ROD Mock Draft Review-San Francisco 49ers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Hello All, @DaveFan'51 requested I do a full summary of how my team drafted in the ROD Mock Draft. So this is for all that participated, and those that wish to review my draft. Unfortunately, I drew the 49ers as my team. Let me know if you would be afraid, if the 9ers actually managed what I have. Without further delay....

I noted the major needs for the 9ers as QB, WR, TE, G, K, ILB, DL and CB.

Round 1 Pick #7 DE DeForest Buckner-Oregon

Analysis: This dude is an absolute beast and surefire top 10 pick. Paired with Arik Armstead, Ian Williams, Glenn Dorsey and Quentin Dial, and suddenly the 9ers have a pretty solid d line.

Round 1 Pick #25 ILB Jaylon Smith-Notre Dame

Analysis: Made this pick prior to knowing about the nerve damage in his knee. So he will redshirt. Still stoked, as Smith is an elite prospect and will QB the defense when he returns.

Round 3 Pick #89 G Connor McGovern- Missouri

Analysis: We really, really needed o-line help. We take a very solid guard who had a great combine. End of the third round is great value for McGovern.

Round 4 Pick #106 QB Dak Prescott- Mississippi State

Analysis: I had Dak as my fourth rated QB in this draft. Projected to go in round 2, I snagged him in round 4 which is great value. Sit behind Kap this year, take over next.

Round 4 Pick #133 K Roberto Aguayo-Florida State

Analysis: The 9ers didn't even have a kicker on our roster when this draft started. And I really wanted Aguayo. Lucky for me, he fell to the end of the fourth. Need I say more?

Round 5 Pick #174 WR Tajae Sharp- U Mass

Analysis: I really wanted to go WR earlier, but there was a run on them. So I took Sharpe as he was very solid value here. Small hands? Pfft this kid can develop. Currently Torrey Smith, Jerome Simpson and Quinton Patton are the receivers on our depth chart. Will address the position early again next year though I'm very high on Sharpe.

Round 6 Pick #178 RB Terron Beckham

Analysis: Pure high risk/high reward pick. Freak of nature. Wanted him after his pro day and didn't want to wait too long to do so.

Round 6 Pick #207 FB/RB/TE Dan Vitale- Northwestern

Analysis: My steal of the draft. This guy does it all. Plays full back, running back and you can even line him at tight end and he'll go make big plays. Just watch his film. Good value here.

Round 6 Pick #211 G Rees Odhiambo-Boise

Analysis: Rees is a very very good football player. The one huge problem for him, staying on the field. You thought Saffold was bad...this guy is always hurt. But when he does play, he has pro footwork and technique. He just needs to stay healthy. If you can score a starter in the sixth, you do it. He's worth the gamble.

Round 6 Pick #213 CB Ryan Smith-North Carolina Central

Analysis: I'll admit I don't know much about this kid. But the Rams brought him in for a visit. And I hear they're pretty damn good at scouting corners.

In summary, if the draft went this way for the 9ers, I'd be a little worried. I found some very good value with my picks. It's the wrong year for a very deep draft, because teams with a lot of picks, like the 9ers, can fill a lot of holes.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave some comments.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Hello All, @DaveFan'51 requested I do a full summary of how my team drafted in the ROD Mock Draft. So this is for all that participated, and those that wish to review my draft. Unfortunately, I drew the 49ers as my team. Let me know if you would be afraid, if the 9ers actually managed what I have. Without further delay....

I noted the major needs for the 9ers as QB, WR, TE, G, K, ILB, DL and CB.

Round 1 Pick #7 DE DeForest Buckner-Oregon

Analysis: This dude is an absolute beast and surefire top 10 pick. Paired with Arik Armstead, Ian Williams, Glenn Dorsey and Quentin Dial, and suddenly the 9ers have a pretty solid d line.

Round 1 Pick #25 ILB Jaylon Smith-Notre Dame

Analysis: Made this pick prior to knowing about the nerve damage in his knee. So he will redshirt. Still stoked, as Smith is an elite prospect and will QB the defense when he returns.

Round 3 Pick #89 G Connor McGovern- Missouri

Analysis: We really, really needed o-line help. We take a very solid guard who had a great combine. End of the third round is great value for McGovern.

