ROD 2014 Mock Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
brokeu91 reminding me:
I picked Joyner to be our FS/nickle corner, with depth from McLeod and Cody Davis
I remember you saying that when you made your pick but we're going to need both a nickle and a FS on the field at the same time so often that basically we don't have one or the other. I don't want to have to live with McLeod or Davis as our starters. If you put him at FS we have no one to play nickel. Draft isn't over yet though. :)

duckhunter

Starter
I
The Oakland Raiders have traded pick #67 to the Rams for pick #75, 153, and 226.

The St. Louis Rams select Donte Moncrief, WR, Ole Miss

Donte+Moncrief+Steven+Terrell+Texas+v+Mississippi+6--0jkpYnpkl.jpg
I was going to draft Moncrief for KC this round so I like the pick. He's well rounded as far as make up goes. Kid has a ton of upside if a coach can get it out of him.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I remember you saying that when you made your pick but we're going to need both a nickle and a FS on the field at the same time so often that basically we don't have one or the other. I don't want to have to live with McLeod or Davis as our starters. If you put him at FS we have no one to play nickel. Draft isn't over yet though. :)
AZ drafted Tyrann Mathieu as a corner last year and moved him around quite a bit. Ended up playing a lot of FS actually. It's doable. As long as we can get someone to compliment TJMac i think we'll be ok. Besides Alan....

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I was thinking he'd basically be our FS during the 1st two downs then on nickle defenses he'd move down, cover the slot guy, and McLeod or Davis would come in a FS.

I just remember seeing multiple reports that the Rams do not value safety that high.

Alan

Legend
I like McLeod OK as depth but you're not using him for depth like you stated. You're starting him at FS during all the critical 3rd down plays where there's going to be a pass play more often. No matter how you slice it, one guy can't play two positions. Very few 4th round picks make it in this league and this Safety class was extremely sparse this year. I think it's too late to recover from this in regards to getting any help at FS this year. Maybe McLeod or Davis will make a giant leap. I'm far from confident that will be the case. I like what I've heard about Moncrief and we'll score more points this year because of him. I can't help but think that was a luxury we couldn't afford though.

Who knows.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Can someone put some links to all these reports about the Rams not putting much value into safeties. People keep saying this but I havent read it anywhere. Would like to read the articles talking about it.

chefRAMzy

UDFA
Name
Chef
The 4th round will be here before you know it chef. :)
right! i just checked up on the picks for seattle and 2 4th rounds aint bad at all. dont know how long this draft is gonna last but i was just about to trade the rest of my picks for a 3rd if we dont continue hahah

Alan

Legend
What are you gonna do if we finish early? :ROFLMAO: I'm going to lobby for giving everyone $150,000 to sign UDFAs and fight each other to see who can sign who. :LOL:

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
What are you gonna do if we finish early? :ROFLMAO: I'm going to lobby for giving everyone $150,000 to sign UDFAs and fight each other to see who can sign who. :LOL:
Good idea, but good luck policing it

chefRAMzy

UDFA
Name
Chef
watch the NBA playoffs ;)... cuz once it start to go to the later rounds thats when the college prospects become a little meh, and the interest starts to die down imo.

Alan

Legend
I put no thought into this at all of course. :LOL:
We could each take turns trying to sign a player. Post his name and if someone else wants him then they offer him a bonus. The guy who offers the highest bonus gets him. If no one else wants him you get him for nothing (as in no bonus money). Then we go to the next guy and repeat. So that's what I came up with after a minute of thinking. :LOL: Do 5-10 rounds or so.

Plans like that are why I try not to do much thinking at this time of night.

Alan

Legend
chefRAMzy with an almost good thought:
watch the NBA playoffs ;)... cuz once it start to go to the later rounds thats when the college prospects become a little meh, and the interest starts to die down imo.
If you had said watch the NHL playoffs I might agree. Still doesn't occupy me enough though.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
We'll give the results to Jrry, Memphis and Doc so they can armchair GM us to death. :LOL:

@PhxRam could you update the first post with the first two rounds, that way when an updated pick list is posted we only need to copy and paste the third round?

Cheers.