Rivers to TEN for #2 Overall (Rumor)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I don't think Tennessee is close enough to the playoffs much less the superbowl. Rivers will help but I don't think he makes a big enough difference.
I'm not sure, they have a decent set of receivers, and their o-line only needs an RT - they could do with picking up a decent pass-rusher in the draft though

It would also give Mettenberger time to improve his craft under Rivers

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
From what I've read about Rivers he puts his family first. So at this point if he doesn't like the destination of a trade or relocation he might just walk away.
The trade negotiations might be the easy part. Getting him to move might be a lot harder.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Ya'll are stoned if you wouldn't make that trade + extension.
I completely agree with Mojo!!
IMG_51954121005792.jpeg
A Man of Brevity!!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
San Diego should be adding a lot more than just Rivers. That trade looks like a total rip-off.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Marcus Mariota - QB - Player
Bleacher Report's Jason Cole reports it's looking "stronger and stronger" that the Chargers will acquire Tennessee's No. 2 overall pick, and draft Oregon QB Marcus Mariota.

Per Cole's sources, Philip Rivers and San Diego's No. 17 overall pick would be "just a start" in trade talks. We've still yet to see the smoking gun that this is going to happening, but nothing has been done to squash the rumors. It's not a fairy tale.

Source: Bleacher Report
Apr 16 - 4:10 PM

So, if this is true then the Rams trading up to get Mariota is false?

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hell I would give them the 10th pick and Foles for Rivers. Somebody make the call!
I think a big reason that he isn't extending with the Chargers is because he doesn't want to go to LA, so I wouldn't like the Rams chances of getting him signed to a new contract. We would also have to try to fit his salary into our cap.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
By the time Tennessee puts a decent team around Rivers, he will be in the retirement phase. At least with Mariota they can have a young QB that will have more than 1 or 2 more years left in the tank and enough mobility not to get injured. Rivers is tough but I'd rather not have a guy so old and slow that he ends up having to play through injury.

Rivers behind our offensive line? Start warming up Keenum.