ROD 2014 Mock Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
But now with the comp picks don't you feel more like a real NFL GM?

I know I do.
Ha. Yeah no. I don't want to rip too hard on the decision. The people spoke. That aspect of it is fair i suppose.
Having said that i got screwed in a trade after the fact, and now we're waiting on a GM who doesn't think he picks until the 5th rd. :popcorn:

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Ha. Yeah no. I don't want to rip too hard on the decision. The people spoke. That aspect of it is fair i suppose.
Having said that i got screwed in a trade after the fact, and now we're waiting on a GM who doesn't think he picks until the 5th rd. :popcorn:

Well, now we all have plenty of time to do background checks on players.
Hey.. Just like real NFL front office people.

I was dubious at first, but this realistic draft is starting to win me over.

I'm not trying to rip on anybody, just trying to keep it real :)

duckhunter

Starter
Do we wait until 1:30 tonight to run a poll, if Balt can't select. Do we run a poll now while people are using the site for implementation at 1:30, if Balt doesn't pick. Do we wait until tomorrow morning which puts it off another 10 to 12 hours while a poll etc is run.

Just food for thought/discussion.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Run a poll now and use it when his reasonable time is up.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
When are his 24 hours up?

In the actual draft the other GMs wouldn't pick for a team that missed it's slot.

If he didn't give somebody instructions I'm not sure I'm ok with us making his pick.

duckhunter

Starter
His 24 hours are up at 1:30 tonight. If no decision is made prior, then we could easily be adding another 7 to 10 hours before we restart.

If we are going to imitate the NFL then at 1:31 the next team in order can select ahead of Balt. Additionally, after that then as many teams in line can step in front of Baltimore and pick. Now that can get unrealistic also.

I would say, let Mojo pick for him and move on. It's the best we can do for him. What else are we going to do, wait on a wish and a prayer.

Alan

Legend
I'm fine with Mojo picking for him. It's the responsibility of the posters who wanted to do this to be available to pick. It's been long enough.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Thanks but i don't want to pick for anyone. I say we skip the pick and award a comp pick at the end of the 4th rd.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
You guys are going to do what you want.

I'm not sure it's right to change the format of the draft half way through and then penalize somebody who doesn't know, and doesn't know that they have another pick coming.

Like I said, you guys do what you want.
I won't say anymore.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
You guys are going to do what you want.

I'm not sure it's right to change the format of the draft half way through and then penalize somebody who doesn't know, and doesn't know that they have another pick coming.

Like I said, you guys do what you want.
I won't say anymore.
I think he's got 3 more hrs(24 hrs). We can wait. Would that be cool?

duckhunter

Starter
I think allowing Mojo to pick for him is the kind, equitable and most realistic thing to do for Baltimore. 12 in the box can pick it up with his next pick hopefully .Of course, all the other teams will want this back on track as soon as reasonably possible. Out of sensibility and respect, they're not pressing as I see it.

Alan

Legend
Fine with me whatever you guys decide. I'm gonna hit the sack now anyway.

duckhunter

Starter
Thanks but i don't want to pick for anyone. I say we skip the pick and award a comp pick at the end of the 4th rd.
I'm fine with that. We said 24 hours but didn't define the procedures for missing a pick beyond that.

I've participated in these drafts before and liken it to trying to herd chickens.