Rodney McLeod vs Darian Stewart

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who should start?

• Rodney McLeod

Votes: 21 80.8%
  • Darian Stewart

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters

A55VA6

Legend
This has been discussed in other topics but I figured I'd post this one anyways. Assuming McDonald starts at the other safety spot, I think Rodney McLeod needs to start over Darian Stewart week 1 against Arizona. Stewart, once again, is injured and I just don't think we should rely on him to be our starter. McLeod has been really impressive and has outplayed Stewart in my opinion. What do you guys think?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Stewart has proven to be a solid player. So the edge should go his way.

I, however, voted McLeod. Got to stay on the field to know what you got.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
I can't possibly make an informed decision until I can see them playing in a real defense. I'll vote after the fourth game of the season.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
I was going to post a similar thread but with all the safeties included. I'm curious to see who the forum readers would pick if the cut was today.

To answer your question I choose Rodney of these two. Stewarts constant injuries are really begining to get on my nrrves already.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
McLeod. Much better in coverage. Stewie needs to stay in the box and knock people out.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
McLeod, and it's not even close to me. Better in coverage, better tackler, and he's more durable. In my honest opinion, Stewart should be fighting to stay on the roster because McLeod, Davis, Pointer, and even Daniels have shown more this preseason.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I dont even think Stewart is in the discussion anymore. I think it is between McLeod and Davis. McLeod is flashier and will try to force a fumble but Davis is a great tackler, nothing fancy but gets the job done and knows where to go and reads the play extremely well. At the rate Stewart is going, its would not surprise me if he doesnt make the 53. All he has on the others is experience. Which i admit is good, but he isn't showing up like the others.

A55VA6

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Memento said:
McLeod, and it's not even close to me. Better in coverage, better tackler, and he's more durable. In my honest opinion, Stewart should be fighting to stay on the roster because McLeod, Davis, Pointer, and even Daniels have shown more this preseason.

I agree with this. Man Pointer is one hell of a special teams player so he's definitely on the roster. Stewart will obviously make the roster (i'm pretty sure) but he's not very durable at all. McLeod has really grown and developed. It's very good to see.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Toby Wright. :razzed:

Ok ok i voted McLeod. Stewart has been up and down in preseason thus far. Like most of us,i also fear that he may not have an NFL body aka: Avery,Alexander,Saffold etc...

I'd like to see Rodney get alot of 1st team PT vs Denver. See how he responds. Its a good battle between these two. Unfortunately a weakness on the D also.

FRO

Legend
McLeod just makes things happen when he is out there, plus Stewart is always nicked up.

nighttrain

Legend
albefree69 said:
I can't possibly make an informed decision until I can see them playing in a real defense. I'll vote after the fourth game of the season.
exactly ALBE, all of them are young and inexperienced, take some real game action to sort this out
train