Royals are World Champions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I honestly never thought I'd see this happen again.

I have told the story before, but I'm a Royals Fan... I had to live in Ft Leavenworth for a year when I was in 10th grade. There was absolutely nothing to do there. My friends and I used to drive across the river to Kansas City and watch the Royals constantly. George Brett and Company were on the team back then and they were very fun to watch. I moved back home to FL and remained a fan... they won the World Series my Senior year of HS. It was sweet.

Then baseball made changes financially and my beloved Royals were priced out of the league they played in. I lost most interest in my favorite team and baseball in general. Baseball Champs were the teams with the biggest payrolls for the most part. I'd watch playoff games and root for the Yankees to get beat... but my Royals were out of the mix COMPLETELY. The sport was broken as far as I was concerned (I think it still is really).

30 years later... and that's a LONG FUCKING time. My team found a way to scratch out a Championship again. I'm still shocked and amazed.

Go Royals !!!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
FUCK! No offense to the Royals, but that means that Johnny Cueto gets a ring. That bastard should be out of the league for what he did to Jason LaRue.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
I honestly never thought I'd see this happen again.

I have told the story before, but I'm a Royals Fan... I had to live in Ft Leavenworth for a year when I was in 10th grade. There was absolutely nothing to do there. My friends and I used to drive across the river to Kansas City and watch the Royals constantly. George Brett and Company were on the team back then and they were very fun to watch. I moved back home to FL and remained a fan... they won the World Series my Senior year of HS. It was sweet.

Then baseball made changes financially and my beloved Royals were priced out of the league they played in. I lost most interest in my favorite team and baseball in general. Baseball Champs were the teams with the biggest payrolls for the most part. I'd watch playoff games and root for the Yankees to get beat... but my Royals were out of the mix COMPLETELY. The sport was broken as far as I was concerned (I think it still is really).

30 years later... and that's a LONG freaking time. My team found a way to scratch out a Championship again. I'm still shocked and amazed.

Go Royals !!!
After last year's amazing post season run and our disappointing finish, I think everyone knew we would make it back to World Series. Hopefully you won't have to wait another 30 years (and for me 19) to win it again.

I'm glad my family and I were able to make it to a game this year. I've never watched as much baseball in my life then I had over the past year. I hope this group of guys stay together for many years, although, it's understandable to leave for more money. I wonder how many guys will eventually go into the hall...

Last night I crossed off experiencing the Royals winning the World Series off my bucket list. I'm hoping to cross the Rams off that list pretty soon (I was only 4 when they won it in 2000).

Congrats to you, @Selassie, me, and the rest of the Royals fans on the board. We took the crown!

Kansas City Royals 2015 Champions.jpg
Kansas City Royals 2015 World Champions.jpg

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I forgot to mention this in my OP.

I feel like I deserve at least some credit for the Royals' playoff and championship success this year. It's true.

I stopped shaving when the playoffs started. This playoff beard of mine is full on... it's not Fitzpatrick raw... but it's narley as hell.

I plan on shaving this beast tonight.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I will be honest, though; I would've cheered for you guys over the Mets if you didn't have Cueto. Congratulations on your series win. You and all of the long-suffering Royals fans deserve it. And if you let Cueto go via free agency this year, you'll become my favorite team in the American League again.