ROD picks the winner: Super Bowl 50

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Pick the winner of Super Bowl 50

• Carolina wins easily

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • Carolina wins a close game

Votes: 20 37.7%
  • Denver wins a close game

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • Denver wins easily

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters

RamzFanz

Damnit
No one thinks Denver wins easily which means no one actually has confidence in Denver. Wins a close game is akin to I hope they win, IMHO.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No one thinks Denver wins easily which means no one actually has confidence in Denver. Wins a close game is akin to I hope they win, IMHO.

Or; it's a show of respect to both teams. :sneaky:

But that's why I put the "wins easily" option. Listening to Sirius radio, our poll seems to match what I am hearing there. There is a "group" that believes the Panthers will win big, but I've not heard a Denver caller say the Broncos win big.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
I want Denver, but think it'll be Carolina in a close one:

Carolina 23
Denver 20

Graham Gano game winning field goal with 12 seconds left.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
I'd like to see Carolina stuff the donkeys 60-2, but think likely it's more around 27-24 Panthers.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've already made my bet lol. But I say 44-17 Carolina.

Just got my $200 box Super Bowl Pool numbers and if this is the final score I'll win $8000. Even though I have Denver winning in this thread I won't be upset if this is the outcome (y)

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Smilin' Cam and the Panthers - 27
Mr. Potato Head and the Broncos - 21

Both Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are first-ballot Hall of Famers but they are also the two biggest cry babies in the NFL, running to the refs every time they don't get their way. So I hope Peyton goes out a loser in the same way Tom Brady did a few weeks ago.

Plus I like Cam Newton and Ron Rivera and would always prefer an NFC team to win over an AFC team in the Super Bowl.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Fairly equal matchup. Both teams have good defenses, and deficiencies elsewhere. Cam is the better QB right now and that's the difference for me. That and the Panthers smashed a couple very good teams to get here.

Carolina 23
Denver 19

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I want Denver, but think it'll be Carolina in a close one:

Carolina 23
Denver 20

Graham Gano game winning field goal with 12 seconds left.
Could you be more specific! How long of a FG? :p

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Going for the 11-0 postseason record.

The extra week aids the Broncos in game planning and hurts Carolina's mo. The SB hoopla proves to be too much for the Panthers.

It's the Broncos 28-24.
This ^ works well! Because The Bronco's have 16 Players on their Roster who have played in the SB, while the Panther's only have 6!!(y):D

GO BRONCO'S!!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Only 40 votes?

giphy.gif

It's easy to vote.

Just click a button!!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/06/pfts-super-bowl-picks-5/

PFT’s Super Bowl picks
Posted by Mike Florio on February 6, 2016

zz0wzjrimwmyzmu3ndbiodnlmgyxotvizmuwzgnhztnlyg-e1454773675468.jpeg
AP

The mind can do crazy things in a two-week window, with first impressions yielding to outside-the-box ideas that can veer dangerously toward #hottaek territory. And while MDS may have made his own Super Bowl pick not long after the participants were locked in, I’ve spent much of the last two weeks going back and forth, knowing that whatever I predict the opposite surely will happen. Again.

Regardless, the job requires the picks to be made. Fortunately, the job doesn’t require the picks to be accurate.

Our conflicting Super Bowl picks appear below.

MDS’s take: The talk about this game will center around the quarterbacks, and that’s where the Panthers have an enormous advantage. Cam Newton is the MVP of the NFL. Peyton Manning, a five-time MVP, is a shell of his former self. When we talk about why the Panthers are favored, it starts with how much better Newton, at age 26, is than Manning, at age 39.

Where the Broncos have an advantage is the possibility that their pass rush can be the one to consistently both bring pressure to Newton to keep him from throwing downfield, and contain him to prevent him from making plays with his legs. If there’s any defense in the NFL that can keep Newton in check, it’s the Broncos’ defense.

And yet even if the Broncos’ defense plays well against the Panthers’ offense, the Broncos’ offense may struggle to move the ball, which will put the Panthers in good field position and make it almost impossible for Denver to keep Carolina off the scoreboard. That’s how I see this game playing out: A battle of field position that the Panthers ultimately win.

MDS’s pick: Panthers 27, Broncos 20.

Florio’s take: I’m getting sick of saying, “We should have seen it coming.” Whether in recent Super Bowls or Denver’s playoff run, we fall in love with the favorite and the underdog finds a way to win and we say, “We should have seen it coming.” For a change, I want to see it coming before it happens.

I want to envision before it happens that the Broncos have developed and executed a ball-control game plan, with running back C.J. Anderson adding significantly to the 72 yards gained in each of his team’s two postseason victories. I want to envision before it happens quarterback Peyton Manning milking the clock on every snap, chewing up large chunks of the 40-second play clock and shortening the game. I want to envision before it happens the Panthers offense stuck on the sideline and frustrated as the Broncos dink and dunk their way down the field.

I want to envision before it happens no turnovers from the Broncos, specifically no snaps whizzing by Manning’s head on the opening drive of the game. I want to envision before it happens Manning playing better than he has all year, combining full health with the abandon that comes from playing each game as if it’s his last because this one, with a win, undoubtedly will be.

I want to envision before it happens a defensive effort orchestrated by coordinator Wade Phillips, who has coached in the NFL for decades and never has been crowned a champion. I want to envision before it happens Von Miller, DeMarcus Ware, Malik Jackson, and Derek Wolfe chasing and harassing Cam Newton more than he has been chased and harassed all year. I want to envision before it happens Denver not giving tight end Greg Olsen a free release from the line of scrimmage, either by roughing him up with linebackers or putting cornerback Aqib Talib on him, one on one.

I want to envision before it happens Chris Harris Jr. and Bradley Roby blanketing Ted Ginn and Corey Brown like they did Green Bay’s receivers, the night Aaron Rodgers inexplicably generated fewer than 80 passing yards. I want to envision before it happens one of the team’s starting safeties not pulling a Rahim Moore and badly misplaying a critical deep throw.

I want to envision before it happens the Sheriff standing under falling confetti, soaking up one last time the sights and sounds of a football stadium immediately after a big game. I want to envision before it happens said Sheriff ambling off the field with a silver trophy tucked in his back pocket, and the Panthers vowing to be back again soon to get one of their own, because they will be.

Ultimately, I want to envision before it happens everyone else saying, “We should have seen it coming” and me, for once, saying, “I did.”

Florio’s pick: Broncos 26, Panthers 23.

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
Hoping for a good game but I think Denver gets blown out in the SB again.
Panthers - 41
Broncos - 17

RamWoodie

Legend
I'm kinda torn on this game because I'd like to see Manning win his last game. I think the Denver defense is good enough to hold Carolina down. It's gonna be close...but I call:

Denver 27
Carolina 20

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
When the Broncos lose the Super Bowl, they lose BIG.
Panthers: 38
Broncos: 16

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I think the Panthers will come up one yard short! Broncos 25 Panthers 19.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I hate the panthers.

Go Opie!!!!!!!

Earlier this week my mind was telling that Carolina would win easily.... now I'm really believing that Denver will take em out.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I hate the panthers.

Go Opie!!!!!!!

Earlier this week my mind was telling that Carolina would win easily.... now I'm really believing that Denver will take em out.
And so it is!