Road show prepared Rams' Greg Robinson for camp/AP

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Road show prepared Rams' Robinson for camp
AP - Sports

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/road-show-prepared-rams-robinson-235217705--nfl.html

ST. LOUIS (AP) -- Greg Robinson didn't stay put the month after the St. Louis Rams cut players loose in mid-June. Wherever he was, the second overall pick of the draft stayed in preparation mode for training camp.

''It was good to just work with different people and learn from multiple people,'' Robinson said Wednesday. ''It doesn't matter where you're getting it in as long as you get it in.''

The 6-foot-5, 332-pound Robinson was a key component in Auburn's national runner-up season at left tackle and figures as immediate help at guard for the Rams (7-9).

After OTAs ended in mid-June, Robinson worked out a bit at home in Thibodaux, La. He spent time at Bo Jackson's Nike camp at the University of Oregon, worked out with a trainer in Miami, Fla., and got pointers from Redskins Pro Bowl tackle Trent Williams in Houston.

Williams knows plenty about protecting Sam Bradford's blind side, given they were Oklahoma teammates. The two met at the Nike camp.

''He's a Pro Bowler so many years and he asked me to come out, so I thought it was a good idea,'' Robinson said. ''It was pretty cool, I learned a lot from him.''

With Robinson leading the way, Auburn led the nation in rushing and had two players gain 1,000 yards for just the third time in school history. He's still blocking for Tre Mason, a Heisman Trophy finalist drafted by the Rams in the third round.

Getting picked No. 2 has made Robinson the provider for a fractured family; his dad died in 2012 and two of his siblings have spent time in jail. Though his mother is pushing for a new house and an exit from a tough neighborhood, he's patiently assessing options for upgrades across the board.

One exception might be the bling earrings he sported at the second rookie workout Wednesday.

''I'm not budging, I'm taking my time,'' Robinson said. ''I've been talking to a lot of people as far as homes and stuff for my mom and buying cars for myself.

''I have the money to do it but I'm not rushing into anything.''

For now, the Robinson home has become a bit of a mecca. Fame and fortune can do that.

''Things are similar but I can see a difference, a lot of people surrounding the house and stuff like that,'' Robinson said. ''It's a great feeling that I did something positive and I inspired a lot of people.''

Now, he said, the priority is laying a foundation for his career. His future undoubtedly is at tackle, but for now he's trying to become more comfortable at guard.

''It started out kind of difficult,'' Robinson said. ''But now I'm starting to pick up the plays. Now, I'm at the point where I just stop thinking and just play.''

During the rookie workouts, Robinson often went against fellow first-rounder Aaron Donald, a defensive tackle. The two prepared for the combine working out in Arizona.

''We still crack a couple jokes and laugh,'' Donald said. ''It's good to get around guys like that, that I'm close to already.''

Veterans are due to arrive Thursday and the first full-squad workout is Friday afternoon.

NOTES: The Rams announced single-game tickets will go on sale Friday, plus a promotional schedule that includes honoring the 15th anniversary of the franchise's lone Super Bowl championship team for the Monday night game against the 49ers on Oct. 13. There also will be Robert Quinn and James Laurinaitis bobble head giveaways.

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rookies were on the field at Rams Park including ex-Mizzou star Michael Sam, the first openly gay player to be drafted by an NFL team. Michael addressed Dungy’s comment with good humor and no hard feelings. Also includes comments from Greg Robinson and practice footage. From Fox2 St.Louis. (3:01)

Watch Rams Training Camp Report