River's very early 2015 Mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
First off, Fisher gets another season. Can't let a guy go with such a young team who also loses his star QB, LT, LDE & others for multiple games. As for our OC and a few lesser assistants, that's another matter imo. Someone is bound to become a 'scape goat'.
I may well be in the minority here, but I cut and attempt to re-sign Sam Bradford to a two year, $12.mil. fully guaranteed contract ($6.mil.per). If not cut, at least extend him a year at far less money. Should Sam get & stay healthy, prove to turn his career around in 2015, we solve the huge dilemma in attempting to replace him with an unknown. I do add another FA QB not named Davis for insurance.

Cuts :
C - Wells, LT - JLong, OLB - Dunbar, OG - Joseph, RB - Pead, QB - Davis.

Extend a new contract to DT Langford for less money, his status as a rotational player requires it. Cut & Re-sign or extend QB Bradford thru 2016.

Re-sign : TE's - Kendricks & Harkey, WR - Britt, OT/OG - Person, S - McLeod, QB - Hill. RT Barksdale & C Barnes are given their walking papers.

Based on previously mentioned cuts and re-signing/extending Bradford/Langford, Kendricks, Britt & Harkey, i've roughly estimated 2015 CAP savings at approximately $17.mil - $20.mil. Really depends on players being extended or paying deadmoney for cuts. Besides this, the 2015 league-wide total CAP allowance should rise as the new NFL/TV rights contracts kick in next year, probably growing at a pace at least as large as last seasons $10.mil. rise in the CAP. So, imagine our Rams with as much young talent as we shall be returning, and possibly up to as much as $27mil - $30mil. in additional spending dollars to be applied to the 2015 draft class and improving depth with some solid veteran free agents.

Outside 2015 free agents :

LG - Iupati, SF

FS - Several potential candidates here : Rahim Moore, Den - Devin McCourty, NE - Louis Delmas, Mia - Patrick Chung, NE

QB - A few i'd be happy with : Matt Moore, Mia - Colt McCoy, Was - Ryan Mallet - NE

2015 NFL Draft :

1) RT - La'El Collins, LSU
2) C - Cameron Erving, Fl.St. or Reese Dismukes, Auburn
3) MLB - Eric Kendricks, UCLA
5) QB - Sean Mannion, Or.St.
7a) K - Jared Roberts, Co.St.
7b) OT/OG - Jamon Brown, Louisville

The first two picks along with free agent LG Iupati should settle our offensive line for many years, finally allowing for some chemistry to take hold. Kendricks can get up to speed behind Laurinaitis and possibly allow him to move outside when deploying a 3'rd LB. If Mannion is still somehow available, seems a worthy potential developmental QB, although i'm not really a big fan. Bringing in a K is only to push what has recently become a more inconsistent Kicker in Zuerlein. The late round OT/OG is a huge man which can hopefully add some depth. jmo

duckhunter

Starter
I'm all for OLine help early and often but I have my concerns with Bradford's injury history behind two rookies. We have to start somewhere with some quality, young talent but I'm reluctant with two being starters. Maybe Jones would start at c under this scenario.

I'd consider a solid LB through FA. Decent LBs are not as expensive in FA many times.

The more we wait on drafting a QB early, the farther down the road his development starts and ability to effectively compete for the job. If Bradford falters whoever we choose this year probably is penciled in as next year's starter unless they go very early for a QB next year.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am against signing Iupati in FA. Draft looks good except Mannion...I really just don't like the guy. :LOL:

Patrick Chung is also not capable of playing FS(at an effective level).