"Sam Bradford thinks Eagles might trade him"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DthOn2Legs

Rookie
Even Sam Bradford seems to think the Eagles have a chance at Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota.

With trade rumors flying as the 2015 NFL Draft inches closer, a report from Jason Cole of Bleacher Report states that Bradford believes there is a chance he could be moved during the draft.

Bradford doesn't know where he's going to be. Yes, he believes the Eagles are going to keep him at this point in time, trust them, but only so far because the [2015 NFL Draft] has not played out. So he believes there is still a possibility that he could be traded somewhere else. And if that's the case, he wants to wait to see whether that's a team he ultimately wants to stay with long-term.

Bradford's lack of certainty about his future is apparently why he has yet to sign an extension with the team — that and the Eagles aren't knocking down his door to do so.

Per Cole:
In talking to sources around the league and close to Bradford, basically what's happened is Bradford is not willing to accept a substandard deal based on the injuries that he's suffered the past two years and have kept him off the field.
So what does this all mean?

Bradford thinking he might get traded, and the fact that he hasn't signed an extension with the team, only adds more fuel to the fire that the Eagles do infact intend on trading him.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2015/04/2015_nfl_draft_rumors_sam_bradford_thinks_the_eagl.html

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
dt.common.streams.StreamServer.jpg

Athos

Legend
Feel bad for Sam, not so bad for the Rams.

Means we totally fleeced the Shittgles.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Good bit of business by Philly, assuming they never wanted Foles they've effectively traded a 2nd and swapped a 4th for a 5th for a 1st round pick.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
They are not even selling Bradford jerseys yet. What does that tell you also.(n)

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Report: Rumor Of Three-Team Trade For Eagles To Attain Marcus Mariota

Mark Eckel of NJ.com passed along a rumor that a three-way trade could be in the works between theEagles, Browns, and Titans, which would allow the Eagles to move up to the No. 2 overall pick to attain Oregon QB Marcus Mariota.

Eckel notes that rumor is swirling within NFL personnel meetings that the initial trade would send the Browns’ No. 19 overall pick to the Eagles in exchange for QB Sam Bradford. The Eagles would then send DT Fletcher Cox, LB Mychal Kendricks, and the No. 19 and No. 20 draft picks to the Titans for the No. 2 slot in the draft.

Another scenario being discussed by NFL executives is the Eagles sending Bradford, Cox, Kendricks, their No. 20 pick, and possibly another pick to the Titans for the No. 2 spot.

Eckel goes on to mention how Titans HC Ken Whisenhunt is said to be “high” on Bradford, so there could be genuine interest in acquiring him to run Tennessee’s offense.

Cox and Kendricks are both entering the final year of their contract, so it isn’t outlandish to believe the Eagles could be open to trading them, especially when it is in regards to the formerly Chip Kelly coached Mariota.

Philadelphia has until May 3 to enact Cox’s fifth-year option that would pay him $8 million, while Kendricks has yet to attend the team’s voluntary workout program.

We will provide more information regarding this rumor as it becomes available.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Might mean the Titans wanted Bradford not Foles

WestCoastRam

Legend
I'd love him getting traded because that guarantees the pick from the Eagles becomes a 2nd. I really hope it happens.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I'd love him getting traded because that guarantees the pick from the Eagles becomes a 2nd. I really hope it happens.
I think that guarantees that the Eagles don't receive the Rams 3rd round pick in 2016. The 2nd round pick isn't conditional.

The thing that is so wild about these rumors that I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around it, is that the Eagles gave up a lot for a trade piece without having a deal set in stone. Perhaps there is a draft day trade in place if Jameis Winston is the #1 pick.

Big Game

Living The Dream
Sooo Bradford is just now figuring this out hahahah. I kinda feel sorry for the kid.

Greg Stone

Rookie
Fun but laughable rumors since the key piece of evidence is that the Eagles haven't given Bradford a 6 digit extension yet. Did ANYBODY think they would agree to an extension before seeing if Bradford could play a few games without getting injured?

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Another "article" where the info is from "sources around the league and close to Bradford"... That's all I need to know...

RamBill

Legend
Despite Chip Kelly insisting Sam Bradford is Philadelphia’s starting quarterback, there is yet to be any contract talks between the two sides, leading Mike Florio to wonder if the Eagles have plans to deal him.

Watch Florio Talk Bradford

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

haha, nfl media. he may well be traded but their reasoning behind speculating about it is absurd.

sam doesn't sign an extension = he thinks he's gonna get traded. stupid.

he's not gonna sign a long term contract from a position of weakness and a team isn't gonna sign him long term until he shows he can last a season in the nfl again.