Rob Rang’s Post Combine NFL Draft Fallers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think that's a pretty strong statement considering we don't know the particulars when it comes to DGB's transgressions and his personal character.

I don't think at all. It is stating the obvious.

1 Ultra talented high school kid gets a free ride to a college and screws it up by getting dismissed by the school(which is not common)
2 The guy has a chance at a multi million dollar career and he risks it by doing unnecessary things.

So which is more important to him? The whole drug rule that Universities have is not really that difficult to understand. And most schools are a bit too forgiving. I don't know how Pinkel is but I recall even Michael Floyd had a DUI and two other Underage drinking charges and still started at ND. I read that Winston raped someone and the cops covered for him. That stuff happens all of the time. How many times was DGB warned or covered for? How many chances does he need? And sure Cris Carter turned it around but he is more the exception than the rule and he did it with his second team. If DGB is going to turn it around I would rather it be with the Rams as his second team.

BadCompany

Rookie
Sooo... if DGB is sitting there in the second round, and if he is this great talent... would a trade down be a possibility? Say with Cleveland for their 2nd, a 4th and a 6th? We'd be dropping down two spots in the 2nd round, and recuperating our 4th and 6th picks from the Barron trade. Cleveland, coincidentally enough, already has extra 4th and 6th round picks and of course they're down a wide receiver now.

Would that be good draft management? Is it too much for Cleveland to give up? Not enough?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Sooo... if DGB is sitting there in the second round, and if he is this great talent... would a trade down be a possibility? Say with Cleveland for their 2nd, a 4th and a 6th? We'd be dropping down two spots in the 2nd round, and recuperating our 4th and 6th picks from the Barron trade. Cleveland, coincidentally enough, already has extra 4th and 6th round picks and of course they're down a wide receiver now.

Would that be good draft management? Is it too much for Cleveland to give up? Not enough?

After Manziel and Josh Gordon I am not so sure that Cleveland will be taking a chance on a player with a character flag.

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
Some guys with character issues just scream "Stay away" and DGB is one of those for me. This is also a pretty deep WR draft class and the Rams will have a pretty good group of WR's if they resign Britt and Quick can return healthy. That second round pick is really valuable, so for me it is too big of a risk for someone like DGB, especially when the Rams have a limited number of picks this year and really need help on the offensive line. If the Rams were to take a skill player with some red flags in the second maybe it should be someone like Gurley(injury) if he is still there.

I have ben banging the drum hard for the Rams to take offensive linemen but if the Rams could get Cooper or White at 10 and Gurley in the second I would not be upset. Gurley is most likely off the board before the Rams pick in the second but to me that is an example where value trumps need and risk. Even with the Rams current talent at RB Gurley is worth the risk in the second while DGB to me is not.

Last edited:

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
CBS Sports’ Rob Rang joins Hayley Byrnes to discuss some of the latest players rising up and falling down the draft boards. Risers: OT Jake Fisher, DE Henry Anderson. Fallers: DE Shane Ray

Watch Rang's Draft Risers and Fallers

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Well... That's Rang's opinion. In judging Shane Rey, I'll go by his 'Game Film!'