Sam Bradford or Alex Smith

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who has had a more difficult start to there NFL career?

• Sam Bradford

Votes: 26 96.3%
  • Alex Smith

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters

RamsFan14

Starter
I think this is a tough question... But it also serves as a reminder that it's not over tell it's over. I get the feeling that Bradford is probably done as a Ram, but you never really know... Alex Smith got quite a few chances to show who he really was with the 49ers, which was a pretty good NFL QB imo. Not saying this is/isn't going to happen to Bradford, just saying anything is possible.

BTW, we still have a good team, let's all ride it out together! This is an awesome brotherly forum, we are all in this mess together! Glad to have an awesome community on here, it's amazing! We'll be alright guys! :)

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
I think this is a tough question... But it also serves as a reminder that it's not over tell it's over. I get the feeling that Bradford is probably done as a Ram, but you never really know... Alex Smith got quite a few chances to show who he really was with the 49ers, which was a pretty good NFL QB imo. Not saying this is/isn't going to happen to Bradford, just saying anything is possible.

BTW, we still have a good team, let's all ride it out together! This is an awesome brotherly forum, we are all in this mess together! Glad to have an awesome community on here, it's amazing! We'll be alright guys! :)
No brainer, Sam. The way CL91 was saying "we got your back 8" makes me wonder if he's truly done.. Him learning under Spags to start his career was the biggest stunt to his growth, thinking what kind of QB he would have been if Fish drafted him from day one almost gets me foaming at the mouth, would have been very ideal. I definitely think Smith had better talent than anything STL has given Bradford up until this point, just a damn shame...

RamsFan14

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Idk if it's a no brainer exactly, Smith did not have it easy by any means with the amount of coaches he had to deal with during his career. He also had his fair share of injuries as well... Playing in San Fran can't be easy either considering the amount of attention they get. Idk if I call it a no brainer exactly.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't think Smith had to go through two rebuilds. He did have his fair share of coordinators, but he leveled out when he had Davis and Crabtree for 3 consecutive years. No doubt the whole Nolan/Singletary thing screwed with his development though. Lotta similarities, so I'd say it's about even. Maybe Bradford had it worse though, if I consider their overall support systems.

RamsFan14

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's an interesting how similar there stories are imo. They def are not the same, but yea Smith had to deal with more OC's and head coaches. He did have Davis and Crabtree for awhile... Not to mention Smith missed the whole year with a chipped bone in his shoulder, kinda analogous to Bradford's ACL tear. I think Bradford had more deficient talent, that I think we can surely agree with. Bradford did have a lot of supporting casts hurt his first few years here too, I can't remember if Smith had to deal with his pile of team injuries.

It's scary tho how similar the two are, but Smith managed to make it out okay. Hope Bradford does too, wherever he plays.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Smith at least had an OL in his time in SF for much of the way. Sam took a lot more shots, now his carreer is in flux.