Ronda Rousey

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I'm glad she lost. Talk about someone who just got a heavy dose of humility. This is possibly one of the better things to happen to women's ufc. I mean how many people really want to pay and watch 30 second fights? Now they have rivalries and competition. Holly is a champion boxer and kick boxer. Now also a champion in ufc. This result is surprising to most people but not all. Some saw this coming. Maybe now Rousey will act differently. Her ego was just getting annoying and turning people away.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Good.
As a boxing fan this reminds me of Lennox Lewis getting blasted by Oliver McCall. Lewis was very arrogant, was off making movies and getting involved in all this other stuff. He took McCall lightly as McCall was not in his class talent wise and got knocked out.
Im glad she got put on her ass. Maybe now all the dumb talk about her being more than what she is can stop.

It makes you wonder how good/bad her 12 opponents have been.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Some have been pretty good. Meisha Taint is solid.

What this does is set up a quartet at the top of women's MMA if Cyborg enters that is beyond compelling with Holly Holm CLEARLY at the top. Right now if I had to rank women's MMA in the 135 division, it'd be this...

1. Holly Holm
2. Rhonda Rousey
3. Meisha Taint

Now, if Cyborg gets down to 135, then I put her ABOVE Rousey based on how Rousey was so thoroughly dismantled by a disciplined striker. Cyborg is a crazy powerful striker. Until Rousey learns how to engage world class strikers into a clinch from a distance, then she's got real issues at the top of the division.

A fight between Holly Holm and Cris Cyborg would shape up to be akin to Juan Manuel Marquez v Manny Pacquaio with Holly Holm being a tactician with stinging counters and Cyborg being a fantastically powerful force of nature who throws hammers from odd angles. The fights would be very similar, actually.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, after watching Holm dismantle Rousey (I didn't study the fight which is why I said above I didn't care about this match up and wasn't familiar with Holm) that Rousey just isn't on Holm's level.

The Women's MMA Pound for Pound list at this point:

1. Holly Holm - UFC Women's 135 lb Champ
2. Joanna Jedrzejczyk - UFC Women's 115 lb Champ
3. Cris Cyborg - Invicta FC Women's 145 lb Champ
4. Rhonda Rousey - former UFC Women's 135 lb Champ
5. Meisha Taint - #1 Contender UFC Women's 135 lb Division

Thrilled that Holm won. Was rooting for her as I'm a sucker for rooting for the underdog and I love that she won with technical expertise and skill. Even better that she put Rousey's ass to sleep with a kick to the neck that would knock just about anyone out.

Just...EPIC.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Some have been pretty good. Meisha Taint is solid.

What this does is set up a quartet at the top of women's MMA if Cyborg enters that is beyond compelling with Holly Holm CLEARLY at the top. Right now if I had to rank women's MMA in the 135 division, it'd be this...

1. Holly Holm
2. Rhonda Rousey
3. Meisha Taint

Now, if Cyborg gets down to 135, then I put her ABOVE Rousey based on how Rousey was so thoroughly dismantled by a disciplined striker. Cyborg is a crazy powerful striker. Until Rousey learns how to engage world class strikers into a clinch from a distance, then she's got real issues at the top of the division.

A fight between Holly Holm and Cris Cyborg would shape up to be akin to Juan Manuel Marquez v Manny Pacquaio with Holly Holm being a tactician with stinging counters and Cyborg being a fantastically powerful force of nature who throws hammers from odd angles. The fights would be very similar, actually.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, after watching Holm dismantle Rousey (I didn't study the fight which is why I said above I didn't care about this match up and wasn't familiar with Holm) that Rousey just isn't on Holm's level.

The Women's MMA Pound for Pound list at this point:

1. Holly Holm - UFC Women's 135 lb Champ
2. Joanna Jedrzejczyk - UFC Women's 115 lb Champ
3. Cris Cyborg - Invicta FC Women's 145 lb Champ
4. Rhonda Rousey - former UFC Women's 135 lb Champ
5. Meisha Taint - #1 Contender UFC Women's 135 lb Division

Thrilled that Holm won. Was rooting for her as I'm a sucker for rooting for the underdog and I love that she won with technical expertise and skill. Even better that she put Rousey's ass to sleep with a kick to the neck that would knock just about anyone out.

Just...EPIC.

That was all lost one me LOL..........I don't watch MMA I just watched this fight a few times this morning because of the "upset".

fearsomefour

Legend
I'm glad she lost. Talk about someone who just got a heavy dose of humility. This is possibly one of the better things to happen to women's ufc. I mean how many people really want to pay and watch 30 second fights? Now they have rivalries and competition. Holly is a champion boxer and kick boxer. Now also a champion in ufc. This result is surprising to most people but not all. Some saw this coming. Maybe now Rousey will act differently. Her ego was just getting annoying and turning people away.
Now, we will find out if her ego had handle it or not.