RIP Joe Cocker

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://radio.com/2014/12/22/joe-cocker-dead-at-70/

Joe Cocker, Rock Legend, Dead at 70
December 22, 2014

165854025.jpg

By Radio.com

Joe Cocker has died after a long battle with lung cancer, reports ITV News. He was 70 years old.

Cocker was known for his bluesy, gravely voice and skyrocketed to prominence with his cover of the Beatles’ “With A Little Help From My Friends,” which he performed at Woodstock in 1969.

In 1975, his song “You Are So Beautiful”, reached No 5. in the charts in the US. He also won a GRAMMY award in 1983 for his US No. 1 duet with Jennifer Warnes, “Up Where We Belong.”

Born in Sheffield, England, Cocker started performing in various groups at a very young age. He formed the Grease Band in 1966, and later performed on TV shows such as The Ed Sullivan Show and This Is Tom Jones.

Known for his twitchy, erratic movements on stage, Cocker played SNL in 1976 and was playfully impersonated by John Belushi.

His last album, Fire It Up, was released in 2011.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Yo9EvSCHlY

RamzFanz

Damnit
With a little help from my friends.

Singing with Queen.

Best ever classic Crocker.

Old school version:

Last edited:

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Growing up, I never knew how much I had heard him. I was an addict of "The Wonder Years"...didn't know til later that that was a remake, he made it his own. I would agree, the world is a little less cool today.

fearsomefour

Legend
Went to the "second" Woodstock back in the early 90s....back when I was young. Anyway, it was chaos and fun. One of the standouts was Joe Cocker. I was never a fan before, but, man he was great. Very powerful vocals live. Got down near the front for Cocker and he kicked ass.