Rumor - Rams like McVay

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zero

Pro Bowler
Seems like most of even the best young coaches get experienced/better through a failure. Will we be McVay's learning team?
Kroenke has proven to be patient,almost to a fault.
If he will give McVay time to develop he and Goff can grow
into something special.I have also heard that McVay wants to bring in
Wade Phillips to coach Defense.This in itself shows me that Mcvay
is a bright man.He is bringing in a great DC with tons of experience
including HC experience.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kroenke has proven to be patient,almost to a fault.
If he will give McVay time to develop he and Goff can grow
into something special.I have also heard that McVay wants to bring in
Wade Phillips to coach Defense.This in itself shows me that Mcvay
is a bright man.He is bringing in a great DC with tons of experience
including HC experience.
*shrugs...Fisher brought in the "most experienced coaching staff".....certainly the highest paid coaching staff, and the highwater marks was 7 wins in a year. I'll be hopeful if we hire the kid, as with anyone. The Ram's are just not that successful hiring HC's, and this seems a little risky to me.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Let me allay your fears.

Last offseason I was the most "realistic" person on this board. For good reason. I laid out chapter and verse why.

This offseason, I'm saying without equivocation that if the Rams get McVay and Philips and keep Bones, the improvement immediately will be tangible in attitude and WINS.

BOOK IT!!!

Zero

Pro Bowler
*shrugs...Fisher brought in the "most experienced coaching staff".....certainly the highest paid coaching staff, and the highwater marks was 7 wins in a year. I'll be hopeful if we hire the kid, as with anyone. The Ram's are just not that successful hiring HC's, and this seems a little risky to me.
The fact that Fisher failed should have no bearing on this situation whatsoever.
McVay has proven to be a hell of a offensive mind.The same can be said about Phillips
on defensive side.Who did Fisher bring in to run the offense?Two completely different
scenarios.McVay and Phillips would be a perfect combination of Youth and Experience.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The fact that Fisher failed should have no bearing on this situation whatsoever.
McVay has proven to be a hell of a offensive mind.The same can be said about Phillips
on defensive side.Who did Fisher bring in to run the offense?Two completely different
scenarios.McVay and Phillips would be a perfect combination of Youth and Experience.
I also said this..."The Ram's are just not that successful hiring HC's, and this seems a little risky to me."
Which is a comment about more than just Fisher. Another great offensive mind that we hired at HC was Scott Linehan, which I have seen at least one thread wondering about giving him another shot with the Rams. The Rams Owner/Front Office's past history at hiring failures at HC DOES have bearing "in this situation, whatsoever"

Zero

Pro Bowler
I also said this..."The Ram's are just not that successful hiring HC's, and this seems a little risky to me."
Which is a comment about more than just Fisher. Another great offensive mind that we hired at HC was Scott Linehan, which I have seen at least one thread wondering about giving him another shot with the Rams. The Rams Owner/Front Office's past history at hiring failures at HC DOES have bearing "in this situation, whatsoever"
I get your point.You prefer a more experienced option.Nothing wrong with that.
I just do not see any experienced options available that I would prefer.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
TBH, I am concerned with Snead's involvement in the HC hire process. He would obviously have motives to keep himself employed. This would hamper our quest to hire the "best" coach available if said coach wants his own GM not named Snead, right?
Wow, just notices the MODS removed the "Shoot Me" option, dammit!:rant:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
TBH, I am concerned with Snead's involvement in the HC hire process. He would obviously have motives to keep himself employed. This would hamper our quest to hire the "best" coach available if said coach wants his own GM not named Snead, right?
Can someone explain to me again the logic in how Snead doesn't stay employed by the Rams at this point?

Demoff to Snead: "Hey we're not sure if we want to keep you around, but could ya help us with interviews in the meantime while all these teams are putting together new staffs including general managers?"

Snead: "Yeah sure no problem."
200w.gif

Come on...

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
They also have probably the best combo of corners in the NFL. That certainly helps that number out.

Yeah. Though their 3rd CB Roby is a great player himself.

I think Phillips would adapt to our players and probably run more nickel though, despite that number.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I don't care what kind of defense we employ as long as it's elite. I could get real excited about Phillips being brought in. I'm still hungover from losing GW.

Zero

Pro Bowler
Can someone explain to me again the logic in how Snead doesn't stay employed by the Rams at this point?

Demoff to Snead: "Hey we're not sure if we want to keep you around, but could ya help us with interviews in the meantime while all these teams are putting together new staffs including general managers?"

Snead: "Yeah sure no problem."
200w.gif

I think at this point. it would take our new head coach to insist that he be replaced.
I don't think Demoff wants to replace him.I don't either

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I think at this point. it would take our new head coach to insist that he be replaced.
I don't think Demoff wants to replace him.I don't either
My point is it doesn't work that way...or shouldn't.
Snead's agent should be managing a lemonade stand if that's the case. I'd have told Demoff to go pound sand and good luck. If the Rams theoretically wait until February to hire the Shanny's and Snead is out? Dumb.