Rich Eisen Podcast: Les Snead and Larry Fitzgerald

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I love you guys.
I'm out of this thread [av]http://www.mediacollege.com/downloads/sound-effects/star-trek/tos/tos-transporter.mp3[/av]

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
And I will still fight each and everyone of you to the death in a cage match.

As long as you don't hit me in the face.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I love you guys.
I'm out of this thread [av]http://www.mediacollege.com/downloads/sound-effects/star-trek/tos/tos-transporter.mp3[/av]
hzGij0I.jpg

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Also, it was very revealing. Snead alluded to that the first 4 games of the season where we tried to spread it out, was us reacting to our division. He said after that, Fisher went back and said, we're going to do what we do and have them react to us, which is why he went back to running the ball, play defense and play action pass.

I just re listened to this podcast.

Snead did make it clear that the Rams don't want to be reactive to the other teams in the NFC West. They don't want to just try to stop their West opponents, they want to dictate. Snead said he left breadcrumbs about what the Rams are going to do in this draft in the podcast and that after the draft was over you could go back and re listen to it and say "ah, there it was".

What I heard on a second listen was that Snead thinks Watkins is a more talented Anquan Boldin, and Boldin is the guy who Snead said has continued to kill his team. I think Watkins just may be in play at #2.

Snead also said don't forget the third OT, the kid from Michigan. So Lewan may be in play also.

He also said Jake Long will be ready for training camp and that Bradford is progressing extremely well and he is definitely their QB in 2014 and the future. So maybe that's an indication that they aren't going OT with their first pick.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'd be fine with Über Boldin....err I mean Watkins at 2, but Lewan at 13? Come on Les WTF are you thinking?!

lockdnram21

Legend
i didnt hear anything about long. i took it as hes not drafting Watkins or Lewan. Right after he said about Watkins compareing to Boldin he said but our guys need to step up. when he mentioned Lewan he was talking about clowney destroying hi. He didnt even say his name. im thinking its between Robinson and Matthews.imo

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
My take: He connected a lot of dots to Robinson, and Matthews, but he would go no further down than Lewan, if they didn't take a Tackle at #2. He likes Watkins, but he didn't appear to willing to take him at #2. Sounds like he could still be in play in a trade down, if the Rams can still nail a Tackle. He did rip Lewan a couple times, but not by name, and part of thee jabs were because Rich went to Michigan.

This was interesting, he brought up the cap guy a couple of times, so I was wondering if we've been approached about taking a player in a trade, but if not, then we are close, cap wise, and if we take on more draft picks, he has some work to do, quickly. The Rams want to make the most of their opportunity, and that sounds like if Clowney slipped, that he'd be the Rams #1, but they'd be willing to trade him to get more value.

If I connect the dots and follow the bread crumbs, the Rams want to find a way to get a top Tackle, and still get another really good player, and extra high pick(s).

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Well, I heard him say that we are taking Watkins at #2.

Don't try and tell me I didn't hear that either.

Thank you.