wagoner said was he had surgery the rest is yours, right?

Irish

Starter
So the only thing Wagoner said was he had surgery the rest is yours, right? I like to put fish in my pants, wear a tutu and slide down my basement stairs backside first

No, sir. You can't just willy nilly add words to a quote, especially a twitter comment with a trackable source

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
No the rest is rotoworlds good god man I wouldnt write that crap.
Just wondered I saw the tweet.

I wonder who rotoworld thinks would be a candidate for QB of the Rams in 2015 if not Bradford?? Of course they don't care if the Rams suck like we do.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
No, sir. You can't just willy nilly add words to a quote, especially a twitter comment with a trackable source
I don't have a basement but I do have an attic

RamWoodie

Legend
Well...let's see...Sam knee took two unfortunate and unavoidable hits that required ACL surgery. So even though he comes back fit to play...even knowing the system and the players...just move on???

I'm glad the OP isn't running a team! This is a thing you evaluate...you don't just "move on". Should Fisher get fired for having him out there in a preseason game? Of course not!

tahoe

Pro Bowler
would he even be physically ready for training camp next year? I have my doubts after the re-tear
he will definitely be ready physically for training camp, I have zero doubts of that.

RFIP

As I summized, we'd here about it after the fact.

Had the Cardinals middle reliever gotten a hemorrhoid however, THAT we would have known about before he wiped his ass!

Smdh

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
You better draft a franchise QB, if available, as there's no telling SB8 future health

V3

Hall of Fame
Well...let's see...Sam knee took two unfortunate and unavoidable hits that required ACL surgery. So even though he comes back fit to play...even knowing the system and the players...just move on???

I'm glad the OP isn't running a team! This is a thing you evaluate...you don't just "move on". Should Fisher get fired for having him out there in a preseason game? Of course not!
The question has to be asked if Bradford was playing too soon. No one has been asking it. Everything I've read says that patients are at the highest risk of a re-tear in the first year post-op. Bradford wasn't even close to being a year after the surgery. I have to question the move there, whether that's on the doctors, coaches, or even Bradford himself. I honestly don't think he should have been playing so soon- at least not full contact.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Rotoworld is one of my favorite sites because it compiles league wide info quickly...but their commentary is simply terrible. Just read what they are saying in ever Shaun Hill post they have...you'd have thought he was 1 for 30 with an INT.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Look forward to seeing him back in Rams camp next season. Hopefully competing with Mr. Super Bowl MVP Shaun Hill for a starting gig.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
The question has to be asked if Bradford was playing too soon. No one has been asking it. Everything I've read says that patients are at the highest risk of a re-tear in the first year post-op. Bradford wasn't even close to being a year after the surgery. I have to question the move there, whether that's on the doctors, coaches, or even Bradford himself. I honestly don't think he should have been playing so soon- at least not full contact.
Seems like Petterson's recovery set a new standard for everyone. I was happy to see him participating but admit I was cringing every time he was taking a little hit. I just am not sure he can be ready for the 2015 season, I want him there because the alternatives stink but can he realistically be ready to play???

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

That question HAS been asked repeatedly .
Bradfords first ACL tear occured week 7 he returned for training camp
RGIII tore his for a second time in a playoff game week 18 and started the first game of the following season,and continues to play now without a brace.
There are metrics that compare leg strength to evaluate if the knee is ready ,his was passed medically and again it was a longer period and a first ,it's very common for players to return on less time than Sam ,Jake Long has.
You are entitled to your opinion but people with better info passed him and trying to find someone to put it "on" presupposes you need someone to blame for what isn't out of line by most all practices.
It was a hit that could have torn an ACL for the first time .