Rocky Mountain Oyster Fry

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Once again we cooked balls at the Rocky Mountain Oyster Fry in Virginia City and once again we took first in Best Overall Taste.

Our booth
FB_IMG_1710715404777~2.jpg

Our friend helping
FB_IMG_1710715411054.jpg

My wonderful abscess at full expansion
PXL_20240315_233539073.jpg

All ground up and ready for the sausage stuffer. The goop on the right is the ground up balls.

PXL_20240309_081149132.jpg

Me cooking up the bangers before they went on the griddle for a quick sear.

FB_IMG_1710715418424~2.jpg

My lovely trooper wife peeling the balls.
PXL_20240309_053049744.jpg

The trophies in the professional category.
FB_IMG_1710715349580~2.jpg

This year we did Bangers and Mash as team Ball Bangers. They actually tasted great. I'm sure even @Selassie I would like them. :evil:

We took first in Best Overall Taste and 3rd in Most Creative Dish.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Congrats again, Stu.

2 things, though.
It looked pretty damn cold and that abscess looks brutal.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Congrats again, Stu.

2 things, though.
It looked pretty damn cold and that abscess looks brutal.
It was a little chilly in the morning but it got pretty warm. Best weather we've ever had for that event.

And yeah. The abscess sucked out loud.

fearsomefour

Legend
Awesome.
Congrats.
Ive never made it up the hill to the fest once in 25 years.....maybe next year is the year.
Hope your mouth is feeling better.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
@RamFan503

We all felt bad for you over here at my house knowing you had to deal with that abscess while doing all that work. I'm so glad you guys had the 3-Peat!

I'm about to go show Cammy the pic of Beck working those balls. She was so curious since Friday wondering what they looked like. I knew you'd post some pics of those babies.

I've said it before but it clearly needs repeating... I do eat some things that many would consider gross or weird, but even I won't be tasting ANY kind of nads! Even your award winning recipes. That's just gonna have to be one of the few things that I will go to my grave having missed out on.

I'd love to see pics of people actually tasting those plums just to see their reactions.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I don't know if anyone caught pictures of people actually eating them. We were busy as fuck. But people kept telling us how good they were.

I'll just say that you haven't tasted really good balls until you've had mine. :yum: :evil:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@RamFan503

We all felt bad for you over here at my house knowing you had to deal with that abscess while doing all that work. I'm so glad you guys had the 3-Peat!

I'm about to go show Cammy the pic of Beck working those balls. She was so curious since Friday wondering what they looked like. I knew you'd post some pics of those babies.

I've said it before but it clearly needs repeating... I do eat some things that many would consider gross or weird, but even I won't be tasting ANY kind of nads! Even your award winning recipes. That's just gonna have to be one of the few things that I will go to my grave having missed out on.

I'd love to see pics of people actually tasting those plums just to see their reactions.
@RamFan503 , maybe Selassie would rather have Ball sushi? Stu, I bet your recipe is fantastic, but I'll wait for the Pig Feather Rack. Congrats on the 3-peat

fearsomefour

Legend
I don't know if anyone caught pictures of people actually eating them. We were busy as fuck. But people kept telling us how good they were.

I'll just say that you haven't tasted really good balls until you've had mine. :yum: :evil:
My wife tried one a few years ago (mountain oysters that is).
Someone asked her if they tasted like chicken.
She said, "More like DNA rifle than chicken."
That made me laugh....gotta love an on the spot double entendre.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
@RamFan503 , maybe Selassie would rather have Ball sushi? Stu, I bet your recipe is fantastic, but I'll wait for the Pig Feather Rack. Congrats on the 3-peat
The subject actually came up as someone jokingly said a booth down the street was serving ball sushi. I theorized that many sushi rolls are cooked, so it could be done without eating raw gonads. But who the hell would want to take the time to make that many rolls? Believe me. Making up 2,557 little sausages was plenty of work.

Now if you did testicle sashimi....

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The subject actually came up as someone jokingly said a booth down the street was serving ball sushi. I theorized that many sushi rolls are cooked, so it could be done without eating raw gonads. But who the hell would want to take the time to make that many rolls? Believe me. Making up 2,557 little sausages was plenty of work.

Now if you did testicle sashimi....
"Sign me up!" ~ @Selassie I

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I can't be the only one who wants to try this...right? I mean, so long as it doesn't contain pasta (which makes me physically-sick), it's still meat, right?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I can't be the only one who wants to try this...right? I mean, so long as it doesn't contain pasta (which makes me physically-sick), it's still meat, right?
Yep. They tasted just like true Irish bangers. If no one told you half the meat was under the dick meat, you'd never guess. We had several people not believe us that the main meat was bull agates.