Rhaney is next man up for battered O-line/PD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Just felt Rhaney made many mistakes against the Ravens getting pushed back and missing assignments for example. Now, he might play better at LG, however, in preseason Rhaney experience at guard was all at RG don't recall him playing at all at LG.

Overall, it's just a mess and hopefully Havenstein can come back soon because then Reynolds would move back to LG. The positive in this is Cody Wichman, he seems to have held up well and IMO the Rams feel is future is at RG and want him to get the experience there. As to Garrett Reynolds, cut Saffold next year and extend Reynolds for depth. Draft a Center like Max Tuerk who will be coming off knee surgery, but because of that might get him at a bargain in the third round. Hopefully next year Battle or Williams can claim LT and GROB moves inside where IMO, he's better suited and with hopefully a new OL coach things just might be looking up for once.

I would agree with the assessment that Cody Wichmann should remain from this point on out at starting ORG. No reason to keep flipping him back & forth. Might as well as set both Havenstein & Wichmann up as our starters on that right side now.

The left real only question mark should be the GRob post for 2016. I just not real sure that trio of Robinson-Battle & Williams will be the answer @ OLT at this point. Big BIG ?

Most should know my thoughts on Saffold for 2016 season...keep him as an emergency game day veteran reserve along with veteran Garrett Reynolds reason being that it is a proven fact our Ram OL starters will go down with injuries. I would never plan for Saffold to be anything else than a emergency plug in game day. Then release him after 2016 when the cost of release lessons.
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/st.-louis-rams/rodger-saffold/

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
This is a great post.

I want to admit right now... I did, in fact, at one time own an Away Bulger jersey. There,,,, I said it.

I even wore that beauty to a Road game in Jacksonville. This was a Bulger #10 jersey!

My wife bought me that thing as a surprise. :shocked: I had to wear it.

Most know... I really really didn't like Marc.

Now..... and I can't believe I'm saying this.... Oh, how I wish we had that Marc under center this year.

It's easy to overlook the good things when the wins don't keep coming.
Bleh, I was a fan of Marc. Like you said, he did well enough until the line fell apart.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I would agree with the assessment that Cody Wichmann should remain from this point on out at starting ORG. No reason to keep flipping him back & forth. Might as well as set both Havenstein & Wichmann up as our starters on that right side now.

The left real only question mark should be the GRob post for 2016. I just not real sure that trio of Robinson-Battle & Williams will be the answer @ OLT at this point. Big BIG ?

Most should know my thoughts on Saffold for 2016 season...keep him as an emergency game day veteran reserve along with veteran Garrett Reynolds reason being that it is a proven fact our Ram OL starters will go down with injuries. I would never plan for Saffold to be anything else than a emergency plug in game day. Then release him after 2016 when the cost of release lessons.
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/st.-louis-rams/rodger-saffold/
I would have to agree on keeping Wichmann @ RG to see what we have, so far I really haven't been impressed by him or Donnel. Havenstein was and is the starter @ RT no matter what but in regards to Stafford if he is healthy he beats out Wichmann easy just my opinion

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil

This is a good point. This could give them a good head start for next season. The o line, more than any other unit, needs continuity like this.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I would have to agree on keeping Wichmann @ RG to see what we have, so far I really haven't been impressed by him or Donnel. Havenstein was and is the starter @ RT no matter what but in regards to Stafford if he is healthy he beats out Wichmann easy just my opinion

I would take the opposite opinion on this one hotanez. Once Wichmann gets his bearing in that ORG post Saffold does not stand a chance of wining it back.

When is Saffold ever healthy or how much more can his damage body play with. Wichmann has no history of any major injuries or surgeries and a youthful body. Saffold was a shell of himself after the first major shoulder reconstruction I have very little faith that after back to back shoulder reconstructions all in less than one years time that Saffold can be an effective long term starter in the NFL any longer.....Ghost of what he was....just by his play before he injured that second shoulder joint.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I would take the opposite opinion on this one hotanez. Once Wichmann gets his bearing in that ORG post Saffold does not stand a chance of wining it back.

When is Saffold ever healthy or how much more can his damage body play with. Wichmann has no history of any major injuries or surgeries and a youthful body. Saffold was a shell of himself after the first major shoulder reconstruction I have very little faith that after back to back shoulder reconstructions all in less than one years time that Saffold can be an effective long term starter in the NFL any longer.....Ghost of what he was....just by his play before he injured that second shoulder joint.

I don't know if Safford will every be healthy or if he will recover 100% from shoulder surgery but if, big IF, Safford is healthy he will beat out Wichmann I have no doubt. The part about Safford not looking good before he injured his other shoulder is not fair, how many plays was that? Not enough to come to that conclusion I think.