Robert Woods is looking out for No. 1 receiver role/LA Times

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
There is nothing more important to a young QB than a WR that he can
trust.Trust to be where they are suppose to be and when they are suppose
to be.Many young QB's need that on the field crutch to help them build the confidence to expand.
I have seen Ike/Ellard serve that role more than once.
Goff was looking for someone to build that trust with last year.
But nobody showed up.So glad we cleaned house of those losers.
Woods will serve a very important role in Goff's development and
he couldn't have got here at a better time.
And look where Britt ends up. It's like he really doesn't want to have the pressure of winning. He just wants to do enough to get paid and pretend like he gets no respect. Loser is exactly what he is.

Zero

Pro Bowler
And look where Britt ends up. It's like he really doesn't want to have the pressure of winning. He just wants to do enough to get paid and pretend like he gets no respect. Loser is exactly what he is.
Agree.I honestly believe that if Quick would have had a better example to follow
his career would be different.
Not taking responsibility from Quick.He is his own man.
Just think Britt did him no favors as a supposed team leader.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
He sets an example for the room of how to be a pro,” Yarber said. “When you watch him prepare, he’s taking diligent notes, he’s asking very intelligent questions. He just knows how to prepare.

282fab00-6451-11e6-a7a5-754f4abaa8cb_SuperFanTV_s2016e161F_NIGHT_HardKnocksWreck_Thumb.png

987ff87b4625ab141301c43227b80a7e.gif

Ram65

Legend
I think we got Woods at the perfect time. 25yrs old (which is very young) but 4yrs experienced.

He's been steady on the field, but no reason to think as he enters his prime (and a better QB/offense combination) we could see him consistently around 1000yds every year.

Yes a young vet that is just hitting his prime. I thought his age was a big key to his value along with his professionalism. He is has that value beyond his production as a mentor and example to the young WR corp. It will be interesting to see how the throws get divided up. Anywhere near 1000 yards would be great.

Deadstock

Digital Designer
Name
Deadstock
Can't wait to watch him play back in his college stadium. He's home and he wants to be here.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
(Britt)... It's like he really doesn't want to have the pressure of winning. He just wants to do enough to get paid and pretend like he gets no respect.

LOSER IS EXACTLY WHAT HE IS.
Total supposition on your part bro.

Not to mention that Britt is a multi-millionaire.

Just sayin'.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
It has been widely reported that Bill Belichick wanted to sign Robert Woods.

That is a pretty good endorsement in my book.

Even though I hate Bellacheat, ( unless of course I need him to endorse one of our new players ). :D

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Total supposition on your part bro.

Not to mention that Britt is a multi-millionaire.

Just sayin'.
How about I take back loser and say mediocre competitive desire. In it for the money only. A knuckle head. Picks where to play based on low expectations to win. This last part is supposition based on him going from 1 loser to another, to another.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
How about I take back loser and say mediocre competitive desire. In it for the money only. A knuckle head. Picks where to play based on low expectations to win. This last part is supposition based on him going from 1 loser to another, to another.
He was drafted by the Titans and went to the Rams. He came here as part of a career reclamation effort playing for a coach that saw something and got something out of him as a young kid. He didn't come here to play coach, but he ended up doing that anyway (AFROS). Hack on Britt all you'd like, but your criticism is off base.

A55VA6

Legend
I hope Robert Woods can become the Rams #1 for a long time. He's definitely putting in the work and building chemistry with Goff... so that's a good start.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
He was drafted by the Titans and went to the Rams. He came here as part of a career reclamation effort playing for a coach that saw something and got something out of him as a young kid. He didn't come here to play coach, but he ended up doing that anyway (AFROS). Hack on Britt all you'd like, but your criticism is off base.

I don't think so. Why didn't he show up when Goff wanted to get together with the WRs. He was the leader of that group and none showed up. You don't think that had anything to do with the lazy route running that was prevalent. Might have been nice to help make the rookie more comfortable with his receivers. I think things like that are a big deal and the Rams are way better off without him.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I don't think so. Why didn't he show up when Goff wanted to get together with the WRs. He was the leader of that group and none showed up. You don't think that had anything to do with the lazy route running that was prevalent. Might have been nice to help make the rookie more comfortable with his receivers. I think things like that are a big deal and the Rams are way better off without him.

Why should any of them have shown up when Fisher made it crystal clear that Keenum was the starter?:thinking:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why should any of them have shown up when Fisher made it crystal clear that Keenum was the starter?:thinking:
And if it isn't obvious that Goff was the future it's just another reason I'm glad they're gone. Work with the starter but unless the guys a moron he has to know the future was with Goff.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
You know. The more I think about this, the more I think I'm not being fair. The fact is, the coaching staff put him in that leadership position. It should have been obvious he is not equipped for that. He's a decent receiver, a shitty leader. He is another reason the rams dumped Fisher

Robert Woods will be a good #1. A 1 this young corp can follow.