Robert Quinn Not Satisfied with Rams Preseason Defense

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Rams All-Pro defensive end Robert Quinn isn’t satisfied with the team’s defense the first two games of the pre-season. Quinn wants to see marked improvement these next two exhibition games, before the regular season starts on September 13th when the Rams host the Seattle Seahawks. Quinn cited several good moments by the first team defense against the Raiders and Titans, but wants a more consistent effort. Fox 2 talks with Quinn after Rams practice.

Watch Quinn Talk Rams D

Irish

Starter
Have to disagree with you there, Robert. The Rams aren't in the preseason yet. Historically, the Rams don't start preseason until weeks 1 through 4 of the regular season.

#sackcity

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
NOW I'm concerned. I thought that they were just coasting through preseason for the reps. Quinn is suggesting different

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Excited to see if the whole team can really DO SOMETHING to make a real change by this the 3rd Pre-season game. Improvement from being embarrassed. I was drinking the koolaid after first week of practice as our OL was getting torched by a defense that looked unstoppable, that was without shoulderpads though. Maybe our "D" was drinking some too? This week I'm expecting a REVIVAL on the Dome Turf. Coach today would be the day to add a wrinkle if you want to break with tradition and actually GAMEPLAN just a little bit. Its not against the rules coach. Please let us see some TD'S . Does a body good. NO INJURIES MOST OF ALL!!!!!

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When his helmet popped off, his face (body language?!? again?!?) looked disgusted....just sayin...somebody put that gif in here....just one more body language (BL) discussion....lol...seriously...

Great work as usual @RamBill
here's a better interview...

http://www.rams-news.com/robert-quinn-weve-got-a-lot-of-improving-to-do-video/

Couldn’t find his helmet popping off but I did find the “body language” he used while being strangled on the dropped TD pass that wasn’t flagged :sick:

This happens all too often. Throw the flag ref! :mad:

G3u2pS.gif

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
I'll tell you one thing--I'm not worried about Robert Quinn one bit. I am sick of the lack of holding calls against the tackles who mug him on a regular basis. It happens far too often. And I'm talking about obvious stuff. That ref is standing right there watching and...nothing.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Coach today would be the day to add a wrinkle if you want to break with tradition and actually GAMEPLAN just a little bit. Its not against the rules coach. Please let us see some TD'S . Does a body good.
I couldn't agree more! My thinking exactly!!
I want Fisher to break with his tradition of waiting until week #4 of pre-season to scheme a little!!
And I want to see the Starters for at least the 1st half of the game!!!!

bskrilla

Starter
Couldn't agree more on the holdings. I know they technically happen on almost every play, but what drives me insane is that the ones on Quinn are SO FUCKING OBVIOUS. Quinn is completely to the side of the tackle with an arm wrapped around his neck.... how do you miss that. On top of that Quinn is regarded as one of the best DE's in football. Great QB's get extra calls for roughing etc. but that seems to not extend to Quinn.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Couldn’t find his helmet popping off but I did find the “body language” he used while being strangled on the dropped TD pass that wasn’t flagged :sick:

G3u2pS.gif
More disturbing to me...the dropping of Westbrooks into zone coverage....and the insane depth of JL55....stop rushing mobile QB's with 3 DLs

Irish

Starter
If they are so concerned about holding calls on Quinn, he may have to start embellishing more. All the great pass rushers now a days do. They are also loud, mouthy towards refs, and outspoken off the field.

Quinn still has a ton to learn from the perspective.

V3

Hall of Fame

G3u2pS.gif

I'd really like to know if Fisher says anything to the refs about it. I don't think he does otherwise there'd be SOME sort of increased rate of calling it. If he does and they still don't call it, he needs to be making it a point of emphasis to the NFL since he's part of the competition committee.

Bottom line: I don't get why this is still happening(the non-calls).

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I wonder if this stressing to the team to keep things more vanilla for Pre season is sending a message that the Pre season doesn't matter and that they are just going through the motions. Maybe Fisher wants it that way too, to avoid injuries. I get the injury side of it all but it doesn't really help much with the first few games. Teams that finish strong though usually end up playing well in the Play offs. The Giants come to mind.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Quinn didn't really say all that much. Just that they need to do better essentially.

It seems they need to ratchet up the intensity a bit and fill the freaking gaps. It seems our guys are waiting to be blocked and then letting it wash them out of the plays too easily. Seems Tree is the worst about this. The intensity will be there for Seattle, I'm sure. But I sure would like to see some of it Saturday.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Quinn didn't really say all that much. Just that they need to do better essentially.

It seems they need to ratchet up the intensity a bit and fill the freaking gaps. It seems our guys are waiting to be blocked and then letting it wash them out of the plays too easily. Seems Tree is the worst about this. The intensity will be there for Seattle, I'm sure. But I sure would like to see some of it Saturday.
Just adding to your comment:

I saw a lot of them, not being on the same page. Usually, each guy is responsible for a gap, zone, or area, like outside containment. If a guy like Donald, decides to rush up-field on every play, thinking the play is pass, he may vacate his gap entirely, leaving a hole too large for the LBers' or Safeties to fill. Tree, or JL, may see too many gaps to fill, and wait, causing them to get washed out. Trusting your other players to OWN their responsibilities, will allow us to play faster, and better.

The offense's goal, sometimes, is to give you false reads, hoping to confuse, or suck you into an area, counter to where the play is actually happening. A good runner with vision, and ability, can screw the whole plan, on both sides. Either way, we have to beat each individual, to each spot. Trust your teammate, do your job, then have their back, in that order.