Rookies set to report to Rams Park/PD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Rookies set to report to Rams Park
• By Jim Thomas

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_369ebb70-0f6e-525f-bab4-e9aaa3535b32.html

It’s that time of year: The brief summer hiatus is over for the Rams. Their 21st and perhaps last season in St. Louis is upon us.

Rookies report throughout the day Monday at Rams Park and will undergo conditioning tests on Tuesday. On Wednesday the veterans report throughout the day and undergo their conditioning tests the following day.

The team’s first practice is 3:30 p.m. Friday at the Rams’ facility in Earth City. It’s one of only nine practices open to the public in the St. Louis area during training camp this summer. One of those nine is at Lindenwood University in St. Charles — the annual team scrimmage on Aug. 7, which starts at 5 p.m. This replaces the team scrimmage held in previous camps at the Edward Jones Dome.

The number of practices held in St. Louis is limited this year because the team is spending several days practicing in the Los Angeles area. Following the preseason opener Aug. 14 at Oakland, the Rams will stay on the West Coast practicing with the Dallas Cowboys on Aug. 17 and 18 in Oxnard, Calif., near Los Angeles. The Rams will practice by themselves on Aug. 19 at Oxnard before flying back to St. Louis.

With owner Stan Kroenke planning to move the team to Los Angeles following the 2015 season, the LA workouts are more than coincidence. A league owners meeting in Chicago in the middle of training camp (Aug. 11) will discuss plans for stadiums in Carson, Calif., and Inglewood, Calif. The San Diego Chargers and Oakland Raiders are part of the Carson plan, with Kroenke’s Rams behind the Inglewood plan.

Here’s the schedule of open practices in St. Louis and Oxnard:

ST. LOUIS PRACTICES

Fri., July 31, 3:30 p.m.

(Earth City)

Sat., Aug. 1, 3:30 p.m.

(Earth City)

Sun., Aug. 2, 5:30 p.m.

(Earth City)

Tues., Aug. 4, 3:30 p.m.

(Earth City)

Thurs., Aug. 6, 5:30 p.m.

(Earth City)

Fri., Aug. 7, 5 p.m.

(Lindenwood)

Sun., Aug. 9, 3:30 p.m.

(Earth City)

Mon., Aug. 10, 3:30 p.m.

(Earth City)

Tues., Aug. 11, 5:30 p.m.

(Earth City)

Oxnard practices

Mon., Aug. 17, with Cowboys, 3:30 p.m.
Tues., Aug. 18, with Cowboys, 5:30 p.m.
Wed., Aug. 18, Rams only, 2:45 p.m.

For more information on training camp, call (314) 516-8852 or visit the Rams’ website at http://www.stlouisrams.com.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Preseason football just a couple weeks away.
It can't get here soon enough.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Jimbo said:
Tues., Aug. 18, with Cowboys, 5:30 p.m.
Wed., Aug. 18, Rams only, 2:45 p.m.

Is that a first for this year? August 18th being both a Tuesday and Wednesday?

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Oxnard is near Los Angeles. I only mention that because Jim wasn't being all that clear about it.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Good Lord the article is somewhat depressing and a new season is upon us, a blank page....Let's focus on Football and getting the offensive line up to speed so the Ram starting quarterback can actually play 16 games and hopefully, beyond!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Great, an article about preseason starting and rookies reporting and JT is whining more about LA than talking about the Rams.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
As the Rams go, his job probably goes also.

I don't like it - but I do understand it.

Understood, but sometimes you have to take the emotion out of it and I think this should be the case, but that's JMHO.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Understood, but sometimes you have to take the emotion out of it and I think this should be the case, but that's JMHO.

He is supposed to be a professional. It's one thing to let your feelings show occasionally during a fast paced QA session or during a radio interview. Letting your feelings show so blatantly to the detriment of your written article though shows that either he doesn't believe in editing, or that he wants to look unprofessional rather than actually write about rookies reporting to camp - you know, give actual football info as he's paid to do.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Right, I read his article this morning and just got down about the season and immediately started looking for some kind of official announcement ... that doesn't seem to exist.

If it happens it happens, but so far he's just speculating, and I would personally love it if writers would cut it out with the defeatists attitude on the St. Louis situation.

And you know, while I admittedly can't stand Bernie and am very glad he's leaving St. Louis as a sports writer, I've generally enjoyed reading JT's articles. Look man, I want to get excited about the season, not depressed.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
JT has been in the whining mode since he wimpered that he apparently wasn't on the A list for party invitations from Fisher and Snead. ..

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Can we just take it as given that every writer is an awful person, who hates the Rams and everything they say should be ignored? That way we can actually address what the topic is about and save around 10 posts per thread.

Honestly it becomes extremely tedious to read every time a well know writer posts an article.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
FOOTBALL IS HERE BOYS!!!!! LETS FUCKING GOOOOO!!!!!
:party::nice::sup::banana::shooting::popcorn::rockon::cheers:

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
or that he wants to look unprofessional rather than actually write about rookies reporting to camp - you know, give actual football info as he's paid to do.

Great Point @Akrasian I concur with always taking the high road, however, that road now seems to only exist when you're under the influence!

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Oxnard is near Los Angeles. I only mention that because Jim wasn't being all that clear about it.

The word "near" might be a bit misleading, Lumber.

SIRI says it's 54 miles from downtown LA. It's approx a 100 miles from my house.

And don't get me started about the LA rush hour traffic. Lol.

We should take up a collection and fly CoachO out to Oxnard and put him up in a motel for a few days. It would be worth it for the quality reports, don't you think?

rambone

UDFA
Can we just take it as given that every writer is an awful person, who hates the Rams and everything they say should be ignored

Know what RAGRam, you're 100% correct. OK JT, you an a@@ and IDGAS :effemine:
Now, R U ready for some football!! :rockon: