Rumor: Kam Chancellor possibly done for the year

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Two Great Minds, with a single thought!! THIS^^ is exactly what I was thinking when I heard the News!!

Goff will set a record passing against their "No Name Secondary" when we go to ' She-attle'!!(y):mrburnsevil::rolllaugh:

View attachment 22813

I'd really enjoy a blowout. I would love seeing the Seahawks fans quietly streaming out of the stadium early in the 4th quarter without a single smile in sight.

And the 50 burger......well.......this.......

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...liquid-diet-for-a-few-days-due-to-jaw-injury/

Russell Wilson was on liquid diet for a few days due to jaw injury
Posted by Josh Alper on November 17, 2017

873041334-e1510954420682.jpg

Getty Images

The handling of Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson‘s concussion evaluation during last Thursday’s game against the Cardinals has come up for scrutiny from the league and Wilson said on Friday that “the league’s gotta do what the league’s gotta do” while reiterating that he was fine when it came to a brain injury.

The hit that caused referee Walt Anderson to send Wilson to the sideline did have a lasting impact on Wilson, however. Wilson said that he was on a liquid diet for two or three days after the game because his jaw was knocked out of alignment.

“I had to wear this splint almost,” Wilson said. “Basically a hard mouthguard which would reset my jaw a little bit and make me feel good again.”

Wilson said scans showed he avoided a fracture that would have required him to have his jaw wired shut and, barring some other development over the weekend, he’ll be in the lineup against the Falcons on Monday night.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...liquid-diet-for-a-few-days-due-to-jaw-injury/

Getty Images

The handling of Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson‘s concussion evaluation during last Thursday’s game against the Cardinals has come up for scrutiny from the league and Wilson said on Friday that “the league’s gotta do what the league’s gotta do” while reiterating that he was fine when it came to a brain injury.

The hit that caused referee Walt Anderson to send Wilson to the sideline did have a lasting impact on Wilson, however. Wilson said that he was on a liquid diet for two or three days after the game because his jaw was knocked out of alignment.

“I had to wear this splint almost,” Wilson said. “Basically a hard mouthguard which would reset my jaw a little bit and make me feel good again.”

Wilson said scans showed he avoided a fracture that would have required him to have his jaw wired shut and, barring some other development over the weekend, he’ll be in the lineup against the Falcons on Monday night.

Not a concussion, but he clearly circumvented the concussion protocol - and you can't tell me that a hit hard enough to make him unable to eat solid food for days didn't ring his bell at least a little. I'm not saying this JUST because it's Seattle, but the league can't allow that. Hopefully they will lose a draft pick or two.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes

Getty Images

This will continue to happen until they get an Oline for him.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Sorry for their injuries. I don't wish that on any team or any player but it IS time to put a cleat on the Seahawks' throats and hang a 50 burger on them!!! Nothing wrong at all with kicking them when they are down. Some teams you quit throwing on when you have a 4 TD lead. Seattle is not one of them!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Later on, while listening to a local show on Seattle's ESPN station (710), they announced that Earl Thomas let slip that it would be a challenge to win with both Sherman and Chancellor out, ahead of any such announcement by Petey. I think it was then, after hours of no mention of the possibility that Chancellor might be out vs the Falcons, that the ESPN audience realized that not only would Chancellor not be there for a critical game....He might not be there for several games...
3 Critical Members of the Legion of Boom: Sherman, Thomas, and Chancellor....Now there is one.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I've read most of this and it seems a bit overboard to jump right to "he might be done for the year" from what I've read...Sounds like he won't play this week but after that it's kind of not much different than any other injury that might add a game or 2 if there's a little more to it than that thought...Find out soon enough...

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Getty Images

He's the one who didn't go in the tent, the cameras showed him walking up to it then walking away. So blaming the league is a fucking lie.

Maybe he should drink some of that stupid fucking water he claims cures concussions..........or isn't he sponsored by them anymore?

Remember that bullshit LOL.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...very-water-claims_us_55e0622ae4b0b7a963389483

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
The Rams should prepare for and play them as if they are at full strength. Otherwise all you will hear is how Wussel Wilson was able to guide his team to a division title without that vaunted defense. MVP for Wussel. Blah, blah, blah. That would make me puke....CRUSH this team WITHOUT MERCY!!!!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...llor-expected-to-miss-the-rest-of-the-season/

Kam Chancellor expected to miss the rest of the season
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 18, 2017

872322206-e1511014943302.jpg

Getty Images

The Seahawks are bracing for another big loss in their secondary.

Having lost cornerback Richard Sherman for the season to a torn Achilles tendon, Seattle is now expecting to play the rest of the year without strong safety Kam Chancellor as well.

Mike Garafolo of NFL Network is reporting that Chancellor has been to multiple doctors for an examination of the neck injury he suffered last week against the Cardinals, and the news hasn’t been good: He is likely to miss the rest of the season.

The most recent word from the Seahawks has been that Chancellor was uncertain to play on Monday night against the Falcons. This report sounds a lot worse than that.

The Seahawks are expecting to get Earl Thomas back from a hamstring injury, but the loss of both Sherman and Chancellor would be a huge blow to a team that has grown accustomed to counting on having one of the best secondaries in the NFL.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Don't sleep on Seattle. They still have some very good players over there, and even tho they are without two of their star secondary pieces they will still have a top 10 defense.

I wouldn’t underestimate any team, especially the Seahawks, despite their significant injuries on defense.
My thoughts exactly.....Still have a D-Line for the ages....

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Both of these Seattle DB's have been healthier than most all other starting DB's after 8 & 7 yrs of continuous starts. Luck has always rode with this Seattle team over this last decade. Both now 29 are hitting the peak time period of play. Injuries seem to come around @ this stage. The Seattle team has big $$$ invested here & both of these injuries are of the serious nature. Chancellor's style of play stands to take some hits on his past skills...back & neck injuries are very tricky as we all know... Earl Thomas is only 1 yr younger & has already been missing games as of late too.

I hope Snead & McVay continue to utilize the draft as the means to build on our secondary & re-frame from investing in high $$$ UFA's to fill our many vacancies in our secondary coming up.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Karma bides it's time. You will always have to watch out. Do not rejoice when your enemy falls.
This is the karma coming back to them for rejoicing in all our players falling to injury for the last decade or so.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
For all of those saying they want to beat Sheattle at full strength. There really isn’t a team playing at full strength as the season goes on. Some are just more injured or nicked up than others. I couldn’t give two shits what other teams are going through or who they’ve lost during the season. I only care about the Rams.

I never wish ill will personally on a player. But every starter on the shehawks could go down and I’d be fine with that. No one cares about excuses once the playoffs begin. You’re either in or out.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Huge hit to their defense. Sherman and Kam out for the year is big...

Their scheme is real simple, but yeah there's going to be a lot of dropoff in the form of space available for our wideouts and we now have the offense to take advantage of that difference. It's a big deal for them to lose both those guys as that secondary has always been the heart of their defense.

The fact our game will be in Seattle is huge for them of course. But still. I expected the Rams to beat them in their next matchup even with those two clowns, but without them there is no reason why they shouldn't be able to come out of Seattle with a big win.