Ricky Williams opening a marijuana-friendly gym in San Francisco

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

200.gif

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
This aught to teach all those gyms out there agressively drug testing pot heads at the door. :rolleyes:

What is the point of this club?

Last edited:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The inmates at the prison I go to are way ahead of you. They get busted for having that snuck into them more than you might think. Cell phones, cigarettes, booze, etc. are also among their favorite items.
Of course they do (i've spent time in jail), but my experiment involves openly giving them marijuana. You do good time, you get your pot. Watch as the rest of the vices, violence diminish significantly. Not just because they're "rewarded with pot"...but because of the pot.

If i ever get elected Governor.
200.gif

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Of course they do (i've spent time in jail), but my experiment involves openly giving them marijuana. You do good time, you get your pot. Watch as the rest of the vices, violence diminish significantly. Not just because they're "rewarded with pot"...but because of the pot.

If i ever get elected Governor.
200.gif
Not a bad idea Mojo. You've got my vote. ...heck, you had my vote before this.

fearsomefour

Legend
Ah the weed backers come up with some crazy non scientific crap.

A few years back there was a list going around of all the things pot supposedly "cured". There were dozens and dozens of maladies on the list and I remember thinking if this was true the plant would be the biggest miracle in the world.
Weed and apple cider vinegar.
Cure everything.

fearsomefour

Legend
Funny article.
I do wonder about the affects of it in regards to weight....all of the regular smokers I know are thin.
The question for me is....if you are taking anything that changes your mental state, how do you KNOW you are more focused? This reminds of all the idiots who swear they drive better after drinking.
As an aside, if you are that sore after working out, you are not doing it right.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Yes, because smoking pot makes one want to work out hard.
Weed is a banned substance because it can increase/enhance one's focus....hey I don't make this stuff up.....
http://www.businessinsider.com/how-marijuana-affects-working-out-2015-1
In November of 2014, Men's Journal interviewed elite triathlete Clifford Drusinsky, a Colorado gym owner who also leads training sessions fueled by marijuana edibles.

"Marijuana relaxes me and allows me to go into a controlled, meditational place," Drusinsky told Men's Journal. "When I get high, I train smarter and focus on form."
oh shit it does this too....
In the World Anti-Doping Association's current ban on competing while stoned, the organization cites studies that show marijuana can decrease anxiety and increase airflow to the lungs by acting as a bronchodilator, something that decreases resistance in the airways.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
What the freak was their problem? Couldn't they find out what they needed in 3-4 weeks? Days????

Good point. What's weird is that they set up cameras all over the jail but didn't tell the inmates why, and then they still acted like idiots.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Yeah....just hide the chips, cheez doddles, cookies, candy, cheese steaks, pizza...this is a never ending list!

Otherwise known as my breakfast. But I work it off here reading posts.

5n7mki.jpg

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Ricky Williams involved ??? I'm stunned, stunned I say...Wonder if it's too late to apply for the vendor's gig..Chips and chocolate should put me into a comfortable retirement...

DenverRam

Starter
Ah the weed backers come up with some crazy non scientific crap.

A few years back there was a list going around of all the things pot supposedly "cured". There were dozens and dozens of maladies on the list and I remember thinking if this was true the plant would be the biggest miracle in the world.
it is. Colorado built an entire industry around it. Prescription drug abuse has dropped in our state. Taxes of millions of dollars going to fight homelessness and fund school systems.

Even our governor who hated it at first, has now come around. The legalization of cannabis has been the smartest thing CO has done in a long time. As CO was also the first state to legalize alcohol during the prohibition era.

Last edited:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
it is. Colorado built an entire industry around it. Prescription drug abuse has dropped in our state. Taxes of millions of dollars going to fight homelessness and fund school systems.

Even our governor who hated it at first, has now come around. The legalization of cannabis has been the smartest thing CO has done in a long time. As CO was also the first state to legalize alcohol during the prohibition era.

Actually Colorado has a rising abuse problem especially with opioids. They are too easy to get, not to mention dangerous as fuck.