Round 4 Pick #106 QB Dak Prescott- Mississippi State

Analysis: I had Dak as my fourth rated QB in this draft. Projected to go in round 2, I snagged him in round 4 which is great value. Sit behind Kap this year, take over next.

Round 4 Pick #133 K Roberto Aguayo-Florida State

Analysis: The 9ers didn't even have a kicker on our roster when this draft started. And I really wanted Aguayo. Lucky for me, he fell to the end of the fourth. Need I say more?

Round 5 Pick #174 WR Tajae Sharp- U Mass

Analysis: I really wanted to go WR earlier, but there was a run on them. So I took Sharpe as he was very solid value here. Small hands? Pfft this kid can develop. Currently Torrey Smith, Jerome Simpson and Quinton Patton are the receivers on our depth chart. Will address the position early again next year though I'm very high on Sharpe.

Round 6 Pick #178 RB Terron Beckham

Analysis: Pure high risk/high reward pick. Freak of nature. Wanted him after his pro day and didn't want to wait too long to do so.

Round 6 Pick #207 FB/RB/TE Dan Vitale- Northwestern

Analysis: My steal of the draft. This guy does it all. Plays full back, running back and you can even line him at tight end and he'll go make big plays. Just watch his film. Good value here.

Round 6 Pick #211 G Rees Odhiambo-Boise

Analysis: Rees is a very very good football player. The one huge problem for him, staying on the field. You thought Saffold was bad...this guy is always hurt. But when he does play, he has pro footwork and technique. He just needs to stay healthy. If you can score a starter in the sixth, you do it. He's worth the gamble.

Round 6 Pick #213 CB Ryan Smith-North Carolina Central

Analysis: I'll admit I don't know much about this kid. But the Rams brought him in for a visit. And I hear they're pretty damn good at scouting corners.

In summary, if the draft went this way for the 9ers, I'd be a little worried. I found some very good value with my picks. It's the wrong year for a very deep draft, because teams with a lot of picks, like the 9ers, can fill a lot of holes.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave some comments.

You had a really good Draft, JackDRams, I hope it doesn't go anywhere near as well in the Real Draft for the 49ers! (Oops! My Bias is showing!)
And this piece is very well done!! More than I expected!!(y)(y)

like.png

Now watch everyone rip-you-a-new-one for giving the Winer's a Guide to go by!!:fuelfire::mrburnsevil:

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
That's a great draft. If Jaylon Smith can get back to the way he was, and Prescott develops right, the 49ers could be back at it again as contenders very soon. I'd legitimately be scared here.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You had a really good Draft, JackDRams, I hope it doesn't go anywhere near as well in the Real Draft for the 49ers! (Oops! My Bias is showing!)
And this piece is very well done!! More than I expected!!(y)(y)

View attachment 13232

Now watch everyone rip-you-a-new-one for giving the Winer's a Guide to go by!!:fuelfire::mrburnsevil:

And I traded a couple picks away to move up for Smith. They wouldn't have to do that in real life. Could be a lot worse lol.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
That's a great draft. If Jaylon Smith can get back to the way he was, and Prescott develops right, the 49ers could be back at it again as contenders very soon. I'd legitimately be scared here.

I couldn't believe how deep the draft was. I hit every position that I needed to address. With great value too. The two o line man I got could rebuild the line completely now that Davis is coming back too. This would be one solid draft for them.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
You know if this was a real world draft, I'd really, really hate you right now! Good draft

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
You know if this was a real world draft, I'd really, really hate you right now! Good draft

If it was real world draft, I would hate myself too for doing this for the 9ers. But thanks for the compliment.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I couldn't believe how deep the draft was. I hit every position that I needed to address. With great value too

I feel the same way about the Steelers picks. It's a very deep draft and the value is terrific. I'm happy with mine as well. Can't wait to see how the Rams do with those late round picks, some good value to be had.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Wasn't it Jaylon Smith that "THEY" are saying will probably miss all of 2016!?

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Wasn't it Jaylon Smith that "THEY" are saying will probably miss all of 2016!?

Indeed they did. After I drafted him they did the medicals and found out he had nerve damage. Gonna have to sit this year