ROD FFL Commissioner's Discussion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I like bomebadeeda's idea about commissioners not playing in their own league.

Everyone agree?

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Agreed. Can I just be the comissioner? I'm terrible

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So far:

We have voted for Yahoo to host.
We have voted for 12 team leagues.

What next?

Head to head or all against all vote (per league)?
16 weeks instead of 17 because players get sat?

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I mean terrible at playing. Lol I pick with my heart, not my mind.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I will commish and I will blatantly and openly sell my power for money and boobies!

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Head to head is.... (IMO....) the best as it gives a good coach a chance...even on weak weeks. And week 16 is a better week to end your league on as half of the decent players in the later spots don't play because of playoffs or injuries and it fries someone needing everyone to play.

Sgt. Ram

the present moment is all you will ever have
Head to head play is best format in my opinion, when I first starting playing FF. It was in a magazine that had a salary for each player. we set a cap and passed the magazine around for the draft. we got our balls busted a couple times by bosses for doing it at work, but those were good times. had no ideal how big FF was going to become.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I agree, we will not vote ROD wide, just go head to head. I like both ways but head to head is more natural.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I don't agree about 16 weeks. It's just something you have to plan for. BUT, that's not at all a big deal for me so, let's present it as week 16 is super bowl and see how that flies?

RamzFanz

Damnit
IDEA: We separate the leagues by days and time zones and let people choose the one they can draft best in?

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I think using the time frame is a good idea.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I think using the time frame is a good idea.

So, I'm Central, but I can do whatever.

Do we need a poll to see where people will fall as far as date and time zones? What will that look like?

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
It could give you a rough idea. But as you know, there will always be a few that don"t fit the profile. And a poll could give you some ideas of where the potential complications might arise.

RamzFanz

Damnit
It could give you a rough idea. But as you know, there will always be a few that don"t fit the profile. And a poll could give you some ideas of where the potential complications might arise.

Not sure how to break it down. Are there enough night owls/over seas to justify a late night draft? How do we poll this?

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Can't we pre rank and draft live and autopick for those not wanting to commit. or we could do live and autopick leagues separately.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Not sure how to break it down. Are there enough night owls/over seas to justify a late night draft? How do we poll this?
It might work out if you held it on a Friday (or Saturday....) night(morning...) and then you might could get some overlap. Now here's a question. Does the league run on the same CST (or EST or MST or even Left coast time....) time for all transactions? Usually if "waivers" are used it's 8 AM CST. But could it be tweaked to fit the time frames of "other" locales and time zones?