ROD mock draft in 2016

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

The nice thing about drafting late is that your team is pretty good.
The bad thing about drafting late is watching every other team whittle down your board.
New England doesn't have a first round pick this year because once again they showed themselves to be cheating bastards, but due to a couple key trades I was able move back up into that final pick of the first round. The Pats also received 4 Compensatory picks this year, one 3'rd and three 6'th round picks. Still, other than the 3'rd and 7'th round, we had to wait to pick towards the very end of each round.

Our first trade was with the Los Angeles Rams, giving up our back-up QB Garoppolo for a 2'nd round pick and securing the rights to reserve OT Darrell Williams. Our second trade was to move up into the 1'st round (pick #31) for another quality OT, being this is one of our big needs. Other needs require players at DT and a big downhill RB, slightly lesser needs at LB, WR & CB.

I must give credit to Mike Mayock, CBS sports, the NFL Network and their many draft experts, as well as some reliance on those near 400 years of collective experience that PFF employs with former coaches & scouts. PFF was utilized a good deal in the later rounds, trying to separate quality sleepers from the chaff.

The New England 2016 NFL ROD Draft :

1/31) OT - Taylor Decker, Oh.St.
2/60) DT - Austin Johnson, Penn.St.
3/72) WR - Rashard Higgins, Co.St.
3/96) RB - Jordan Howard, Ind.
4/127) LB - Joe Schobert, Wi.
6/196) WR - Devin Lucien, Az.St.
6/204) CB - Kalen Reed, So.Miss.
6/208) LB - Nick Kwiatkowski, W.V.
6/214) OT - Fahn Cooper, Ole Miss
6/221) QB - Nate Sudfeld, Ind.
7/243) CB - Nick Vanhoose, NW
7/250) C - Matt Skura, Duke

Also added via trade - OT Darrell Williams (Rams)

My most disappointing near misses from the hooligans who got to them first :

OT - Jake Conklin
DT - Kenny Clark
DE - Anthony Zettel
QB - Kevin Hogan
OG - Joe Thuney

Thanks for the fun guys, guess we now have to wait a few years to see how these players pan out for their new teams. I hope to return next year for another go at it. Thanks again.

River

Last edited:

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Well done all - its been a total blast and on the whole, I'm really pleased with my guys :)

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I miss this already. Now what am I supposed to do with my free time?
I know the feeling. But have no fear, there will be plenty to talk about in three day when the REAL Draft starts!!:yess::fuelfire:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
If anyone is interested, I just posted My re-hash of my Eagles Draft in the Draft section of ROD! I hope you Enjoy it!:D

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Cant wait to this again next year as well. Always love these. Think we should to a pre-combine one and a post combine one next year...just my thoughts.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Okay then, with pick 231, the Dolphins select;

CB Anthony Brown, Purdue

1 Ronnie Stanley OT Notre Dame
2 Davontae Booker RB Utah
3 Zack Sanchez CB Nebraska
3 Cardale Jones QB O choke O State
4 Jordan Payton Ucla WR
6 Travis Feeney LB Washington
7 Jay Lee WR Baylor
7 Anthony Brown CB Purdue

How does your draft change after the trade? I ask b/c my brother is a Dolphins fan (don't ask why) and it's fun to feed him (mis) information. :D

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Cant wait to this again next year as well. Always love these. Think we should to a pre-combine one and a post combine one next year...just my thoughts.

I'll run it next year for sure, if that's okay with you guys.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Sounds good, but let's have a discussion on rules & time limits next go around.
Absolutely. I didn't really think we had time to get into it when I took over and I was sick at the time, but next year there's a lot of things that can be improved upon. We'll definitely discuss it.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Man this was a good time can't wait to see how and where the picks I made for the Falcons end up. All ready looking forward to next years.

@Alan and @TheDYVKX thanks for your great work.
I, personally, am going to compare ROD's entire Draft to the REAL ONE! Just to see how we do!!
I don't know if a lot well change, even considering the two Trades at the TOP! I may make a comment on this subject at the end of each Round! So Stay tuned into ROD!!:mrburnsevil:

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Thanks everyone involved for making this so much fun for me.
Matt Millen Jr has left the Lions more athletic, faster, and relentless than before.
The Detroit Lion fans are still a bit miffed I gave up the 4th and 5th to move up for Ryan Kelly c but I knew I had to do it to help bring leadership and solidify the line for Stafford. Spence is really gonna help make for an explosive defensive - and we got great value in later rounds with guys like DL Willie Henry, RB Tyler Ervin, and LB Jatavis Brown and some great developmental guys like RT Brandon Shell and RT Alex Lewis
It was fun proving that I was the best armchair GM at ROD once and for all! :LOL:
GO DETROIT!!!!

can't wait to participate next year!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
It was fun proving that I was the best armchair GM at ROD once and for all! :LOL:
GO DETROIT!!!!
rotfl.PNG
rotfl.PNG

High bar.jpg

But I'm sure you'll get about 28 or so arguments about your Claim!!:D

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Come on guys, you have 48 hours. Surely you can start over with the actual draft order :)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This was an AMAZING mock draft. Wow!

@Alan and @TheDYVKX demonstrated exceptional leadership and effort keeping this on track. Hats off! (y)

And... The general managers, you guys rock! This was a HUGE draft, over a long time period, and you kept it moving... 7 rounds? Get out! Amazing. :bow:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
This was an AMAZING mock draft. Wow!

@Alan and @TheDYVKX demonstrated exceptional leadership and effort keeping this on track. Hats off! (y)

And... The general managers, you guys rock! This was a HUGE draft, over a long time period, and you kept it moving. 7 rounds? Get out! Amazing. :bow:
And I WON!!!!!!!!!!:yess::yess::yess: It was some serious fun. I think everybody did a great job. A lot of 2nd place awards should be passed out for sure!:rimshot::sneaky: